American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: Therealdonald on January 08, 2018, 04:48:57 AM
Quote from: screenexile on January 08, 2018, 01:09:44 AM
Just watched DJ almost get a 433 yard hole in one... Obscene!!!

He walked after saying "I caught it thin" LOL. He's da man

That shot was ridiculous, it is great to see him thriving, he seems like such a good lad, the missus however is said to be a bombscare down Jupiter way.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Therealdonald

Quote from: stew on January 08, 2018, 09:55:04 AM
Quote from: Therealdonald on January 08, 2018, 04:48:57 AM
Quote from: screenexile on January 08, 2018, 01:09:44 AM
Just watched DJ almost get a 433 yard hole in one... Obscene!!!

He walked after saying "I caught it thin" LOL. He's da man

That shot was ridiculous, it is great to see him thriving, he seems like such a good lad, the missus however is said to be a bombscare down Jupiter way.

For any of you social media gurus, Paulina is certainly worth a follow on instagram,...bombscare or not

AZOffaly

Gabriel_Hurl

She is Wayne's daughter yes

Quote@ChicagoBears

We have officially named Chiefs offensive coordinator Matt Nagy as our new head coach.

Welcome to Chicago, #HeadCoachNagy.

Syferus

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 08, 2018, 05:16:19 PM

Quote@ChicagoBears

We have officially named Chiefs offensive coordinator Matt Nagy as our new head coach.

Weird choice. The Chiefs' offense has been haywire this year, mainly due to poor play-calling by the looks of things. Nagy chose not to rely on his star back when well up in the second half and run the game down. Chicago could be in for more mediocrity to add to the last 30 years of it.

magpie seanie

I have to agree with you and especially on KC's play calling. They also underused Kelce at crucial times his season. That said, Alex Smith looked amazing for a lot of the season and he's a pretty average QB.

I can only hope Fangio is being kept to run the defence.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on January 08, 2018, 05:36:52 PM

Quote@ChicagoBears

Weird choice. The Chiefs' offense has been haywire this year, mainly due to poor play-calling by the looks of things. Nagy chose not to rely on his star back when well up in the second half and run the game down. Chicago could be in for more mediocrity to add to the last 30 years of it.

Was that Nagy or Reid though? I know Reid handed over play calling, but that looked very Reid like.

Clov

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 08, 2018, 05:54:14 PM
I have to agree with you and especially on KC's play calling. They also underused Kelce at crucial times his season. That said, Alex Smith looked amazing for a lot of the season and he's a pretty average QB.

I wouldn't be too worried about Nagy's playcalling in KC - he was only calling the plays for the final 4 regular season games in which they went 4-0 (Andy Reid called the plays the rest of the year). Despite being somewhat erratic on offense KC did look like the best offense in football for stretches this year which bodes well.

Fangio is a great DC - the best San Fran has had in the last 20 years imo. I was disappointed to see him leave. Chicago would do well to keep him.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

Minder

Yeah i think Nagy will be an excellent hire for Bears & should help Trubisky
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Crete Boom

Quote from: Syferus on January 08, 2018, 05:36:52 PM

Quote@ChicagoBears

Andy Reid was calling the plays for the game on Saturday though not Nagy!
Also when Nagy took over the play calling for the last 4 games of the regular season the Chiefs went 3-1 , averaged 29 points per game , averaged 421 yards offence per game and Alex Smith had 101 QB rating which is pretty good in fairness!!
Personally I would have given Fangio the head coach gig but I'm interested to see how Nagy goes over the next couple of seasons!

Crete Boom

Quote from: Clov on January 08, 2018, 06:11:00 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 08, 2018, 05:54:14 PM

I wouldn't be too worried about Nagy's playcalling in KC - he was only calling the plays for the final 4 regular season games in which they went 4-0 (Andy Reid called the plays the rest of the year). Despite being somewhat erratic on offense KC did look like the best offense in football for stretches this year which bodes well.

Fangio is a great DC - the best San Fran has had in the last 20 years imo. I was disappointed to see him leave. Chicago would do well to keep him.

The word going coming out at the moment is Nagy wants Fangio as his DC but whether he wants to stay after being passed over for the head coach gig is another question??
I would be delighted if Pace can get Fangio to stay on.

Therealdonald

Georgia Alabama tonight boys...what we thinking?

magpie seanie

Glad to see some of the comments suggesting Andy Reid might be more at fault for stupid play calling than Nagy. That's good.

Would be a disaster for da Bears if Fangio left. He has really made that defence into a proper Bears D again.

Therealdonald

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 08, 2018, 07:37:33 PM
Glad to see some of the comments suggesting Andy Reid might be more at fault for stupid play calling than Nagy. That's good.

Would be a disaster for da Bears if Fangio left. He has really made that defence into a proper Bears D again.

KC play calls the other night were typical of Andy Reid in the Playoffs, get a lead and then DON'T lean on your stud RB. Not convinced about Nagy though.  Anyone see McDaniels anywhere else next year?

magpie seanie

Wasn't McDaniels rubbish as a head coach somewhere?