American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 21, 2009, 12:08:56 AM
The Plax sentence is a bit harsh. This is America don't forget where you are allowed carry concealed weapons with you if you have a permit.

You have to be intelligent enough however to actually go get a feckin permit, he didnt and is doing a stretch because of it. What an idiot.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

thejuice

Going for a snooze now, will get up at 12 and make the dinner and sit down and watch TItans @ Steelers. Hard to tell who'll win this one. Anyway great that the NFL is back on the box. C'mon Falcons!!
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

new devil

Great game tonight..steelers win 13-10 in OT

Bod Mor

I hate the layout of the new nfl.com match tracker. It won't update at all on IE6.0 for me but will on firefox. Why did they change it from last year's one, it was perfect!

Highlights of Titans/Steelers should be good to watch. Big Ben 2 interceptions and they still win!!
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

thejuice

Good game. Polumalu was having a great game *appart from the flags* before he got injured *!!Madden Curse!!* . His one-handed interception, or tackling Johnson in the backfield was brilliant.

Steelers really need to do something about their running game, if they could find another Bettis, or someone like Jacobs or Michael Turner to run between the tackles and have Parker to run outside. If they dont, Parker wont be able walk by December. Or just stop running the ball.

Hines Ward though, surprised to see him lose the ball the way he did. A bit reckless. But he wont make tat mistake again.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

magpie seanie

Quote from: Bod Mor on September 11, 2009, 06:42:56 AM
I hate the layout of the new nfl.com match tracker. It won't update at all on IE6.0 for me but will on firefox. Why did they change it from last year's one, it was perfect!

Highlights of Titans/Steelers should be good to watch. Big Ben 2 interceptions and they still win!!

I haven't used it yet but I worried about the change as I found it good beforehand. If it aint broke.....

Is the Bears/Packers game on Five or will Sky have it? Made it my business to tune Five into my "Other Channels" last night just in case.

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 11, 2009, 11:50:35 AM

I haven't used it yet but I worried about the change as I found it good beforehand. If it aint broke.....

Is the Bears/Packers game on Five or will Sky have it? Made it my businedd to une Five into my "Other Channels" last night just in case.

Chicago v Green Bay is on Five.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Claw

Quote from: thejuice on September 11, 2009, 10:47:22 AM

Steelers really need to do something about their running game, if they could find another Bettis, or someone like Jacobs or Michael Turner to run between the tackles and have Parker to run outside. If they dont, Parker wont be able walk by December. Or just stop running the ball.

I wonder is it their run game or their offensive line? Big Ben gets battered around the place every game and only he is such a good scramler, he would be in A&E every weekend. I really thought Mendenhall would be good this year, so much so that I picked him up in one of my fantasy leagues. I still think he could be good with a O line ahead of him. At the moment though, it seems Tomlin doesn't have much time for him.
Bold prediction - the Steelers don't make the play-offs this year.

Tyrones own

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-jordanhall091209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Sounds about right having met him on a couple of occasions ::)
The best at what he did no question but as a person..........
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

stew

Quote from: Minder on September 11, 2009, 11:53:31 AM

Is the Bears/Packers game on Five or will Sky have it? Made it my businedd to une Five into my "Other Channels" last night just in case.

I have a ticket to this tomorrow night but cant be arsed, I am going to watch it in the comfort of me own home and then after a good nights kip I get to play a round at the venue of next years PGA championship.  ;D

Green bay to win 28-17 and me to shoot 87. ;D
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Minder

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 12, 2009, 05:58:16 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-jordanhall091209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Sounds about right having met him on a couple of occasions ::)
The best at what he did no question but as a person..........

Read a book by a basketball journalist "When nothing else matters" that followed him for a year or two when he was with the Wizards, if you are a big fan dont read it ! Comes across as a total c**k
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Capt Pat

Quote from: stew on September 12, 2009, 08:50:13 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 11, 2009, 11:53:31 AM

I have a ticket to this tomorrow night but cant be arsed, I am going to watch it in the comfort of me own home and then after a good nights kip I get to play a round at the venue of next years PGA championship.  ;D

Green bay to win 28-17 and me to shoot 87. ;D

You have a ticket to the Bears at the packers and you aren't going to use it. Are you a fan of either team?

Capt Pat

Tell me about it, it was  a great system last year, now it doesn't make anys sense. All the game stats are on another page that you have to click on. WHY?

thejuice

Giants are looking like contenders. Falcons chances have greatly improved as the Panthers are looking abysmal. Good win against the Dolphins today though Turner didn't get going at all though. Gonzales making an impact already.

mc_grens

In case anyone was wondering about getting it, I got NFL Gamepass,for one week to try it out, and its really good. You can choose any game and flick back between them at will.

All the games are available to watch at any time once they are over too.