American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Quote from: mikasas on May 08, 2009, 01:48:49 PM
Well guys what you think of the Eagles Draft pick and trades?
Gonna miss B-Dawk something shockin!
Think they can push a couple of steps further this year?

It looks promising for them. They lost Thomas and Runyan on the offensive line and brought in Andrews and Peters to replace them. Then in the draft the traded up for Maclin. Le Sean McCoy should also be a big help with the running game and they got a new tightend Ingram. They will be favourites for the NFC title at least imo.

anportmorforjfc

http://fanrankings.nfl.com/

predict how the teams will finish this coming season

The Iceman

anyone following the basketball?
Been a great season so far with the Nuggets and Lakers currently contesting the West Coast Conference and Koby Bryant putting in an outstanding 4th quarter with an individual tally of 18 points.
On the East coast the Magics face LeBron James' Cavaliers after beating my team (Boston Celtics)

It could be the final everyone wants this year with arguably the two best players of the last 10 years going head to head if Koby meets LeBron in the finals!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

RMDrive

Quote from: The Iceman on May 20, 2009, 03:25:27 PM
anyone following the basketball?
Been a great season so far with the Nuggets and Lakers currently contesting the West Coast Conference and Koby Bryant putting in an outstanding 4th quarter with an individual tally of 18 points.
On the East coast the Magics face LeBron James' Cavaliers after beating my team (Boston Celtics)

It could be the final everyone wants this year with arguably the two best players of the last 10 years going head to head if Koby meets LeBron in the finals!

Yeah, watched the game last night. Watching Carmelo Anthony and Kobe go at it was great. It's going to be a super series and I fully expect it to go to 7 games. I don't like the lakers but I hope they win just so it can be a Kobe-Lebron final.

I saw the Celtics go out on Sun. They were terrible. Never looked like they were going to win it. Allen did his best but Pierce looked tired and Rondo didn't have a good game. Can't see Orlando giving the Cav's much trouble TBH.

The Iceman

Quote from: RMDrive on May 20, 2009, 03:35:37 PM

Yeah, watched the game last night. Watching Carmelo Anthony and Kobe go at it was great. It's going to be a super series and I fully expect it to go to 7 games. I don't like the lakers but I hope they win just so it can be a Kobe-Lebron final.

I saw the Celtics go out on Sun. They were terrible. Never looked like they were going to win it. Allen did his best but Pierce looked tired and Rondo didn't have a good game. Can't see Orlando giving the Cav's much trouble TBH.

I don't know about that - if the Magics play like they did on Sunday it definitely won't be a one sided series - Howard is a beast and if everyone steps up their game they are in with a chance.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

RMDrive

Quote from: The Iceman on May 20, 2009, 05:14:58 PM
Quote from: RMDrive on May 20, 2009, 03:35:37 PM

I don't know about that - if the Magics play like they did on Sunday it definitely won't be a one sided series - Howard is a beast and if everyone steps up their game they are in with a chance.

Howard is brilliant all right but any time I've seen the cav's this year they have looked very very impressive. And Lebron is just amazing.

heganboy

dunno about that- the magic were very close to going out against a weakened celtics team and Howard was pretty quiet towards the end of that series. Cavs to win handy enough I think...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Oraisteach

If we can just nudge Howard about 6 feet away from the basket, we'll be in decent shape, I hope.

J70

It'd be nice to see the Cavs win the whole thing. With his ring attained, LeBron might feel the pull of The Garden and the chance to single-handedly rescue the richest (and one of the shittest) team in the NBA and come to NYC next summer!

Tyrones own

Jaysus that was a great finish to game one...The Magic have set down the marker in relieving Cleveland of home court advantage,
The magic might not be as accurate from the 3 point line but King James might not score 49 again either...Game on!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Carmen Stateside

Great finish indeed, what a start for Orlando! 
Howard is some beast of a cub  :o
If Le Bron can get any help from the rest of his side they should be good enough but Orlando proved with there Game 7 win in Boston that they are no push over.
Both Finals look evenly poised, Denver very unlucky last night thought they the better side throughout but Lakers hung in and took it.

Tyrones own

Le Bron looked to be in a fair bit of pain walking off not to mention dead on his feet....be some pity to lose him to injury at this stage.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Carmen Stateside

Might just be cramp, but in fairness he took soom heavy knocks. 

RMDrive

He confirmed after the game that it was just cramp and that he is not injured. Rashard Lewis was brilliant in the second half. Looks like it could be a good series after all.

They made such a big deal of Howard breaking the shot clock but it wasn't that big of a dunk. The shot clock was just put up badly. It's been shown as one of the top plays of the night  ::)

The Iceman

Quote from: heganboy on May 20, 2009, 05:31:11 PM
dunno about that- the magic were very close to going out against a weakened celtics team and Howard was pretty quiet towards the end of that series. Cavs to win handy enough I think...

Never write off the underdog good sir!