American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

Muck Savage

Well done Cavs. Lebron was massive
Tough to take seeing two Bay Area teams lose the finals. Lebron was by far the best player in the finals. No question. The height he got up for that block was unreal.

Officiating very suspect. Some of the calls were pretty bad but the thing that got me was the pulling and dragging off the ball. I know it's the finals but GSW trive on fast passes. In a regular season game they are called 9/10 times. I get that it's the finals but just o always thought they let a bit more go where rebounds happen etc. Draymond out for gm 5 was big, tonight proved that. The 'kick' vs OKC was more of a 1 game ban than the lash out at Lebron, they two of them were involved in it and anyone else it's both out or no one.
Anyway. Enjoy it Cleveland.

stew

Delighted for the people of Cleveland, they, along with Buffalo are the  longest suffering fans in the states.

LBJ is as good as anyone who ever played the game, his legacy is nailed on and congratulations to the players and organization, fantastic stuff altogether.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

vertigonights

Warriors bottled it giving up a lead like that, especially after coming back against Okc. Well done Cavs, delighted for them.

Canalman

Take it Cleveland has forgiven him for "The Decision". Prodigal son returns.

Hope they enjoy it . Have taken an interest in the place since reading a book about its sporting woes over the years.

The Iceman

Great game, great series, fantastic result. I thought Irving was the difference last night for the Cavs and Love showed up with some great rebounds and scores - I thought they did better when he was on the court.  Hopefully they can add to the roster for next year!  Was definitely a very emotional game and aftermath - very happy for the city of Cleveland - they deserve it!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

That was one strange finish to a game with such little scoring in the final five minutes. I said after Game 1 the only reason they wouldn't be swept would be because of LeBron and his sheer force of will, but this must be his greatest feat yet. Game 7 triple-double says everything and those blocks were oustanding.

Although I don't rate him as a top tier player, Kyrie has really shone in these later games and deserves a lot of credit. He'll probably be allowed stay after that. Kevin Love (finally) showed up a bit when needed as well. Can't see him surviving there though.

Draymond deserves a mention here too. He was up and down for both the Conference and NBA finals but that was a truly great performance out of him last night. He's a brilliant player.

Cleveland had an awful time in the playoffs last year with injuries and while the Warriors weren't hit quite as badly this year, losing Bogut has really hurt them. If Bogut played, they would have won.

Warriors will be back. They're young and are in a good space cap wise, but make no bones about it, this is an absolute disaster for them. 73-9 means an awful lot less without the title. Barnes will leave for LA and if the rumours about them taking a run at Durant....

In the end though, it's all about LeBron. The man is just an unstoppable freak of nature.

J70

Quote from: Canalman on June 20, 2016, 12:39:29 PM

Hope they enjoy it . Have taken an interest in the place since reading a book about its sporting woes over the years.

They've forgiven him until he takes off for the Lakers or back to the Heat.

gallsman

Quote from: J70 on June 20, 2016, 03:43:17 PM

Nah, he has his championship in Cleveland, so that won't be happening again. If they hadn't won though, he'd have had some very tough decisions to make this year. He still does in his GM role I guess.

J70

Quote from: gallsman on June 20, 2016, 03:51:49 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 20, 2016, 03:43:17 PM

Nah, he has his championship in Cleveland, so that won't be happening again. If they hadn't won though, he'd have had some very tough decisions to make this year. He still does in his GM role I guess.

Stephen A Smith on ESPN reckons LA or Miami is a strong possibility.

No idea how reliable his sources are though. But the rumors have been going for a while now.

AZOffaly

Stephen A Smith is a colossal dick.

Gabriel_Hurl

his buddy Skip isn't too far behind - if not worse

Asal Mor

Cavs locker room celebrations. I'd never seen (Nike) protective champagne goggles before. What could be better than joyous scenes of celebration? Joyous and safe scenes of celebration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJB5ur5MDxM

gallsman

Problem this year is the scale of the cap jump. Everyone will be able to afford EVERYONE.

There was a lot of chat about Kyrie for CP3 when they looked down and out and that LBJ would bring in Melo too. I think Durant will sign a one year extension with OKC but leaving and joining the warriors or Spurs is a very real possibility.

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 20, 2016, 04:40:18 PM
his buddy Skip isn't too far behind - if not worse

Aren't they going their separate ways?