American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 20, 2014, 12:13:47 PM
What's the problem guys? There's a serious amount of trash talking going both ways. Sherman is noted for it but he is not the only one and he usually backs it up. A few moments after the biggest win of his career and he mouths off a bit - so what? Emotions running high. That guy has a chip on his shoulder. He has had to to come from Compton to where he is now.

I guess ye would all prefer him to say how much he admires the 49ers organisation and respects them blah-dee-blah???!!!!!

Two great encounters though Denver should have been more comfortable at the end. Denver's defense stepped up like I expected and 500 yards of offense should have ended up with more points. Hopefully people will can all this "Peyton choking" nonsense - Brady missed a lot of throws last night. In truth I thought Seattle wouldn't do it without Harvin to loosen up the running lanes a little but they that 40 yard TD of Lynch's changed everything. Some defense too obviously. Initial thoughts are that Manning and co will just have too much provided the weather isn't too windy and wet. Really looking forward to it though.

I tuned in about halfway through Q2 having come back from Belfast and Manning had thrown for abut 140. Six plays and six completions later he'd gone past 200 to set up another TD. Losing Talib was massive for the Patriots.

As for Sherman, he's no different to any brash star. Talks a lot of trash, is generally quite entertaining and then goes out and performs. A bit of a pantomime villain. It appeared at the end that the Crabtree incident ignited after he offered a handshake (no idea whether this in itself was mocking or sincere) and Crabtree pushed him away.

Puckoon

He ran up behind him and slapped his ass. That's when Crabtree pushed him away.

J70

Sherman is probably embarrassed this morning. He was much circumspect five minutes later when he'd calmed down and the emotions had subsided..

Fantastic player.

AZOffaly

He's a big unit the hoor. I can't warm to the Seahawks at all though. I'm an NFC guy, but I think I'll be hoping Payton gets #2 on Sunday week. I can't abide the thoughts of Pete Carroll celebrating on the sideline.

gallsman

Quote from: Puckoon on January 20, 2014, 01:37:52 PM
He ran up behind him and slapped his ass. That's when Crabtree pushed him away.

He patted him on the arse and extended his hand for a hanshake - whehther he was mouthing or not at the same time I don't know.

declan85

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 20, 2014, 01:48:22 PM
He's a big unit the hoor. I can't warm to the Seahawks at all though. I'm an NFC guy, but I think I'll be hoping Payton gets #2 on Sunday week. I can't abide the thoughts of Pete Carroll celebrating on the sideline.

Share those sentiments. Have a disliking for the Seahawks, due to the coach, Sherman & Earl Thomas.
Gonna make for a great Superbowl, hope the weather doesn't affect it. Looking forward to seeing a great passing team against a great secondary...

smort

There is a definite dislike among most on the board here for the seahawks. They have a fantastic D but I just find it very hard to warm to them.

Hope peyton can pick his way through them next weekend and land his 2nd ring

The Iceman

Not sure why people find it hard to warm to Seattle. They have a few loud mouthed, outspoken hot headed black athletes. Sherman earns less than $600K per year to Peyton Manning's $15 million. To see Seattle evolve as a relatively young team, with one of the lowest salary payouts in the league and make it to the Superbowl as the #1 ranked team in the country is something to behold. Yes the coach gets up to antics, yes the players don't think before they speak but from a purely football perspective, from an exciting game perspective that was one of the craziest 2nd halfs I have seen in playoff football in 4-5 years.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

magpie seanie

I like the Seahawks. Have no idea what Pete Carroll did at college level to piss so many people off but he's no more demonstrative than his opposite number last night. He hasn't been caught cheating like the universally revered Belichick has he? Sherman is the first player from Compton to play in the NFL. His road can't have been an easy one. Look at the kudos other coaches get (Belichick) for rehabiliating players (Blount last week). Marshawn Lynch was before joke when he went to Seattle. Always had huge potential but was 3rd choice at the Bills.

Finding it hard to decide who I want to win the Superbowl. Really like Peyton Manning as well and lets be honest - he deserves more than 1 SB ring (though if I had my way he wouldn't have got that one!).

gallsman

While I like him, Sherman got off a PED suspension a technicality, for which I imagine a number of people would never, understandably, forgive him.

Just hope best team on the day wins - Manning deserves another ring but of course has to earn it. Seattle to win withsuch a young team and payroll would be incredible.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 20, 2014, 04:44:48 PMHave no idea what Pete Carroll did at college level to piss so many people off but he's no more demonstrative than his opposite number last night. He hasn't been caught cheating like the universally revered Belichick has he?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/14/pete-carroll-admits-that-as-to-reggie-bush-something-happened/

magpie seanie

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 20, 2014, 05:46:45 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 20, 2014, 04:44:48 PMHave no idea what Pete Carroll did at college level to piss so many people off but he's no more demonstrative than his opposite number last night. He hasn't been caught cheating like the universally revered Belichick has he?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/14/pete-carroll-admits-that-as-to-reggie-bush-something-happened/

Not near as bad as what the Patriots did in my book.

Wildweasel74

Nice to know the biggest dickhead in the NFl is out of seattle

gallsman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 20, 2014, 05:46:45 PM

USC's crime was getting caught. The NCAA is rife with that kind of thing. Look at Syferus's best bud Cam Newton's recruitment to Auburn for example. Happens all the time.

The Iceman

Thats a bit lame boys to be honest. Seattle are hated because someone under Pete Carrol was caught receiving money/gifts?
Are all these lads on draft night born with the designer suits and gold chains they are adorned with?
They are all receiving money/gifts from teams and other colleges. Its the game.

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight