American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

If all that happens it will be Clemson, Washington, Alabama and Michigan/OSU. Or the SEC champions if it is not Alabama.Auburn needs to win the SEC and if they do they will surely be in. Then the committee will be hoping Michigan wins out so they can say no to Alabama. Remember the criteria. If you are not a conference champion you must be unequivocal better than a conference champ.

Oraisteach

Stunning upsets in college football today: #2 Clemson loses to unranked Pitt; #3 Michigan loses to unranked Iowa; #4 Washington loses to #25 USC; Auburn loses to Georgia.  Michigan defeat does not help the Buckeyes' chances.

heganboy

crimson tide were really pushed to the limit...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

AZOffaly

Carnage. Alabama look a mile ahead but the rest of the top 4 May as well be a lottery. I'd say Ohio State, Oklahoma and until Satursay Auburn were playing best. You might have a 2 or 3 loss team in there easily. If Auburn beat Bama will they be in with 3 losses, especially if Clemson doesn't look really strong in the last few weeks. What about Louisville?

Ball Hopper

I see the USA soccer team has two losses since Trump won the election...and they playing for a trip to Russia. 

Coincidence, or Policy?

stew

Quote from: Ball Hopper on November 16, 2016, 05:50:13 AM
I see the USA soccer team has two losses since Trump won the election...and they playing for a trip to Russia. 

If you were a tank would you want to play football,in Russia?Damned if I would!?

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 13, 2016, 10:29:31 AM
Carnage. Alabama look a mile ahead but the rest of the top 4 May as well be a lottery. I'd say Ohio State, Oklahoma and until Satursay Auburn were playing best. You might have a 2 or 3 loss team in there easily. If Auburn beat Bama will they be in with 3 losses, especially if Clemson doesn't look really strong in the last few weeks. What about Louisville?

Louisville are banjoed after last night and maybe Lamar Jackson's Heisman hopes too. Thought it was a difficult one for them and they might struggle but didn't expect them to be hammered.

gawa316

Had to turn down a ticket to USC v Notre Dame next weekend...gutted!!

stew

The pack might have one of the worst head coaches in the league, he is going to get fired if they finish .500 or below, in my opinion he should have been gone years ago, pure shite.

magpie seanie

Quote from: stew on November 18, 2016, 04:07:21 PM
The pack might have one of the worst head coaches in the league, he is going to get fired if they finish .500 or below, in my opinion he should have been gone years ago, pure shite.

I'm amazed by this. I understood he was a genius a couple of years ago.

They've no run game, a terrible defence and a suspect o-line. Besides that they're grand. It must be the worst NFC North in history though. I still think they'll win the division but mainly because the other teams are bad. Bears are bad (and have been unlucky with injuries, especially Hoyer who was a huge upgrade on sulky pants) but could easily have a couple of more wins on the board and be in the mix!

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 18, 2016, 05:18:15 PM
Quote from: stew on November 18, 2016, 04:07:21 PM

I'm amazed by this. I understood he was a genius a couple of years ago.

They've no run game, a terrible defence and a suspect o-line. Besides that they're grand. It must be the worst NFC North in history though. I still think they'll win the division but mainly because the other teams are bad. Bears are bad (and have been unlucky with injuries, especially Hoyer who was a huge upgrade on sulky pants) but could easily have a couple of more wins on the board and be in the mix!

We have a mutual friend, he owns a brewery and the best eating house in the city, McCarthy is a decent man and he married a girl from just outside the city but coaching wise I believe he has hurt the Packers and Rodgers in particular due to his ineptitude at play calling and game management, just an opinion.

Ball Hopper

Jurgen Klinsmann fired as US national team soccer coach.

stew

Quote from: Ball Hopper on November 21, 2016, 09:56:14 PM

Good, the worlds first and worst serial diver, when I was doing my badges in Wisconsin they referred to him constantly in revered tones, he addressed us all at a licensing course and I refused to meet him, brilliant footballer but horrible role model and in my belief wa
s horrendous for the US development wise.

I hope he takes root in the German set up again, he could oversee  Botswana and underachieve!

muppet

Quote from: Ball Hopper on November 21, 2016, 09:56:14 PM

That's the start of it.

Wonder when Brextain fires all those foreign managers.  :D
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Pity Auburn lost the Deep South rivalry against Georgia but it was always a real possibility. Alabama the best in the nation by a distance.. no chance War Eagle comes to Tuscaloosa and sends the playoffs into chaos? Yeah, right..

Iron Bowl and 'The Game' the best matchups going on rivalry Saturday. Can Penn State break into the top four?