American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

Unc too big, too strong.
Should be an interesting match up for the final. Unc by 2 is the early spread
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

AZOffaly

One of life's simple pleasures is listening to a radio baseball commentary when it's done by a really good commentator, and one of the best, vin scully, is starting his last season as the Dodgers play by play man. He's an absolute pleasure to listen to. If you get a chance, listen to him before he goes away. I don't even like the Dodgers but I've always loved listening to him. A bit of an American Micheal o muircheartaigh.

Linkbox

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 05, 2016, 12:42:09 AM
One of life's simple pleasures is listening to a radio baseball commentary when it's done by a really good commentator, and one of the best, vin scully, is starting his last season as the Dodgers play by play man. He's an absolute pleasure to listen to. If you get a chance, listen to him before he goes away. I don't even like the Dodgers but I've always loved listening to him. A bit of an American Micheal o muircheartaigh.

Well said.

Carmen Stateside

What a game that was!
big onions everywhere

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Carmen Stateside

Carolina shot was outrageous

heganboy

Epic finish. Straight out of the movies!

Big smooth indeed!
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

gawa316

That Jenkins guy is getting laid tonight

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gawa316 on April 05, 2016, 06:16:17 AM
That Jenkins guy is getting laid tonight
And the next night and the next night. What a finish - the university is only a few miles from our plant in PA so I know a lot of people in the area and it's a fantastic story. Disney movie ending.

Gabriel_Hurl

gallsman

Really inexplicable loss by the Warriors at home to the Timberwolves tonight and have now lost two of their last three at home having won their previous 54.

In order to break the Bulls' record they now need to win all four of their final games, which includes two games against the Spurs, one of them in San Antonio where the Spurs haven't lost all season...

Be very interesting to see of this push for the record hurts the Warriors in the playoffs as they're starting to look very tired.

dferg

No guarantee of first place yet.  If they lose tomorrow against Spurs you would have to fancy them to lose in San Antonio and then the Grizzlies games will get interesting.  A win tomorrow and they have first place and could rest there starters for a good part of the last 3 games.

gallsman

Quote from: dferg on April 06, 2016, 12:51:07 PM
No guarantee of first place yet.  If they lose tomorrow against Spurs you would have to fancy them to lose in San Antonio and then the Grizzlies games will get interesting.  A win tomorrow and they have first place and could rest there starters for a good part of the last 3 games.

Nah, they'll be fine. San Antonio have some tough games as well and Pop won't give a shit able chasing an unlikely first place at expense of health of the team.

dferg

Quote from: gallsman on April 06, 2016, 01:05:15 PM
Quote from: dferg on April 06, 2016, 12:51:07 PM

Nah, they'll be fine. San Antonio have some tough games as well and Pop won't give a shit able chasing an unlikely first place at expense of health of the team.
You are right though they would probably like to win 1 more game just to be sure.  Win 1 game then give the starters some bench time, maybe they can still get the record doing that but if not no big deal.

gawa316

But if they win on Thursday the record is still on, so i can't see them resting anyone. Even if they lose they can tie the record plus I'm sure they will want to try and end the Spurs home record as well. Pop must be loving all this record chasing.

Last nights games was awful. To throw away a 15 point lead is inexcusable against a that team. Saying that if that young Timberwolves team sticks together for the forseable future that have a bright future in front on them