American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

The Cardinals cut the long snapper. Harsh business is pro football. Tough learning for a rookie.

Hound

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 28, 2016, 10:52:24 AM
The Cardinals cut the long snapper. Harsh business is pro football. Tough learning for a rookie.
I'm not keen on the punter either!

AZOffaly

Punter is out injured :) They're auditioning for punters now. The punter will stay on the roster to do the holding duties, so I guess he's now a 'holder' :) Nice work if you can get it :)

gallsman

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 28, 2016, 05:30:32 PM
Punter is out injured :) They're auditioning for punters now. The punter will stay on the roster to do the holding duties, so I guess he's now a 'holder' :) Nice work if you can get it :)

I watched the incident with the TD return live. Commentator had called out seconds beforehand that long snapper had had issues and that holder was lame. Feel a bit guilty but it was hilarious to see the punter/holder trying to hobble and limp after the ball while some 300lb lineman chased after him.

AZOffaly

Quote from: gallsman on September 28, 2016, 05:38:48 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 28, 2016, 05:30:32 PM

I watched the incident with the TD return live. Commentator had called out seconds beforehand that long snapper had had issues and that holder was lame. Feel a bit guilty but it was hilarious to see the punter/holder trying to hobble and limp after the ball while some 300lb lineman chased after him.

I saw it live too. I didn't find it hilarious though :) The kicker could have done a better job of reacting and falling on it I thought.

stew

The Packers are the cream of the crop, the queens are good but are chokers so no problem there.

Pats v Pack super bowl with the pack prevailing, either way is good for me. )
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

magpie seanie

Packers hit and miss so far to be honest Stew. There were some good signs the last day in the first half but Rodgers not putting up big stats by his own standards. I've said it for a long time - they need to be more pragmatic on offense and not be so arrogant to stick totally to their precision offense. It won't always work. Their defense is ordinary too. In a stacked NFC it's a brave call to see them making the SB, though losing the division to Minnesota might actually help. The Pack will be better if they don't have to play in Green Bay in January.

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 29, 2016, 11:16:50 PM
Packers hit and miss so far to be honest Stew. There were some good signs the last day in the first half but Rodgers not putting up big stats by his own standards. I've said it for a long time - they need to be more pragmatic on offense and not be so arrogant to stick totally to their precision offense. It won't always work. Their defense is ordinary too. In a stacked NFC it's a brave call to see them making the SB, though losing the division to Minnesota might actually help. The Pack will be better if they don't have to play in Green Bay in January.

Think the Pack will also come up short, don't trust McCarthy and don't think the D is up to it either. No outstanding team in the NFC, or AFC for that matter so you never know but I can't see it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

magpie seanie

Yeah no standout team but lots of good teams who will be hard to beat. Minnesota are interesting, especially if the purple Jesus is back for the playoffs.

gallsman

Quote from: Minder on September 29, 2016, 11:51:08 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on September 29, 2016, 11:16:50 PM

Think the Pack will also come up short, don't trust McCarthy and don't think the D is up to it either. No outstanding team in the NFC, or AFC for that matter so you never know but I can't see it.

Add Gronk and Brady to the 3-0 Pats and you might have one though.

AZOffaly

That looks like season over for the Cards, barring a Lazarus like comeback. Just flat all over the field, and I blame their preseason bullshit about a superbowl. They haven't been angry or desperate all year. 1-3 now, and with injuries last night to Chris Johnson, Tyvon Branch (both looked to be groins), Carson Palmer (concussion), Deon Buchanan (looked Concussion as well) and Darren Fells, (collar bone) all ahead of a Thursday night game in San Francisco... not good. This could be 1-4 really quick, and it's hard to come back from that in the NFC West. Very disappointing, but at least it means I can enjoy the rest of the season's football without being nervous for the Cardinals. A wasted opportunity.

Asal Mor

And the Rams are 3-1 after losing 28-0 to the 49ers in the season opener! Jeff Fisher was becoming a bit of a laughing stock after that one and his Hard Knocks rant "We are not going 7-9". He'll be feeling very pleased with himself now.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Asal Mor on October 03, 2016, 09:39:19 AM
And the Rams are 3-1 after losing 28-0 to the 49ers in the season opener! Jeff Fisher was becoming a bit of a laughing stock after that one and his Hard Knocks rant "We are not going 7-9". He'll be feeling very pleased with himself now.

I think the Rams will end up 7-9 or 8-8. They are not especially good. I think teams will figure them out.

tyroneman

Raiders 3-1 having been very inconsistent on either side of the ball. If they could get O & D motoring at the same time......

Oraisteach

Indians beat Red Sox 5-4 in Game 1 of American League Divisional Series
Indians beat Red Sox 6-0 in Game 2 of the ALDS