American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Is that Gimpy Rodgers, the MVP? :D

I just looked at the Cardinals free agents. Holy Shit. 1-15 here we come.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

AZOffaly

He's a spoilt little shit, but it's not nice to see. I hope he sorts himself out.

J70

Apparently Carroll was trying to pull New England out of the middle to open up things a wee bit for Lynch for third and fourth down and to wind down the clock.

Whatever his reasons, he will take it to his grave. Then again, other big or risky calls that worked got them to that position...

magpie seanie

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 02, 2015, 03:54:59 PM
Is that Gimpy Rodgers, the MVP? :D

I just looked at the Cardinals free agents. Holy Shit. 1-15 here we come.

Aye, the MVP who wasn't even the best Offensive player. Most valuable PR more like.

AZOffaly

See the formations I posted above there? The 4 man wide would have split them out without wasting a down. A play action pass from a tight formation might also have worked like it did before. As you said, he'll think long and hard on that one in the coming months.

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 02, 2015, 05:08:29 PM
See the formations I posted above there? The 4 man wide would have split them out without wasting a down. A play action pass from a tight formation might also have worked like it did before. As you said, he'll think long and hard on that one in the coming months.

Say what you want about the Seahawks but they are probably the most ballsy team when it comes to play calling but that was the one time to keep it simple & run the ball up the gut.

I see an unnamed Seahawk player reckoned Carroll intentionally threw it so Wilson would get the glory as opposed to Lynch  :o
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

magpie seanie

The Lynch issue is a huge one for Seattle. I must admit I doubted him at the start of the season, thought he would regress but if anything he has been even better this year. Time waits for no man though and his productions will fall off a cliff at some stage like it does for all heavy usage RB's. Thing is though - he didn't have the heaviest workload this season.

heganboy

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on February 02, 2015, 03:59:51 PM
Johnny Football has entered rehab

http://deadspin.com/johnny-manziel-is-in-rehab-1683232798
i love that when you click on that link, a video ad for coors plays and you have to wait to get back to the reading...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

cadhlancian

I asked this question a while back. Is Brady the best ever now in that position? I know it's subjective, but in a salary cap era, including free agency, surely he has to be up there? 4 rings , 6 Super Bowls , 9 AFC championship games, and a 3 time SB MVP. And, he ain't done yet, that's a fairly young Pats team, wtf was Rex Ryan thinking??
Terry Bradshaw and Montana also have 4, they also had better personnel around them and no salary cap and no free agency.

J70

Quote from: cadhlancian on February 02, 2015, 05:39:27 PM
I asked this question a while back. Is Brady the best ever now in that position? I know it's subjective, but in a salary cap era, including free agency, surely he has to be up there? 4 rings , 6 Super Bowls , 9 AFC championship games, and a 3 time SB MVP. And, he ain't done yet, that's a fairly young Pats team, wtf was Rex Ryan thinking??
Terry Bradshaw and Montana also have 4, they also had better personnel around them and no salary cap and no free agency.

And to think all the pundits were writing the obituaries for Brady and Belichick back in September after they were hammered by Kansas City.

I can't stand the Patriots, but you have to admire their drive. I thought they were dead and buried last night in the third quarter after the SeaHawks went 10 points up and Brady was intercepted after a period where the pass rush was starting to take its toll on him. But he methodically drove them down the field twice, picking off a succession of short passes out wide to Edelman and Gronkowski and targeting the replacement corner back of Seattle. He was obviously helped by Seattle's injuries, but then they themselves were helped by facing an unfit Aaron Rodgers the last day. And the Patriots have had their problems in Superbowls too. Gronkowski was nowhere near fit when they lost to the Giants in 2012, and the Tyree and Manningham catches that broke their backs in both the Giants losses were as improbable as the one at the end last night which should have been the winning of the game for Seattle.

The Iceman

I'll tell you seattle is a quiet town this morning. Everyone is devasted  - it's like Armagh in 2003. An awful way to lose a superbowl and as was said P.C will carry the play call decisions to the grave. For me the players can still hold their heads high. It was theirs to win and their coaching staff gave it away.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Muck Savage

I've heard a few people saying Belichick should have called a TO with 50sec on the clock, I was screaming at the TV myself. But then the camera showed him on the sideline, and straight away I said he see's something. Carroll said after that the routine was in their playbook, spread them out on one down then run in on next without a TO. These guys review hours of film so I think he knew a throw was coming and had them all jump

AZOffaly

See Warren Sapp was arrested for solicitation in Phoenix after the Super Bowl. Donkey. That's him done on TV I'd say.