American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

If Wilson could throw like an elite QB this would be VERY interesting

gallsman

Jesus. That was the 2pt conversion against the Packers from last year all over again.

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on January 17, 2016, 08:47:21 PM
Jesus. That was the 2pt conversion against the Packers from last year all over again.

Yeah Norman replacing Ha Ha Clinton Dix
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

False start from a receiver, delay of game and an illegal formation when desperately chasing the game. That's appalling.

Asal Mor

Been a fantastic weekend's entertainment so far. Would love to see Peyton back to something like his old self tonight(unlikely, I know). It would be one of the great sporting fairytales if he could lead Denver to the title.

Minder

Quote from: Asal Mor on January 17, 2016, 09:38:59 PM
Been a fantastic weekend's entertainment so far. Would love to see Peyton back to something like his old self tonight(unlikely, I know). It would be one of the great sporting fairytales if he could lead Denver to the title.

I just don't think they can win it with him at QB, his arm strength has gone and every D he faces knows it. Mind you the Denver D can give you a chance
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Asal Mor

Quote from: Minder on January 17, 2016, 09:49:51 PM
Quote from: Asal Mor on January 17, 2016, 09:38:59 PM

I just don't think they can win it with him at QB, his arm strength has gone and every D he faces knows it. Mind you the Denver D can give you a chance

Looking decent so far but being let down by some bad drops.

heganboy

Broncos Patriots next week will be great in theory. Other game will be great to watch. Carolina surely ?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Syferus

Last chapter of the Brady-Manning rivalry. No way Manning is back next year.

How many players have won a national title in college, the Heisman, the NFL MVP and a Super Bowl? Cam's two games away from one of the most enviable achievements in American football history. Hopefully the Panters can go all the way.

cadhlancian

Enviable achievement? In whose eyes? I listen to sports talk radio EVERY day of my life here. Not ONCE have I ever heard that mentioned?. Cam Newton has had a great season. He has also been dung for large parts of his NFL career. You sir, are unbelievable...

Syferus

Quote from: cadhlancian on January 18, 2016, 03:08:05 AM
Enviable achievement? In whose eyes? I listen to sports talk radio EVERY day of my life here. Not ONCE have I ever heard that mentioned?. Cam Newton has had a great season. He has also been dung for large parts of his NFL career. You sir, are unbelievable...

https://twitter.com/JohnHayesESPN/status/688882315947302912

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/01/will_cam_newton_join_nfl_mvp_w.html#7

That's just within the last four hours, by the way. Google is your friend.

If you don't think those four are the big four brass rings in american football you're only kidding yourself. Very few win one of them let alone all four.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on January 18, 2016, 02:00:42 AM
Last chapter of the Brady-Manning rivalry. No way Manning is back next year.

How many players have won a national title in college, the Heisman, the NFL MVP and a Super Bowl? Cam's two games away from one of the most enviable achievements in American football history. Hopefully the Panters can go all the way.

Hopefully they can't!

gallsman

Quote from: Syferus on January 18, 2016, 04:34:34 AM
Quote from: cadhlancian on January 18, 2016, 03:08:05 AM

https://twitter.com/JohnHayesESPN/status/688882315947302912

"Has a QB ever won the Heisman, National Championship, NFL MVP & Super Bowl? If not, Cam Newton has a chance to be the most decorated QB ever"

Slightly selective interpretation of "most decorated" there. Given that the two of them are among the four QBs still standing, you'd struggle to name anyone who thinks Cam would be more decorated than Manning or Brady if he wins the Superbowl.

stew

Quote from: Minder on January 17, 2016, 09:48:23 AM
I wonder did a 2pt conversion go through McCarthys mind after the Hail Mary

No, he is a useless play caller, he is spineless and cannot make the big decision, he should be gone or moved into an executive position, he won a Superbowl with the most talented Packer team in decades, so he probably deserves a spot on the board or something!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

AZOffaly

Quote from: stew on January 18, 2016, 02:30:23 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 17, 2016, 09:48:23 AM
I wonder did a 2pt conversion go through McCarthys mind after the Hail Mary

No, he is a useless play caller, he is spineless and cannot make the big decision, he should be gone or moved into an executive position, he won a Superbowl with the most talented Packer team in decades, so he probably deserves a spot on the board or something!

ah that's harsh. I wouldn't say it was a useless, spineless play call. All things considered it was surely the right decision. It crossed my mind because the Cardinals must have been reeling, but in fairness he couldn't have expected the drama in OT to happen. I mean the Packers had Palmer dead to rights, and somehow the DBs left a hall of famer wide open and Palmer threw a pass that most coaches would automatically execute the QB for. It just worked.

I think the Packers were unlucky on Saturday, and were the better team.