American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Megatron retires.

Also, for the basketball fans, Steph Curry continues to be insane. The OKC game ten days or so ago was incredible.

gawa316

Quote from: gallsman on March 08, 2016, 05:16:46 PM
Megatron retires.

Also, for the basketball fans, Steph Curry continues to be insane. The OKC game ten days or so ago was incredible.

That OKC game was absolutely unbelievable, as too was the loss to the Lakers.

Can't see them beating the Bulls record now, maybe at most they'll tie it, hope I'm wrong.

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 08, 2016, 07:29:00 PM
Quote from: Minder on February 08, 2016, 03:26:37 PM
Further evidence, if it was needed that "QB wins" and SB wins separate players is a nonsense, in my opinion.

Basically if Manning didn't get a second ring his career was a letdown, but now that he had the second ring his career is validated. Even though he was "just a guy" this time. It's too much of a team game, Manning knew the Denver D was so good he changed a passing play to a running play knowing he wasn't getting a first down, just to turn the ball over and let the D stop the Panthers. Can you imagine him thinking like that as a Colt?

He was very fortunate to find himself the QB of a team that has one of the best Defenses in NFL history.

+1

Blatant proof of how bullshit that is and how bullshit the supposed knock on Peyton was/is.

And JJ Watt should have got MVP last season!!!!!

Peyton Manning is a legend and would have been if he had won just the one superbowl, he is one of the best men ever to grace a football field and this from a man that hated the two teams he played for.

You can't buy class and he exuded it, I love the guy and wish him the best going forward.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Declan

The Iceman

i don't think he is - reading a bit much in to it - the old cynical Irish :)
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Declan

QuoteI don't think he is - reading a bit much in to it - the old cynical Irish :)

Cynical moi??? ;) ;) ;)

Asal Mor

Peyton's extremely emotional retirement speech
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFLvoTKCaKs

Very american but honest and moving all the same.

Wildweasel74

Always liked Manning, he be missed, one of the very best!

Hound

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 08, 2016, 10:28:07 PM
But he's a drugs cheat.
I know the Americans don't care, but that doesn't mean NFL fans over here shouldn't care.

Not a fan of Cam Newton, but his tweet has improved my disposition towards him big time.

"You set the bar H1GH, extemely HiGH" is a clear reference to Manning taking Human Growth Hormone. 
He spelt it out twice to ensure those who might have thought it was perhaps an unfortunate mistake would know for sure that it was deliberate.

Gabriel_Hurl

And Brock bolts from the Broncos as well to the Texans in a reported 4 year $72million deal

tyroneman

2 great pick ups by the Raiders (Irvin and Osemele) so far..crossed fingers Sean Smith and Eric Weddle to follow with maybe a chnage of pace RB.......

dec

Quote from: Hound on March 09, 2016, 11:25:18 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 08, 2016, 10:28:07 PM
But he's a drugs cheat.
I know the Americans don't care, but that doesn't mean NFL fans over here shouldn't care.

Not a fan of Cam Newton, but his tweet has improved my disposition towards him big time.

"You set the bar H1GH, extemely HiGH" is a clear reference to Manning taking Human Growth Hormone. 
He spelt it out twice to ensure those who might have thought it was perhaps an unfortunate mistake would know for sure that it was deliberate.

Maybe not. If you look at his twitter feed he uses 1 for I a lot.

https://twitter.com/CameronNewton/status/599715246467592192

try1ng to PERFECT "all" my 1Mperfect1ONS!

Asal Mor

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 09, 2016, 08:33:12 PM
And Brock bolts from the Broncos as well to the Texans in a reported 4 year $72million deal

Dave Dameshek was predicting this would happen in his last podcast. Reckoned Osweiler would have to have a chip on his shoulder about the way he was dropped for a washed-up QB to come in and take the glory. Hard to say how good Osweiler is yet, but with the increased salary cap space available this year, it seems like a good gamble on the Texan's part.

magpie seanie

Personally I think it's complete lunacy by the Texans.

Bears have picked up Trevathan (badly needed) and the Arizona right tackle (name escapes me) to beef up the offensive line. Two top players in areas of great need. Losing Forte was always going to happen. A shame but it's the grubby business end of things. Second only to the great Walter Payton in franchise history in a franchise known for running the ball. Just a super player. He's a great pickup for the Jets.

AZOffaly

Bobby Massie is the Cardinals tackle. Average enough to be honest seanie, but he has size!