American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: screenexile on January 24, 2016, 11:24:15 PM
Quote from: gallsman on January 24, 2016, 11:22:45 PM
Jesus the Pats O-line has been absolutely garbage. They've looked very poor anywhere close to the red zone so scoring and then making the 2pt conversion is some ask.

Should they not have taken the FG in that last drive?? Their defense is playing pretty well and they should have been confident of getting the ball back and another drive for the win.

After field goal, they'd have had longer field to overcome as well. I think you've got to go for it all as one first dorm is enough to end it.

Some finish. Those plays on 4th down really were mental. The TD was appalling to give up but that Denver defence is monstrous.

heganboy

Denver's D were immense.
Deserved it on balance. Brady coming down the last drive was unreal, best ever?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Minder

Broncos should start Osweiler in SuperBowl
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Don't forget Pats were done out of a defensive TD by an early whistle as well. Manning was decent but I wouldn't go as far as "good". Whoever comes out of the NFC will be a heavy favourite.

Also, wtf was Roby doing running that play out?!

Wildweasel74

i wonder how good Brady be in recent years if he hadn't a big TE to throw to, he catches many a ball no other TE would. Wouldn't change with Manning now, the other lad hasn't the experience for a superbowl, a longer throw hardly a recommendation to start him. played well for a while but the 1 pressure game he was in he was very panicked. Not matter anyway panthers have been the strongest team in the NFL all year

Clov

Great game from the Denver D - they got so much pressure just rushing 4.

I think Denver will probably be a slight underdog in the superbowl but their D is probably the single most dominate unit of the remaining teams.

No chance they start Osweiler over Manning.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

Minder

Aye I know they won't but I just think the O is so limited with Manning in there. Mind you that D might be enough to win a SB.

The Pats losing to Miami in week 17 was massive.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

screenexile

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 24, 2016, 11:46:18 PM
i wonder how good Brady be in recent years if he hadn't a big TE to throw to, he catches many a ball no other TE would. Wouldn't change with Manning now, the other lad hasn't the experience for a superbowl, a longer throw hardly a recommendation to start him. played well for a while but the 1 pressure game he was in he was very panicked. Not matter anyway panthers have been the strongest team in the NFL all year

Ah jaysus WW if your granny had balls and all that. Brady is superb and the 4th down play on the last drive was phenomenal. Yes Gronk is phenomenal too but Brady has probably never been roughed up as much ad he was tonight and was still able to cone up with a clutch play when it mattered. The missed extra point was a one in 500 shot and only for it I reckon Pats win as Manning was distinctly average and I don't think he can get it done in the Superbowl.

Their only chance of winning is keeping Cam to around 20 pts but he's in serious form at the minute!

Syferus

heganboy

3 turnovers in one half. Thats brutal so far. Palmer is having a 'mare

screenexile

Quote from: heganboy on January 25, 2016, 01:18:20 AM
3 turnovers in one half. Thats brutal so far. Palmer is having a 'mare

3 turnovers in 3 plays?? Crazy stuff!!

Syferus

Even when Cam does make a mistake Palmer turns around and sends the ball right back to the Panthers.

Blood in the water to say the least.

heganboy

screenexile

The Cam show... Phenomenal stuff can Denver stop him??

Syferus

Quote from: screenexile on January 25, 2016, 02:03:51 AM
The Cam show... Phenomenal stuff can Denver stop him??

Hopefully not.