American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Been some game. Eagles looked like they had taken control but Cowboys replied with two quick touchdowns.  Cowboys lead 35 -27 10 mins to go

Carmen Stateside

Away to bed Cowboys have it sewn up. 11 in it with 3 mins to go.

AZOffaly

Quote from: cadhlancian on December 15, 2014, 01:15:03 AM
1: Pats
2: Packers
3: Seattle
4: Denver
5: Detroit
6: Indianapolis
7: Dallas ( after they win tonight)
8: Steelers
9: Cincinatti
10: Baltimore
This ranking is on each teams prospective SB chances, not their current records . 8)

Now you're doing it on purpose! *If* Seattle beat Arizona and finish 12-4, winning the west, will they have the tiebreaker over the Pack? Because if they do, then they have a better chance than Green Bay.

I see during the week Kurt Warner was tempted to come back when Stanton went down :)

gallsman

I see Darren Sharper was indicted on multiple further rape charges in New Orleans on Friday. Shocking story. You'd think that with all the glory and fame these guys get, they'd have no bother picking up women.

gundy

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 15, 2014, 10:02:16 AM
Quote from: cadhlancian on December 15, 2014, 01:15:03 AM
1: Pats
2: Packers
3: Seattle
4: Denver
5: Detroit
6: Indianapolis
7: Dallas ( after they win tonight)
8: Steelers
9: Cincinatti
10: Baltimore
This ranking is on each teams prospective SB chances, not their current records . 8)

Now you're doing it on purpose! *If* Seattle beat Arizona and finish 12-4, winning the west, will they have the tiebreaker over the Pack? Because if they do, then they have a better chance than Green Bay.

I see during the week Kurt Warner was tempted to come back when Stanton went down :)

Muck Savage

Seattle going to be very hard to beat after tonight's display as much as I dislike them, I have to say it.

AZOffaly

Domination alright, and I won't be quoting cadhlancian back to him. Never going to win with Lindley, and to be fair not with Stanton either. The 4th quarter makes it look bad, but arizona needs to win 16-9 type games with that offense and Seattle are too strong for that.

So probably away to Dallas or the NFC South, and unless Stanton comes back it will be 1 and done. Even with him it will be tough.

Seattle in the box seat for Super Bowl now you'd have to think. Do they hold the tiebreaker over GB/Detroit?

gallsman

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 22, 2014, 06:05:08 AM
Domination alright, and I won't be quoting cadhlancian back to him. Never going to win with Lindley, and to be fair not with Stanton either. The 4th quarter makes it look bad, but arizona needs to win 16-9 type games with that offense and Seattle are too strong for that.

So probably away to Dallas or the NFC South, and unless Stanton comes back it will be 1 and done. Even with him it will be tough.

Seattle in the box seat for Super Bowl now you'd have to think. Do they hold the tiebreaker over GB/Detroit?

Standings in my app says so. They're really starting to motor, they'll surely wrap it up next week. Packers loss in buffalo could be absolutely crucial.

Muck Savage

Stanton will be back next week. They said that during the game although he may get an extra week to recover.
Not sure how Seattle end up with top seed as Dallas beat then, but they did say on the TV last night that Seattle had home field throughout. They are going to be hard beat as I thought the only way they could be beat after last night was in a cold weather stadium like GB that won't happn now.

AZOffaly

Seattle have a better record no? Or maybe better in conference record.

gallsman

Broncos really faltering. Should still secure first round bye but can't see them having a hope of going and winning in Foxborough, if they make it. Some of Manning's picks last night were ugly.

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on December 23, 2014, 09:45:36 AM
Broncos really faltering. Should still secure first round bye but can't see them having a hope of going and winning in Foxborough, if they make it. Some of Manning's picks last night were ugly.

Mannings arm strength is totally gone, he is getting by on intelligence at this stage.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 23, 2014, 02:09:28 AM
Seattle have a better record no? Or maybe better in conference record.

Same record, it's divisional record, head to head then conference record for tie breakers

Dallas 3-2 in division

Seattle 4-1 in division

Looks like head to head is the first tie breaker when it's within the division.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Chargers throwing away a play-off spot here unless the famed last quarter charge happens again.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gallsman

Once again, Watt is a nonsense. All in vain though if Ravens can hold their lead.