American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gawa316 on January 03, 2023, 03:09:35 AM
He's in a critical condition in hospital. Watching it was just awful to see
Of course the MAGA anti-vax ghouls were out in force. It always amazes me how un-Christian these GOP Christians are.

Gmac

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 03, 2023, 01:26:50 PM
Of course the MAGA anti-vax ghouls were out in force. It always amazes me how un-Christian these GOP Christians are.
silly comment, hopefully the guy is ok

Capt Pat

Very sad what happened to Hamlin. Hopefully he will be ok like Erikson.

Cunny Funt

Yes seen on social media this morning certainly deluded and deranged individuals blaming the collapse on taking the vaccine. Wishing Hamlin a speedy recovery.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on January 03, 2023, 02:45:24 PM

It's not a silly comment.

Those filth are out there, trying to scare people with baseless, conspiracy theory nonsense.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on January 04, 2023, 01:24:40 AM

Those filth are out there, trying to scare people with baseless, conspiracy theory nonsense.
I was checking twitter for updates on the player and didn't see one thing about vaccines, if you go looking for it you will find it , concentrate on the player's health .

oakleaflad

Quote from: Gmac on January 04, 2023, 01:59:12 AM
Quote from: J70 on January 04, 2023, 01:24:40 AM

I was checking twitter for updates on the player and didn't see one thing about vaccines, if you go looking for it you will find it , concentrate on the player's health .
I've seen lots of it and haven't been looking for it. It's absolutely disgusting and the original comment wasn't silly at all.

Taylor

Have also seen lots of anti vax comments.

But then that is what the US seems to be like - every single event is used to point score for either side (even worse than here in the North)

Wildweasel74

Hundreds of vaccine comments, in relation to the hit online. Pathetic, so I don't know what news feeds u check Gmac.

Gmac

people like to wind up other people ! Who knew
Anti Covid vax

dec

https://apnews.com/article/kansas-city-chiefs-buffalo-bills-cincinnati-bengals-sports-nfl-football-0aaf8589e7bc364a6625b19eb48f3233?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=TopNews&utm_campaign=position_03

AP sources: NFL will not resume Bills-Bengals game

The NFL will not resume the Bills-Bengals game that was suspended Monday night after Buffalo safety Damar Hamlin collapsed and went into cardiac arrest on the field, two people familiar with the decision told The Associated Press on Thursday. Both people spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because the league is still figuring out how to determine playoff seedings and scheduling. The NFL Players Association must approve changes. Hamlin has shown what physicians treating him are calling "remarkable improvement over the past 24 hours," the team announced Thursday, three days after the 24-year-old player had to be resuscitated on the field.

The Bills-Bengals game had major playoff implications. Buffalo (12-3) entered Monday night needing a win to maintain the AFC's No. 1 seed. The Kansas City Chiefs (13-3) now hold that spot. The Bengals (11-4) had a chance to earn that top seed with two more wins and a loss by the Chiefs. The league is considering various scenarios. A decision is expected no later than Friday. Seedings could be determined by winning percentage. In that case, the Chiefs would remain in the top spot with a victory over the Las Vegas Raiders on Saturday. The Bills lost a thrilling overtime game at Kansas City in the divisional round last year. They beat the Chiefs 24-20 in Kansas City in October to earn a tiebreaker advantage for the No. 1 seed and home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Adding an eighth playoff team to the field in both conferences and giving the top two teams a first-round bye is perhaps the most intriguing among the many possibilities. The Pittsburgh Steelers (8-8) are among the teams that would be impacted by an additional playoff team. The Steelers must beat Cleveland on Sunday and need losses by Miami and New England to clinch a playoff spot that seemed unlikely when they began the season 2-6. Adding an eighth playoff team would give Pittsburgh a little more wiggle room to reach the postseason for the third straight year. "That works for us," Steelers inside linebacker Myles Jack said. "That would be good. To get another chance to get up in there so it increases our odds. I'm all for it. That's up to them. That'd be pretty cool."

Capt Pat

Seahawks on top aggainst 49ers after getting off to a slow srart. An upset could be on the cards.

thewobbler

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 14, 2023, 10:49:13 PM
Seahawks on top aggainst 49ers after getting off to a slow srart. An upset could be on the cards.

All credit to the Hawks for going at it and making it entertaining.  But they're out of their depth here.

gallsman

Absolutely cataclysmic loss from the Chargers. Staley surely has to go after that.

thewobbler

Quote from: gallsman on January 15, 2023, 08:56:13 AM
Absolutely cataclysmic loss from the Chargers. Staley surely has to go after that.
went to bed after Q1. There was only one winner then and it wasn't the Jags.Lawrence was playing like someone who's never seen the game before. I'd assume that it among the greatest comebacks on playoff history.