American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: declan85 on December 16, 2008, 03:11:11 PM
Quote from: DrinkingHarp on December 15, 2008, 04:22:55 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on December 15, 2008, 02:58:07 PM
Arizona getting trounced by the Vikes was topped off by the feckin Cowboys beating the Giants to all but end the Bears playoff hopes. I just read the scenarios that need to happen and the most possible is Vikes to lose to Falcons and Giants as well as Bears to beat Green Bay and Houston. Bears have only themselves to blame for losing too many tight games and losing so many leads (are 99-44 ahead in first quarter this season).

magpie seanie just be glad we are not Detroit Lion fans, da bears still have a chance although it is slim.

Good to see im not alone. Was disgusted with that loss to the Falcons...

Lets just hope the Falcons can keep it going by taking the Vikings tomorrow. It would be a sickener to finish10-6 and not make the playoffs after throwing away a few tight games.

magickingdom

spent the last few weeks in new york and i've never heard so much talk about the jets. before this you could live in ny for years and only be vaguely aware the jets existed - say what you want about farve (or broadway bret) he gets people going. the win against the bills was amazing stuff but the game everyone is waiting for is miami when chad pennington comes back to ny. should be one to stay up for as many are convinced that the jets should have stuck with the highly rated pennington... not me broadway bret any day!!

J70

Quote from: magickingdom on December 20, 2008, 09:08:19 PM
spent the last few weeks in new york and i've never heard so much talk about the jets. before this you could live in ny for years and only be vaguely aware the jets existed - say what you want about farve (or broadway bret) he gets people going. the win against the bills was amazing stuff but the game everyone is waiting for is miami when chad pennington comes back to ny. should be one to stay up for as many are convinced that the jets should have stuck with the highly rated pennington... not me broadway bret any day!!

Not sure that that many people were unhappy to see Pennington leave. He was poor last year, eventually being ousted by Clemens, and he wasn't even named starter this season prior to the aquisition of Favre.

The Jets talk seems to have died quite a bit in the past couple of weeks. A month ago, after they beat Tennessee, all the hype was about an NYC superbowl, but the Jets have been poor since, only beating the Bills due to a very fortuitous late touchdown by the defense. The Giants are in a bit of bother too, and look like they're going to be almost completely reliant on Brandon Jacobs, assuming he stays fit, as the passing game just isn't the same with Burress not around to be double-teamed.

ONeill

Make or break for the Chargers today. 2 weeks ago they were dead and buried at 4-8 and Denver on 8-4. At 6-8 and 8-6 they still have a chance and if Chargers win and Broncos lose, they meet next week as a decider.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

thejuice

Anyone know where I can watch NFL in Cork? Here for the weekend and really dont want to miss the games
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

gawa316

Just about to head to the Raiders game. Not expecting much of a performance but can't wait for the tailgate party!!

magickingdom

Quote from: thejuice on December 21, 2008, 01:48:48 PM
Anyone know where I can watch NFL in Cork? Here for the weekend and really dont want to miss the games

most of the pubs will have sky sports 3.. billy morgans is a good one

Shortso79

Titans have beat the steelers

ONeill

Chargers have dealt with the first part of the equation, won 41-24. Denver, however, are 3 up at HT.

Carmen Stateside

Not looking good for the Jets. with the patriots and Dolphins both winning it is crucial they win this one.
Start of 4th
Seattle 10
Jets   3

magickingdom

one more 4th qtr comeback please bret.

ONeill

Denver-Buffalo a real ding-dong.

23-20 to Buffalo now.

ONeill

Carmen Stateside

13 - 3 Seattle game over along with the Jets season. they have to beat the dolphins next week and hope Buffalo beat the Patriots! Cant see it!

ONeill

30-23 - get in there Buffalo