American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oraisteach

Holy Macaroni!  What a finish. GO Noles!

Gabriel_Hurl

They can't do it again. CAN THEY??

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Syferus

Incredible game. Auburn were astounding this year. Worst way to lose, so close and so far. Can't take any enjoyment out of that.

Well done to the 'Noles.

Oraisteach

Sorry, Syf, Auburn had a terrific run and an amazing turnaround from last year.

Syferus

Quote from: Oraisteach on January 07, 2014, 05:05:42 AM
Sorry, Syf, Auburn had a terrific run and an amazing turnaround from last year.

Cheers, Oraisteach. Back to gaelic now. Not counting on Pasadena weather in Ballinlough.

gawa316

Made it to the pub for the last 6 mins...what a 6 mins! (Not as good as Istanbul mind!)

Hound

Was reading about the Auburn fan who'd put $100 at 500/1 last January on Auburn to win. Said he wasn't going to hedge it, but was going to Vegas anyway in case he changed his mind! (Though I think Auburn were still big underdogs on the day, so presumably he would have needed a good amount of cash to do the hedge).

Minder

Quote from: Hound on January 07, 2014, 09:14:33 AM
Was reading about the Auburn fan who'd put $100 at 500/1 last January on Auburn to win. Said he wasn't going to hedge it, but was going to Vegas anyway in case he changed his mind! (Though I think Auburn were still big underdogs on the day, so presumably he would have needed a good amount of cash to do the hedge).

Auburn were 4/1 I think
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

FL/MAYO

I am a Miami Hurricanes fan but it was great to see the Noles win last night just to keep all the Gator and SEC fans quiet for a while. The Canes will be back in the next couple of years with the threat of sanctions now lifted.

Syferus

The final AP rankings for the 2013 season:

1   Florida State   
2   Auburn   
3   Michigan State   
4   South Carolina   
5   Missouri   
6   Oklahoma   
7   Alabama   
8   Clemson   
9   Oregon   
10   UCF   
11   Stanford   
12   Ohio State   
13   Baylor   
14   LSU   
15   Louisville   
16   UCLA   
17   Oklahoma State   
18   Texas A&M   
19   USC   
20   Notre Dame   
21   Arizona State   
22   Wisconsin   
23   Duke   
24   Vanderbilt   
25   Washington

The Tide finish as only the fourth ranked SEC team.

muppet

Lads anyone know if any US teams are coming to Croker in 2014 like Notre Dame did recently?

I have Premium tickets and need to clear the mortgage, so I am hoping for Texas versus Iran or maybe Kim Jong Un v Floyd Mayweather. Any info appreciated.
MWWSI 2017

cadhlancian

Quote from: Minder on January 07, 2014, 12:59:51 PM
Quote from: Hound on January 07, 2014, 09:14:33 AM

Auburn were 4/1 I think
they were, but he would have needed FS to cover his bet on Auburn. Fs were about 2/5!
He could have had 20 k on to win 8k? So it would have been either 30k or 8 .

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on January 07, 2014, 09:01:49 PM
Lads anyone know if any US teams are coming to Croker in 2014 like Notre Dame did recently?

I have Premium tickets and need to clear the mortgage, so I am hoping for Texas versus Iran or maybe Kim Jong Un v Floyd Mayweather. Any info appreciated.

Penn State and the #10 ranked team up there, Central Florida, in September. Could end up being two nationally-ranked teams going at it. It mightn't sell out, though. Hook us up.

Linkbox

Quote from: Syferus on January 07, 2014, 09:25:34 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 07, 2014, 09:01:49 PM

Penn State and the #10 ranked team up there, Central Florida, in September. Could end up being two nationally-ranked teams going at it. It mightn't sell out, though. Hook us up.

Florida have a guy from Cork kicking for them which might generate some interest.

http://knightnews.com/2013/09/ucf-penn-state-ireland-game-will-be-special-experience-for-ucf-kicker-sean-galvin/

Some accent.