American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

What is it American sports fans love so much about snowbound football matches? The thought of one has them buzzing.

Syferus

Quote from: deiseach on January 05, 2014, 09:03:20 AM
What is it American sports fans love so much about snowbound football matches? The thought of one has them buzzing.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mZo3wHpOuEc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DmZo3wHpOuEc

Consider yourself educated ;)

TabClear

couple of great games for the neutral yesterday. feel sorry for the chiefs, injuries ultimately cost them as they couldn't maintain the good start. 80+ points in a playoff game is some sscoring!

Luck has something about him that the great qbs have, an ability to forget about a mistake straight away and keep on going for it. Brees showed the same in the later game  after an awful start.

stew

I was offered two tickets for nothing for the packed game yesterday and declined them, the thought of sitting at Lambeau with temps in the negative thirties did not fill me with much in the way of enthusiasm,  and those benches they have you sitting on are made of metal and freeze the hole off you.

Rodgers needs to have the game of his life today and dont be surprised if a player or two gets frostbite today, these kind of temperatures can kill people.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

magpie seanie

I get that it's feckin cold but surely if you wrap up very well you'd be sound. Bring a blanket to stick under your arse and a few balaclavas to cover the ears/nose etc. How many Packer playoff games will you get tickets for?

Real reason Pack fans are staying away is they reckon they're going to get humped.

cadhlancian

There is no chance of the packers getting humped! If anything, this is their game to lose . At home, Rodgers back, Cobb back and a decent run game . The niners are not playing as well as they were last year.
Florida St are better than Auburn, but Auburn look like the title is their destiny. Should be a cracker, FS by 7

magpie seanie

Packers were very lucky last week. It won't continue.

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 05, 2014, 03:55:37 PM
I get that it's feckin cold but surely if you wrap up very well you'd be sound. Bring a blanket to stick under your arse and a few balaclavas to cover the ears/nose etc. How many Packer playoff games will you get tickets for?

Real reason Pack fans are staying away is they reckon they're going to get humped.

Seanie you do not seem to have a clue how cold negative thirty feels, in yesterdays green bay press Gazette they had a picture of a packers sponsored event were they had people showing a crowd how best to dress. At these type of temperatures people are going to get cold no matter how many layers they have on.

Oh aye, I hate going to packer games, I would take brewer tickets all day long before pack tickets, too much down time and I have been to more than my fair share, watching at home is the way to go for me.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Carmen Stateside

Bengals -7 and 49ers -3 my fancies today

Oraisteach

So cold I think I'll have a bite of my coffee.  A Frank Gifford line, I believe.

ONeill

Took the Bengals a quarter to get to grips with the Chargers' running game. Now SD can't get 10 yds. Fear the worst.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

Carmen Stateside

Bengals defense keeping them in it.  Dalton has had a shocker but all credit to Chargers, they putting Dalton under serious pressure! 

Oraisteach

Minder

Dalton is holding that Bengals team back
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"