American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muck Savage

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 20, 2016, 04:40:18 PM
his buddy Skip isn't too far behind - if not worse

Two of the biggest dicks on sports TV right now over here. I change the channel when either come on.

AZOffaly

Quote from: J70 on June 20, 2016, 06:50:58 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 20, 2016, 04:40:18 PM
his buddy Skip isn't too far behind - if not worse

Aren't they going their separate ways?

Skip left ESPN yesterday I believe. Left/Fired. If you put Bill Simmons lying between them, you'd have a perfect set of male genitalia.

muppet

Quote from: stew on June 20, 2016, 08:54:38 AM
Delighted for the people of Cleveland, they, along with Buffalo are the  longest suffering fans in the states.

LBJ is as good as anyone who ever played the game, his legacy is nailed on and congratulations to the players and organization, fantastic stuff altogether.

I know I posted this before, but Cleveland is a very Irish city. It is twinned with Achill.

Here is one of tens of thousands of reasons why: http://www.johnnykilbane.com/biography.html
MWWSI 2017

gallsman

Intermittent basketballer, frequent sick note and all round hometown hero in Chicago Derrick Rose traded to the Knicks.

J70

The Knicks have been brutal at point guard for years. No one driving at the basket or finding the open man. At least they'll be much better when Rose is fit! Can he defend?

gallsman

Quote from: J70 on June 23, 2016, 12:21:13 PM
The Knicks have been brutal at point guard for years. No one driving at the basket or finding the open man. At least they'll be much better when Rose is fit! Can he defend?

If Rose is fit more like. He can opt out next year too.

Jell 0 Biafra

Typical knicks.  Gave up a decent center on a reasonable contract for a broken down former star player.

gallsman

Good. Holy. Christ. That lineup will be monstrous.

heganboy

ESPN already talking  about whether this is the best starting 5 ever despite not playing a game.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

gallsman

They're dealing Bogut so depends who their "centre" is, if the position even exists for them any more. Draymond could spend even more time there.

I see Doc Rivers gave his god awful son 40 odd million dollars. Joke, that could seriously have actually been part of the reason KD went elsewhere.

Minder

Tim Duncan retires - legend
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Quote from: Minder on July 11, 2016, 03:18:11 PM

Absolutely. One of the very best. At the same time, you wouldn't even notice him. He's everything basketball traditionally hasn't been - quiet, humble, respectful.

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on July 11, 2016, 04:03:30 PM
Quote from: Minder on July 11, 2016, 03:18:11 PM

Absolutely. One of the very best. At the same time, you wouldn't even notice him. He's everything basketball traditionally hasn't been - quiet, humble, respectful.

And no big announcement, or press conference to announce it. Just a statement on the Spurs website
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

I wouldn't be a big nba fan but Tim Duncan has always been my favourite player. A massive performer and just understated.