American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on August 05, 2009, 03:12:27 PM
Quote from: Galwaybhoy on August 05, 2009, 02:30:39 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 05, 2009, 02:10:33 PM
Quote from: Galwaybhoy on August 05, 2009, 02:08:16 PM
Thanks Harp, have it ordered now and everything.

Are you in the USA? What is the shipping like in those sites to Ireland?

No I'm in Ireland.  Thats why I asked here before I ordered off a website, I wanted to see what other people use.  I have checked up some English websites including Reebok, ACA Sports, http://www.greatamericansports.co.uk/ etc but none of them had a great selection and some of the jerseys had old names on the back.  I don't buy many jerseys so in the end I said I'd try NFLshop even if it cost a bit more just because it had a good selection and what I wanted.  The expensive part is the shipping which cost me $25.86.  Going by the websites shipping methods and costs page it will take between 3-7 days to arrive.  I don't know much about buying products from the USA but it normally takes that long when I buy from other websites in Europe anyway so I'm surprised it wont take longer.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed I wont have to wait long anyway.

NFLShop is a bit pricey but the quality will be top notch. Remember the sizes will be larger from the states ie. a med/large will be more like a xl/xxl. Check the sizing.

Yeah I made that mistake last time I got a jersey a couple of years ago.  Got a medium size jersey and it was huge, so I got the small size this time around.  If this doesn't fit me I may have to start looking at the youth/kids sizes   :-[

Galwaybhoy

Got my jersey today.  That was quick seeing as I only ordered it last Wednesday.  Anyway just for anyone that orders from outside the EU don't forget about the customs.  I had to pay €35.00 on top of what I had already paid.  So between that and shipping it cost more to have the product delivered to me than to buy the jersey itself.

Worth it though  :)

Gabriel_Hurl

anyone see the fake punt during the Hall of Fame game last night?

It's a beauty

magickingdom

it was a beauty all right, took me about 5 times to figure it out

The Iceman

great start to the pre-season - thank God the NFL is back  - Monday nights haven't been the same!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

thejuice

Not sure where he's going to fit in. Simply a back up for Donavan?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

I know its only the preseason but Matt Stafford looked very good but also bad at times at the weekend. So too Sanchez, both looked to have potential. Raiders showed flashes against the Cowboys perhaps they might go places with Gratowski at QB?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

tyroneman

Thought jamarcus was starting qb for raiders?

thejuice

Well I'm just guessing. Dont think Russell is any good.

However. In  Other News, Brett Favre is flying out to Minnesota to sign with the Vikings later today.

Capt Pat

Favre to the Vikings is back on. He is expected to sign today. Vikings for the superbowl.

Eastern_Pride

This is the Packers year. Not just like other years I can feel it! ;D ;D ;D
On a serious note our defence is awesome and the playoffs is a must as Rodgers is stepping up(or trying to) Bretts mantle
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

MaroonAndWhite

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 18, 2009, 06:47:15 PM
Favre to the Vikings is back on. He is expected to sign today. Vikings for the superbowl.

Ah jaysus, not this again  :D Thats one attention hungry man.....

Anyone have any news on how Sky Sports negotiation re new season in NFL is going? If the NFL's going/gone, Im getting rid of Sky as Ive no interest in premiership football......

thejuice

I hope to God they dont drop it, their coverage is great. We wont get anything like it from chan4 BBC or 5. In fact I think due to the popularity of it I cant see them losing it without a fight.

Capt Pat

I think the invention of justin tv will satisfy all my NFL needs for the coming year.