American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Mangini fired.

Falcons Vs Cardinals, think we can beat them, They've had the foot off the pedal for the last few weeks so i think we can do it!
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: thejuice on December 29, 2008, 07:11:36 PM
Mangini fired.

Falcons Vs Cardinals, think we can beat them, They've had the foot off the pedal for the last few weeks so i think we can do it!

Romeo Crennell Cleveland Coach fired

Rod Marinelli   Detroit Lions Coach fired

More to follow ;)

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

heganboy

so where is Cassell going to land?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Minder

Quote from: heganboy on December 29, 2008, 09:02:03 PM

A team would need to be careful not to throw Matt Schaub type money at him as he wont have Randy Moss or Wes Welker to throw the ball to.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Minder on December 29, 2008, 09:05:54 PM
Quote from: heganboy on December 29, 2008, 09:02:03 PM

A team would need to be careful not to throw Matt Schaub type money at him as he wont have Randy Moss or Wes Welker to throw the ball to.

"IF" he was to leave New England I would see interest from Seattle, Tampa Bay, Minnesota, Detroit, San Francisco, Cincinnati, New York Jets, Kansas City, Jacksonville and Da Bears.

Team with the biggest need for QB would be NYJ or Cincinnati.

heganboy

saw a news flash that brady may be out for next year too as a follow up for a new knee op.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

FL/MAYO

Quote from: heganboy on December 30, 2008, 01:24:05 PM
saw a news flash that brady may be out for next year too as a follow up for a new knee op.

Ya heard a story about this a month ago from a person that does security at Florida Gator games,  the Patriot owner was down watching the Gators play with special interest in Tebow the Gator Quarterback. The security person knows Kraft from Dolphin stadium,so when he inquired on the reasons for attending the Gator game Kraft told him that Bradys knee was in very bad shape and that he might never return.

ONeill

Another bloody middle of the night game.

Experts seem to give Colts the nod, some predicting them to go the whole way.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteNEW YORK–Matt Ryan is more than the face of the sensational turnaround by the Atlanta Falcons. He also is the best member of a superb rookie crop, earning The Associated Press 2008 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year award Tuesday.

The quarterback from Boston College, selected third overall in April's draft, was a landslide winner in balloting by a nationwide panel of 50 sports writers and broadcasters who cover the league. Ryan became the third quarterback in five years to win the award; before that, no QB ever took the honor.

He joins Ben Roethlisberger (2004) and Vince Young (2006) as top rookie quarterbacks.

Minder

Ryan Clady,the offensive linesman for Denver has been as impressive. Obviously a qb will get more hype and media coverage, Ryan has been impressive but Michael Turner has been a huge help.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on December 29, 2008, 07:35:27 PM
Quote from: thejuice on December 29, 2008, 07:11:36 PM
Mangini fired.

Romeo Crennell Cleveland Coach fired

Rod Marinelli   Detroit Lions Coach fired

More to follow ;)

Mike Shannahan Denver coach fired today  :o, having 7 running backs on IR didn't help  ::)

the Deel Rover

I see that Peyton Manning has been selected as MVP for the 3rd time. What do ye think of that choice? Just wondering what wages would matt ryan be on as a rookie Qb? 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

ONeill

What time would I need to be getting up at to watch the second half tonight?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

magpie seanie

Chargers/Colts game starts at 1am our time. Usually lasts about 3 hours so second half would be starting just after 2.30am I'd guess. Looking forward to all 4 games. You could argue for any of the teams but I'll go for Atlanta, Indianapolis, Miami and Minnesota.

DrinkingHarp

Just announced that LT has a detached groin tendon from the bone :o, they are going to try it out before the game to see if he can cut and run.......doesn't look good for San Diego or LT.