American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

A lot more intersting at the moment!

Carmen Stateside

L:ooks like the Jets are going down today aswell!
>:(

J70

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on December 07, 2008, 11:52:08 PM
L:ooks like the Jets are going down today aswell!
>:(

So much for the Subway Superbowl!

thejuice

Thank God for Tony ROmo, the guy is useless. and he gives us a lifeline by throwing away the game vs the steelers. we're still in with a shout.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

magpie seanie

Great end to the Steelers/Cowboys game. I really like the Steelers this year, think they will be hard beaten.

AZOffaly

I think the Steelers will win the superbowl. Their defence is unreal. The achilles heal is that Big Ben is line a Pinata back in the pocket. He's running for his life.

Dallas are a very hard team to like. They seem to be full of prima donnas apart from the likes of Whitten. Owens throws his toys out of the pram regularly if he isn't getting his 'love' while Tony Romo seems to blame everyone but himself.

What a game that was though, as was the Saints v Falcons. New Orleans should be a better team than they are, but that NFC South must be the best division in the league. It'll be a war tonight between the Panthers and Buccs as well. The season is getting interesting.

But all that is irrelevant compare to the really big news of the weekend. First time since 1975

magpie seanie

Good stuff AZ, you're enjoying this season! Hopefully your Cards keep her lit now and help da Bears out. It's quite possible that Minnesota mightn't win another game this season and still win the division! They have Arizona (8-5), Falcons (8-5) and Giants (11-2) while the Bears have the Saints (7-6), Packers (5-8) and Texans (6-7).

AZOffaly

If the season ends now I'd be happy :D A Division title is small potatoes for the bigger teams, but when it's been so long coming, it's huge for Arizona. The fact that it is the NFC Worst doesn't diminish it to me, especially as the 49ers and Seahawks had decent performances against the AFC East yesterday.

The Cardinals are 5-0 in the Division, and 3-5 out of it. If the Cards cross the Mississippi then they are scuttered, unless Saint Louis MO is east of the Mississippi :D. The 3 non-division wins have been against the Cowboys, the Dolphins and the Bills, which are 3 decent wins, especially since the Bills and Cowboys were going well at the time. The 'gotcha' is that all 3 were at home. Only the Giants have beaten the Cards in Phoenix this year.

The flip side is they have taken heavy beatings from the Jets and Eagles on the road, as well as decent enough performances, but still defeats in Washington and Carolina.

So, at 8-5, and the Vikings, Patriots away (fuggedabatit) and the Seahawks to come, it could be 10-6 or 9-7 season this year, with a home playoff game. After that, the chances are that the Panthers, Buccaneers or Giants will lie in wait on the east coast, which is good night Irene.

DrinkingHarp

Dallas ready to implode?   read on.........

Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:42 pm EST

Jerry Jones is apparently tougher than Marion Barber
By MJD
At the very least, Mr. Jones believes he's in a position to question Marion Barber's toughness. Barber didn't play in Pittsburgh yesterday with calf and pinkie toe injuries, and Jones roundaboutly called him a sissy yesterday. From Star-Telegram.com:

Jones believed Barber's dislocated right pinkie toe was an injury that he could have played with against Pittsburgh. Before the team boarded for its flight to Pittsburgh on Saturday, Jones was stunned Barber did not make the trip.

After not practicing all week and with an additional sore calf, Barber felt he couldn't play. Jones said Barber could have taped and braced the toe well enough to allow him to play.

"He can play with that injured toe," Jones said. "He can play with the soreness and a combination of those things. I see nothing that led us to believe he couldn't."

That's a fantastic way to alienate a running back. I'd love to be there when Jones calls Barber into his office and says, "Awww, does him him a wittle pinkie toe boo-boo?"

I think it's usually best to tread lightly where another man's injury is concerned, especially for a guy like Barber, whose toughness, to my knowledge, has never been up for debate before. I'm sure Mr. Jones is frustrated after the loss, but unless he's dealt with the exact same injuries and performed the exact same tasks he's asking someone else to perform, it's probably not wise to call that guy a wuss.

I wouldn't count on that Barber/Cowboys relationship lasting a whole lot longer. If Jones thinks Barber's a sissy, and is willing to publicly insult him about it, I can't see him making Barber a cornerstone of the franchise, either. And I can't see Barber wanting to play for a guy who thinks he's Charmin-soft
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

magpie seanie

Not the way to be doing things in public alright though I'd probably think Jones has a point. Finger and toe injuries might be sore but I'd think you could play with them most of the time. Should never of course run down part of the team in public - that's for behind closed doors.

mattockranger

came across this campaign!! shows how desperate the knicks are to get a franchise player

hilarious!

http://nycforlebron.com/
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

heganboy

I think its fair to say that the knicks are just desparate...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

the Deel Rover

any of ye watch the tampa carolina game on monday night good game can't think of his name but the tampa bay receiver ( i think) made some  one handed catch for a td, can any of ye boys post a clip of it 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001