American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

Devastating for the Raiders. First winning season since 2002 and Carr breaks his leg the first time he gets hit in the game.

stew

Beware the pack if they get in, AR is easily the best in the league when on form and he is a solutely flying now.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

AZOffaly

Quote from: stew on December 26, 2016, 08:55:18 AM
Beware the pack if they get in, AR is easily the best in the league when on form and he is a solutely flying now.
Easily Stew? I'd say Brady might disagree.

oakleaflad

gawa316

Quote from: tyroneman on December 26, 2016, 05:46:19 AM
Devastating for the Raiders. First winning season since 2002 and Carr breaks his leg the first time he gets hit in the game.

Out for 6-8 weeks.

McGloin to step up???

tyroneman

Quote from: gawa316 on December 26, 2016, 05:58:00 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on December 26, 2016, 05:46:19 AM

Out for 6-8 weeks.

McGloin to step up???

Gonna be tough. McGloin is a career back up. He's Confident (he made 2 clutch throws when he came in v Colts) but Carr is streets ahead with better accuracy and a stronger arm plus the 'x' factor.

Have to rely on run and D from here.

stew

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 26, 2016, 10:32:35 AM
Quote from: stew on December 26, 2016, 08:55:18 AM
Easily Stew? I'd say Brady might disagree.

I love both teams and lived in both areas but right now I would take AR even over Brady.

maigheo

Jasus Stew I think you are the only person in the USA who would do that.T.B every day of the week and twice on sunday

stew

Quote from: maigheo on December 28, 2016, 12:30:10 AM
Jasus Stew I think you are the only person in the USA who would do that.T.B every day of the week and twice on sunday

Age might be a concern for some!

Syferus

Rodgers is a more complete player. Sneaky athletic and his rushing stats support that. Brady while great has a weaker arm than Rodgers too. I think physically Rodgers is in another class but Brady makes up for most of it with his preparation and mind. Rodgers' career stat line is mind blowing, Madden numbers.

Peak Rodgers > Peak Brady.

stew

Quote from: Syferus on December 28, 2016, 01:46:09 AM
Rodgers is a more complete player. Sneaky athletic and his rushing stats support that. Brady while great has a weaker arm than Rodgers too. I think physically Rodgers is in another class but Brady makes up for most of it with his preparation and mind. Rodgers' career stat line is mind blowing, Madden numbers.

Peak Rodgers > Peak Brady.

Rodgers would have five or six w/o s if he was with the Pats and had Belichek as his coach, MCCarthy is useless as a play caller and a lot of packet fans wanted him gone years ago.

Minder

Yis are probably bored of me on this subject

But........

Rodgers has 36 TD 7 INT with *no* running game, Rodgers was in the running to be the top rusher ffs before Montgomerys big game v the Bears

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Syferus

Clemson crushed Ohio State last night while Bama spotted Washington a TD and then preceded to smother them. Probably the best defense college football has ever seen.

Clemson has improved to become the team their preseason hype said they were but their season nearly began with a loss to Auburn and it's probably going to end with a loss to Alabama.

David McKeown

Quote from: David McKeown on October 22, 2016, 12:12:39 AM
Saw a remarkable stat before last night's game that Rodgers had the worst completion percentage of any QB in the NFL (minimum 10 attempts) over the previous 16 regular season games.  Quite a long run of poor form from an exceptional player

It's bizarre that pretty much since this stat Rodgers has played lights out football. As great as he is though I'd still take Brady in his prime (just).
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

cadhlancian

Hard to listen to some of the dung being spouted on here...
Rodgers has won THREE f**king playoff games from the super bowl season in 2010... 3!
Of course he's playing well now, no disputing that, but to even put him in the same sentence as Brady is absurd..