American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

The "worst team in the league two years ago" bit, while true, is clearly a red herring. Klay was out, Steph played 5 games. If they kept the big three together and they were healthy, they were always going to be there or thereabouts. Now with Wiseman, Kuminga and Poole, they could be around for a few years yet.

The Wiggins trade has been a masterstroke alright.

gawa316

After a bad first 3 mins, Warriors never really had to get out of second gear. Hit their shots when they needed to but thought their defence was amazing.

Agree on Wiggin's, he's like a better Harrison Barnes. They have the perfect mix right now. The big 3, young guns like Poole, Wismen and Kuminga. Role players like GP2 and Looney. If they can kept that gang together they have a chance next year. I'm just glad the Mav's beat the Suns in the western semis.

Lots of ifs and buts...but the 4 from 6 could've really been 6. Draymond getting suspended for game 6 was it? Cost them dearly and then the brutal injuries to Klay and KD

Gmac

Quote from: gawa316 on June 17, 2022, 02:51:25 PM
After a bad first 3 mins, Warriors never really had to get out of second gear. Hit their shots when they needed to but thought their defence was amazing.

Agree on Wiggin's, he's like a better Harrison Barnes. They have the perfect mix right now. The big 3, young guns like Poole, Wismen and Kuminga. Role players like GP2 and Looney. If they can kept that gang together they have a chance next year. I'm just glad the Mav's beat the Suns in the western semis.

Lots of ifs and buts...but the 4 from 6 could've really been 6. Draymond getting suspended for game 6 was it? Cost them dearly and then the brutal injuries to Klay and KD
last Friday night broke the Celtics a game they looked like winning all along and would have put them up 3-1 and in drivers seat in series , curry wasn't going to let it happen and with help from Poole , draymond and Wiggins as well as looney rebounding ended up winning easy . Curry is something else.

dec

Anyone going over for the Giants/Packers game in London this week? In baseball news Aaron Judge finally made it to 62 home runs.

An Watcher

Do many actually do this? I've a bit if interest in the American football but would never really consider going over to a game.  Would much rather attend a GAA, soccer or rugby game.  Each to their own though.

stiffler

Quote from: An Watcher on October 05, 2022, 03:26:14 PM
Do many actually do this? I've a bit if interest in the American football but would never really consider going over to a game.  Would much rather attend a GAA, soccer or rugby game.  Each to their own though.

Went to an eagles game a few wks ago, wasn't a big fan of nfl before hand but thought it was a great spectacle to see in person. The Americans do the thing 100%.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Gmac

Quote from: stiffler on October 05, 2022, 06:20:03 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on October 05, 2022, 03:26:14 PM

Went to an eagles game a few wks ago, wasn't a big fan of nfl before hand but thought it was a great spectacle to see in person. The Americans do the thing 100%.
a lot of Americans are not big pub goers so the nfl game is a day out for them and the tailgate food and beer is often the highlight of game day , game itself is boring enough in person with lots of stoppages for tv but the few beers before hand definitely help the atmosphere.

dec

My American brother in law is in Ireland for a year. Does anyone know what the legal way to watch the baseball playoffs is?

David McKeown

Quote from: dec on October 07, 2022, 10:57:29 PM
My American brother in law is in Ireland for a year. Does anyone know what the legal way to watch the baseball playoffs is?

Sky had live baseball the other night. I'd assume they had the rights
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

markl121

Quote from: David McKeown on October 07, 2022, 11:02:17 PM

im watching it right now on bt

David McKeown

Quote from: markl121 on October 07, 2022, 11:58:06 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on October 07, 2022, 11:02:17 PM

im watching it right now on bt

Actually it might have been BT I was watching on the sky box. Sorry
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

screenexile

BT Sports 3... just watch the Blue Jays get their asses handed to them 🤦🏼‍♂️

dec

He is in galway. Is BT available in the south.

markl121

This game tonight is mental. Seattle were 7 down

screenexile

Quote from: markl121 on October 09, 2022, 01:09:02 AM
This game tonight is mental. Seattle were 7 down

I don't watch much baseball but the last innings from the Jays was all very soulless there seemed to be no emphasis on the importance of getting a score nobody talking or geeing the batters up?

Maybe that's how baseball is but found it strange. Ruthless too they're not long pulling a pitcher after a hit or 2!!