American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: cadhlancian on December 08, 2014, 05:13:11 PM
AZ, with due respect , the Chiefs are crap, they beat the Pats 2 months ago, and Seattle were no where close to were they are now. I like Arizona and hope they do well, but they WILL be a wildcard, and be gone in either Atlanta/Philly or Dallas the first Saturday of the playoffs. Sorry
1) Pats
2) Packers
3) Seattle
4) Denver
5) Indianapolis
6) Detoit
7) Dallas
8) Cincinatti
9) Baltimore
10) Pittsburgh
11) Arizona
12 Philadelphia
As of 9.12am San Diego time Monday  8)

The Falcons would be doing well to beat a shopping bag these days.

TabClear

Seattle looking to be hitting form at the right time. Having the defence  back fit is worrying for the rest of the league. Still fancy the Pack though to take them out.They still look a bit light on offense, depend too much on Wilson's athletic ability.

As for the niners, their regression is staggering this year.

Peytons streak of 51 games with a td throw is over, 2 short of Drew Brees all time record.

cadhlancian

Quote from: Syferus on December 08, 2014, 06:33:54 PM
Quote from: cadhlancian on December 08, 2014, 05:13:11 PM
AZ, with due respect , the Chiefs are crap, they beat the Pats 2 months ago, and Seattle were no where close to were they are now. I like Arizona and hope they do well, but they WILL be a wildcard, and be gone in either Atlanta/Philly or Dallas the first Saturday of the playoffs. Sorry
1) Pats
2) Packers
3) Seattle
4) Denver
5) Indianapolis
6) Detoit
7) Dallas
8) Cincinatti
9) Baltimore
10) Pittsburgh
11) Arizona
12 Philadelphia
As of 9.12am San Diego time Monday  8)

The Falcons would be doing well to beat a shopping bag these days.
thats correct. They will probably win the NFC south though, that means a home playoff game against a wildcard. Right now I'd take the Falcons over Arizona at home

AZOffaly

So you are guaranteeing the Cards will be a wildcard? God I hope I rub that in your face in 3 weeks time :) Some patronising crap there by the way. They've beaten the Eagles and Cowboys already this year, so why should they be afraid of them now?

Ara look, I can see why you're saying that, but this team is very resiliant. I said several weeks ago that the injuries and schedule meant I'd be happy with 10-6 or 11-5. If that means a wildcard so be it. But this is a serious defense, and they are as game as anyone left. With an injury/missing list of the likes of Dockett, Palmer, Ellington, Matthieu, Cromartie, Fitzgerald, Washington and a load of others, I think making the playoffs in the NFC West is a brilliant achievement. I think they still need one more win to make sure of that.

*However* if they happen to win in Saint Louis (and I make them the underdog there), then it is very possible that they will take Seattle at home, and win the West. People say they don't know how this team is winning games. It's fairly simple. They win games when they don't allow the opponent to score heavily. Then you just need Stanton to score 20 points or so. That's doable, especially if you can run the ball.  The Cardinals haven't been good enough running the ball to be serious contenders, especially with Palmer out, but if they could just get even 80 yards per game on the ground, Stanton is not terrible, and can make some good throws.

I'm delighted with them this year, and the more people write them off, the happier I get when they continue to find a way to win.

Gabriel_Hurl

Rodgers is just a machine at the minute. He's getting a serious amount of help from his offensive line. There were times last night he had 6, 7 seconds to make a pass

He tied Favre's record after 100 games - both going 68-32 although Rodgers has thrown for 3,000 more yards, 20 more TDs and half as many interceptions.

He has to be bookies favourite for the MVP 

AZOffaly

He has 3 interceptions this year!! 3!!!! Luck has actually more yards and more TDs, but Luck also has 13 ints.

cadhlancian

And Luck has a very average run game , whilst Rodgers has Lacy. Rodgers also has 2elite WR's, Luck has 1. Oh, btw, Luck is in his 3rd year, Rodgers is in his 10th. Both great players IMO

cadhlancian

Sorry to be a p***k AZ, but, the cardinals have as much as chance of beating Seattle in 2 weeks as I have of playing QB for the Pats next week....

TabClear

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 09, 2014, 01:37:20 PM
Rodgers is just a machine at the minute. He's getting a serious amount of help from his offensive line. There were times last night he had 6, 7 seconds to make a pass

He tied Favre's record after 100 games - both going 68-32 although Rodgers has thrown for 3,000 more yards, 20 more TDs and half as many interceptions.

He has to be bookies favourite for the MVP

The Pack on offense were unstoppable for the first half. However, against a decent pass defense if Rogers gets into a shoot out against the likes of Brady or Manning it could be interesting. Green Bay looked very shaky on defense, julio Jones put up massive receiving yards to be playing against the Super Bowl favorites.

Wildweasel74

Still think Denver will win it this year even though other teams are showing better form especially Green bay, If anything Denver have gone all wobbly in the past month for no apparent reason. Think Pittsburgh could also be very dangerous but u don't know which steeler team will turn up on any given day>?

Minder

Quote from: cadhlancian on December 09, 2014, 05:39:57 PM
And Luck has a very average run game , whilst Rodgers has Lacy. Rodgers also has 2elite WR's, Luck has 1. Oh, btw, Luck is in his 3rd year, Rodgers is in his 10th. Both great players IMO

Lacey has been over 100 yds only twice this year, granted he hasn't been over used, averaging 14 carries a game, but Walter Payton he isn't.

As for Nelson & Cobb its a two way street, he gives them the chance to be elite WRs, Before Lacey came along the Packers had zero run game for quite a few years, bar a season or two from Ryan Grant. Rodgers was still putting up brilliant numbers, his touchdown/interception ratio is amazing.

Love watching him play, but have a feeling their D will let them down in the playoffs.

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Quote from: cadhlancian on December 09, 2014, 05:41:39 PM
Sorry to be a p***k AZ, but, the cardinals have as much as chance of beating Seattle in 2 weeks as I have of playing QB for the Pats next week....

With belichik you never know. At least you might get a game at running back. And I really hope I'm quoting those posts back to you in a couple of weeks. 😄

Syferus

Cam involved in a major car accident today. Two back fracture,s,same kind as  Tony Romo had earlier in year. Looking at the results of the accident he's extremely lucky it's not much worse.

AZOffaly

Go Cardinals. A huge win last night by the defense. 12-6 in Saint Louis. And lost another Quarterback. That win guarantees them playoff football I think, as they'll hold all the tiebreakers for the wildcard. It also puts a bit of pressure on the Seahawks against the 49er on Sunday night. Unreal performance by them this year with all the injuries. If they were healthy they'd be genuine superbowl contenders.

Muck Savage

They are in as long as the Eagals Cowboys game does not end in a tie.

Poor luck on a team that has lost its starting QB and RB. Great defense and they will be hard to beat. if they can win one of the last two then they get a home game also. Last two are Seattle and a poor SF team