American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadhlancian

A healthy Murray and a half decent defense is massive for Romo. Before this, for the Cowboys to win games, Romo would have needed 375 yards and 4 scores ! Just look at last years game with the Broncos. Doesn't seem to be under as much pressure, and if they stay healthy they will be a serious threat in the NFC. They are very talented in all the skill positions.

TabClear

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 13, 2014, 05:25:34 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on October 13, 2014, 01:23:13 PM
Sherman only gave up 2 receptions to Bryant I think.

And a couple of PI's but it was a great battle throughout.

DeMarco Murray is an MVP candidate, amazing to equal Jim Brown by having first 6 consecu100+ yard rushing games. It has to be said though his offensive line is probably the best in the NFL right now though. Yesterday was particularly impressive against Seattle's tough run defense. Eventually the pressure told. Cowboys were excellent all round. Their defense was supposed to be crap, even worse than last year, but has looked good so far.

JJ Watt for me has been the stand out so far this year. Obviously history is against him as a defensive player for MVP but he is a force of nature. Indy were doubling and tripling up on him last week and he had sacks, tackles, batted balls everything. He is one of these players that you have no doubt could play anywhere.

The Cowboys did thier best to get out of Seattle with a loss, mainly due to Special Team frailties. That said, it was a complete performance on offense and defense. Roma's throw rolling out for the spectacular williams catch on the sideline at 1&20 is one of the the plays of the year so far.

Oh, and Aaron Rogers....thats why he gets the big bucks! :o :o

Carmen Stateside

Looking forward to Notre Dame Florida St game. Hoping Irish can keep it tight.  Getting 9.5 points.

RealSpiritof98

Can someone explain to me why the seahawks would trade Percy Harvin, man is lights out.

Syferus

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on October 19, 2014, 12:46:28 AM
Can someone explain to me why the seahawks would trade Percy Harvin, man is lights out.

Tell that to his stats and his injury record. Did next to nothing this year despite being healthy. It all made him a huge liability with the big contract they gave him when they traded for him.

And this.. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report--percy-harvin-had-altercations-with-teammates-golden-tate--doug-baldwin-152928699.html

Carmen Stateside

Irish lose thriller on disallowed TD caused by offensive interference.  Thought it was poor call myself, defender clearly is pulling the Notre Dame players jersey.  Winston stepped up and had a great second half.  Irish should still make playoff.  Great game and credit to both sides.

Syferus

It would be a bit of a joke if ND made the play-offs if there are any other one loss SEC teams left besides the conference champions.

The only thing that should save ND is even more carnage in the SEC - FSU and the SEC champs are locks. Big 10/12, PAC-12 champs will be in the mix for the third and fourth spots too.

Only games on ND's schedule that are meaningful are Arizona State and a barely ranked USC.

stringbean

Quote from: Syferus on October 19, 2014, 12:32:42 PM
It would be a bit of a joke if ND made the play-offs if there are any other one loss SEC teams left besides the conference champions.

The only thing that should save ND is even more carnage in the SEC - FSU and the SEC champs are locks. Big 10/12, PAC-12 champs will be in the mix for the fourth spot too.

Only games on ND's schedule that are meaningful are Arizona State and a barely ranked USC.

Can't agree with this Syferus. ND we're beat by umpires call last night (a call that was 50/50), against prob no 1 team in the country in Tallahassee, hardly a reason to discount a team from the playoffs.

Whilst think any 1 loss sec team deserves to be in, think ND deserves a shot as much as the PAC 12 and Big 10/12 champion. Whilst their schedule is easier than was thought at start of year, it's hardly a cakewalk.

Interesting though that ND's independent status might come back to haunt them as playoff committee may prefer to choose 1 loss conference champion over ND

stew

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 13, 2014, 03:58:05 PM
By the way, I was watching the Cardinals - Redskins game on NFL Gamepass and there was old Snyder, the Redskins owner, sitting in a box with the Chief of the Navajo nation, a tribe mainly based in Arizona. In no way political I'm sure. I was just disgusted the Chief was wearing a Redskins cap, as was his wife!
[/quote

Really?

The last remaining veterans who served in world war two that were Navajo
Support the redskins and are disgusted at the political machine driving the
No more redskins brigade.

Why no outrage at that stupid fecking leprechaun at Notre Dame?

Is Notre Dame guilty of racism against the Irish people?

The pc brigade are hypocrites on this issue, double standards and by the way, the windtalker and his wife are lifelong fans of the skins and are proud of the name.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: stringbean on October 19, 2014, 06:38:13 PM

The only thing that should save ND is even more carnage in the SEC - FSU and the SEC champs are locks. Big 10/12, PAC-12 champs will be in the mix for the fourth spot too.

Can't agree with this Syferus. ND we're beat by umpires call last night (a call that was 50/50), against prob no 1 team in the country in Tallahassee, hardly a reason to discount a team from the playoffs.

Whilst think any 1 loss sec team deserves to be in, think ND deserves a shot as much as the PAC 12 and Big 10/12 champion. Whilst their schedule is easier than was thought at start of year, it's hardly a cakewalk.

Interesting though that ND's independent status might come back to haunt them as playoff committee may prefer to choose 1 loss conference champion over ND
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ONeill

Chargers really motoring this year. Rivers and Gates rolling back the years.

Probably scudded them now.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Carmen Stateside

Peyton Manning breaks the record.  The man is a machine and has ripped apart the 49ers so far tonight.

heganboy

the consensus seems to be that they'd need Oregon to lose in order to make the play offs
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

cadhlancian

Shane, before today, the Chargers last 3 opponents were Jacksonville, the jets and the raiders. Absolute dung . They are playing for a wild card, and they have no running game. Teams will soon get wise to Brandon Oliver. 10-6 , gone in the wild card week....