American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Quote from: Minder on November 28, 2014, 10:18:38 PM
Doubt any team picks him up

Entitled to pick up his guaranteed pay though?

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on November 29, 2014, 11:05:37 AM

Entitled to pick up his guaranteed pay though?

A separate hearing to decide that I think
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Syferus

Iron Bowl time again. Both teams looked off-colour against FCS teams last weekend and it was probably because the focus was squarely on this weekend. Bama are going for the SEC title (which will be against Mizzou, who quietly swept up the SEC East yesterday, all the talk was of Georgia this year but Mizzou have now made back-to-back SEC championship games. No mean feat.) and revenge for the Kick-Six game last year. For Auburn it's just about manoeuvring for a better bowl game.. oh, and the Iron Bowl itself.

Hard to describe how much this game looms over Alabama the entire year, it really is one of the greatest rivalries in American sports. The last five winners have made the BCS title game (with four wins) and were Bama to win no one would bet against that streak continuing. Heard another good stat - Auburn have won the last six Iron Bowls where they've been nationally ranked going into the game. They're No. 15 today.

If it's half as good as the 2011 and 2013 Iron Bowls we're in for a treat.

AZOffaly

I'm hoping for an Auburn win because I dont like Saban. Shocking luck for Ohio State today.

Oraisteach

Rotten luck for the Buckeyes.  Down to our 3rd string QB Cardale Jones.  Especially bad with Miss State losing to Ole Miss and FSU squeaking by once again.  Will be a very tough task against Wisconsin.  Afraid that Gordon will have a field day next week.  Ah, well, hope Auburn can pull an upset against Bama.

Syferus

Christ. Some atmosphere in Bryant-Denny.

Even the first two plays have been box office..

magpie seanie

He was playing shit for a year and a half before he got suspended so no reason for any team to bother with him.

Oraisteach

Auburn doing a good impression of Florida--having to settle for field goals

Oraisteach

Syferus

Cooking up nicely. Auburn got suckered early but they've warmed into the game fully now.

Carmen Stateside

Great first half. Still would be a brave man to call this one

Syferus

F**k me. This game is pure gold.

Carmen Stateside

Sims needs to be more careful with ball.  Auburn has all the momentum at the half.  Great stuff

Carmen Stateside

And another pick. Three interceptions for Sims. Auburn in good position