American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

I really can't stand the Packers and particularly Rodgers. I look forward to next week.

AZOffaly

Yeah, this may be a trip too far for them. I'm still a bit skeptical about the Seahawks, and Wilson if he's under pressure and you 'contain' him in the pocket. Easier said than done though, and the noise up there will put serious pressure on the Packers offense. Looking like the Seahawks v New England in Arizona to me. I would love it to be the Colts v Packers though :)

Gabriel_Hurl

Maybe these will help seanie

magpie seanie

I see Peyton Manning played last night with a torn quad. How come he wasn't limping about (when he remembered to) or "worrying about the level he can play to" in the media.

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 12, 2015, 11:51:12 AM
Quote from: Minder on January 11, 2015, 08:09:11 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 11, 2015, 07:26:44 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel on January 11, 2015, 01:23:01 AM
Come crunch time Brady again comes up trumps, Strange they didn't waste time with 2 runs on the last set of plays. still think Manning better than him, well Seattle a team i love to hate up next, don't think they have much trouble the nit though, i leave that to green bay cream them
Brady is a crunch time pressure player!!
Running game or lack of will stop their chances IMO

Rodgers needs to up his game in second half v Dallas !

Injury clearly hindering him

Made a miraculous recovery in the second half, even forgot to limp.

So he's faking it in your opinion? Do NFL players actually do this and what's the logic behind it?

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 12, 2015, 11:30:37 AM
Peyton is still a good NFL QB, but he's been underwhelming in the playoffs nearly his whole career. When they got him out of the dome, the likes of New England, Baltimore and Pittsburgh ate him alive because he never had the rocket arm, and the elements combined with playoff defenses were too much for him. That's why I think Brady is a fair bit ahead of Manning as a QB, certainly in the big games.

Peyton Manning, football's Mr October.

(Written before he won a ring, in fairness, but either way it's some insult.)

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 12, 2015, 11:51:12 AM
Quote from: Minder on January 11, 2015, 08:09:11 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 11, 2015, 07:26:44 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel on January 11, 2015, 01:23:01 AM
Come crunch time Brady again comes up trumps, Strange they didn't waste time with 2 runs on the last set of plays. still think Manning better than him, well Seattle a team i love to hate up next, don't think they have much trouble the nit though, i leave that to green bay cream them
Brady is a crunch time pressure player!!
Running game or lack of will stop their chances IMO

Rodgers needs to up his game in second half v Dallas !

Injury clearly hindering him

Made a miraculous recovery in the second half, even forgot to limp.

You seriously think he wasn't injured & a calf tear was invented two weeks ago ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Muck Savage

All eyes set on the National Championship game tonight. I'm going to go for the Ducks as they are the most experienced and the fast temp will wear down Ohio. Ohio have done very well getting here but a lot will depend on how their 3rd string QB reacts to the occasion tonight. Oregon have been knocking on the door the last few years and tonight looks to be there night, going to go for 44-31 to the Ducks.

Oraisteach

O-H   I-O.   Team Ohio vs. Team Nike.  Go BUCKS!

Muck takes the Duck over the Buck.  Good analysis, IMO. If the offensive line does not protect Jones, then it could be a fast night.  Still afraid that in his 3rd start Cardale could be susceptible to picks.  Need to get the running game going to keep the defense off the field.

But . .  . . I had them as underdogs to Michigan State, Wisconsin and Alabama, so you never know.

38-35 Buckeyes, I hope.

Minder

Wildweasel74

Don't know what goes wrong in Denver, got all the personnel and QB, lack of a hard running game to split the field open more is a obviously problem. Manning has been poor down the back straight this year and maybe his neck injury and age is beginning to tell on him, I notice Tom Brady who hasn't been injured as bad is struggling to hit the long one these days too.

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 12, 2015, 11:54:57 AM
Quote from: heganboy on January 11, 2015, 11:53:54 PM
And another call wrong, a fumble was just recovered by Denver.
Officials making the headlines, not what the NFL are looking for, and certainly not the fans

Steroids Mathews and another Packer hit Romo low and late and no penalty flags were thrown. When it happened in the Indy/Denver game the flags came out immediately.

Romo was more banged up than Rodgers and got on with it without the histrionics and played well throughout. Desperately unlucky last night.

Romo had a great season but still takes too many needless sacks, as he did yesterday on two occasions, arguably three.

ballela-angel

"I still think Montana is the best QB ever, so smart, so poised and so cool, but Brady is definitely up there. If he wins another superbowl it would be very easy to say Brady is the best ever, but I just have to stick with Joe"  - I agree with both points, Joe is the best - Brady could be - In my opinion Peyton Manning is a good QB, but not a great one - If he hadn't been playing in a dome stadium for so long, he would not be as elevated in the ratings (or stats) as he is - As a Pat's fan I loved the Brady-to-Edelman-magnificent pass from a college QB-touchdown - Then a spectator in the end-zone with a Vermont license plate reading "PATSWIN"
That awkward moment - Not sure if you do have free time or if you're just forgetting everything!

Syferus

Auburn may not be there but the national title game really has me excited. I enjoy this one more than the Superbowl. So much more passion in college ball, the colour, in the whole journey to tonight. Hopefully it lives up the hype.

cadhlancian

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 12, 2015, 12:06:02 PM
I really can't stand the Packers and particularly Rodgers. I look forward to next week.
Quote from: cadhlancian on January 06, 2015, 04:25:38 AM
No outstanding offensive candidate? 38 TDs, 7 ints, 2 rushing TDs , nearly 4400 pass yards and over 200 rushing yards isn't enough for you? Total rating of over 114. Guys, if Rodgers continues for say another 5 or 6 years at his current rate, he'll own nearly every record in the history of QBs. He has been lights out all year, Seanie , you are a Bears fan. That is why you don't like him. Don't be spouting any other dung about this and that, the fact is you simply don't like cos he's a packer. That's fair enough.

Two QB's threw more TD's.

The INT's stat is impressive (actually only 5), though Nick Foles had a season with a similar INT rate as I pointed out earlier on his thread.

Six QB's threw for more yards (including Matt Ryan and Eli Manning).

Tony Romo had a better QBR (Rodgers was 112.2 according to NFL.com, Romo 113.2).

Six QB's rushed for more yards including Andrew Luck who also had one more rushing TD.

Rodgers had a very good season but I would argue that Luck for example, was a far more valuable player. His stats are better in all categories except INT's and QBR and his team had no running game to speak of. At the very least it's a close call.

As for this rant:

Seanie , you are a Bears fan. That is why you don't like him. Don't be spouting any other dung about this and that, the fact is you simply don't like cos he's a packer. That's fair enough

Grow up!
Alright then so ;D