American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

So now the Eagles have traded for the Browns #2 draft pick. Head scratching stuff from the Browns as usual.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

oakleaflad

Quote from: Minder on April 20, 2016, 06:56:08 PM
So now the Eagles have traded for the Browns #2 draft pick. Head scratching stuff from the Browns as usual.
Head scratching stuff from the Eagles I'd say. This years QB's are not worth the picks being given up.

Capt Pat

If RG3 fails again and pick number 2 is a franchise QB, Jackson will be out of a job in Cleveland.

oakleaflad

If RG3 fails again Cleveland will have another high first round pick next year along with the one the Eagles are giving them and plenty more picks to draft another QB.
The 2nd pick being a franchise QB is a very big IF. There are no Andrew Lucks in this draft where you can be confident they will be good franchise QBs.

I think the Browns did the right thing for once.

Minder

Quote from: oakleaflad on April 20, 2016, 07:28:57 PM
If RG3 fails again Cleveland will have another high first round pick next year along with the one the Eagles are giving them and plenty more picks to draft another QB.
The 2nd pick being a franchise QB is a very big IF. There are no Andrew Lucks in this draft where you can be confident they will be good franchise QBs.

I think the Browns did the right thing for once.

I just think there comes a time when you stop "stockpiling draft picks" and pick a QB and build round him. You can't win in the NFL without a QB. It always seems to be about next year with the Browns. They obviously wanted Goff, and when the Rams traded up they weren't interested in Wentz but they haven't exactly been great at evaluating QBs and drafting them, going back to Couch in '99.

magpie seanie

If you have lots of draft picks you can use them in a trade for a proven commodity if you don't trust your judgement in picking a QB at the top of the first round. The Browns need a lot more than a QB. And while you need a QB to win in the NFL you don't have to have a hall of famer. The Browns were decent with Hoyer at the helm not long ago.

Minder

Curry out for at least two weeks

gallsman

Quote from: Minder on April 25, 2016, 08:34:55 PM
Curry out for at least two weeks

They'll most likely still be fine until the conference finals. Clippers might pose them a few difficulties but Griffin isn't close to 100% for them either.

Oraisteach

OK, once again the highlight of the Browns' season--the Draft.  Hope springs eternal once again!

Capt Pat

Goff went number one to the Rams as expected with Wentz going to the Eagles. The cowboys took running back Ezekiel Elliot.

Oraisteach

Wow. Three Buckeyes picked in top ten, and my Browns keep moving down and amassing picks.

Capt Pat

Browns took Corey Coleman at 15, a bit of a reach.

Oraisteach

At least they took a WR this year for a change. Five Buckeyes selected in top 20.

Capt Pat

Miles Jack hasn't been picked yet, down to pick 28.