American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Sparty are playing like a team possessed, lighting up the buckeyes 17-0 mid-way through the second.

cadhlancian

Syferus, to give up 545 on the ground is diabolical . You wouldn't see it in high school , FFS.
2 poor defenses, Auburn marginally better

Syferus

Quote from: cadhlancian on December 08, 2013, 04:10:54 AM
Syferus, to give up 545 on the ground is diabolical . You wouldn't see it in high school , FFS.
2 poor defenses, Auburn marginally better

Mizzou are the 7th-ranked defence in the nation. Auburn have ran all over everyone this year. It's no fluke.

Spartans up 27-24 mid-4th against OSU. Have the ball too. C'mon Sparty.

Syferus

TD Spartans, 34-24 up with two minutes left..

Oraisteach

A Cleveland kid, Connor Cook, did us in, among other things.

Syferus

All over bar the shouting. College football is amazing.

Auburn will play Florida State in the BCS Championship game in January. Alabama will be represented in five consecutive BSC title games now, and the crystal football hasn't left the state since that streak began. Incredible.

I never thought in my wildest dreams that when the dust settled on the 2013 season Auburn would be one of the final two teams. This year's run is even more stunning than Cam's back in 2010-11. From win-less in the SEC last year to the national title game, this is the sort of thing that just doesn't happen in a sport as competitive as college ball. Malzahn was an inspired choice.

A seminal season? Check.

A team of destiny? One last test.

Oraisteach

An inspiring season by Auburn, all right, but my daughter being an FSU grad student, I'm now rooting for the Noles.  Ours was a divided house tonight--she in one room cheering for the Noles, me in another bemoaning the Bucks.  Should be a fun BCS game.  My daughter is elated, especially since one of her friends attends Auburn.

Syferus

It will be a great game all right, Oraisteach.

And wouldn't it be delicious if we did end up getting Bama-Oregon after all, as some have suggested might be the Sugar Bowl match-up? For much of the season that looked like the BCS title game and they could serve up one hell of a game..

Highlander3

Yea Florida state v Auburn is the best final now I just want the SEC to be beat in the final

AZOffaly

I'm the end probably the right game. Auburn do deserve to be there but in its last year the BCS dodged a bullet because I do think Ohio State would have been there if undefeated. I'm not surprised MIchigan State beat them though, I did say that was a distinct possibility last week.

Should be a great BCS game now that Winston is off the hook too.

RealSpiritof98

Sick weather in NFL today must be half a foot of snow in Philly, not for the faint hearted

Big performance needed from the 49ers against the white hot Seahawks.

AZOffaly

I've no idea how they are keeping their feet at all. How can you play when your feet are literally sinking into snow?

RealSpiritof98

Get in, What a nights football. think im staying up for C4 :o

stringbean

Quote from: Syferus on December 08, 2013, 04:56:22 AM
All over bar the shouting. College football is amazing.

Auburn will play Florida State in the BCS Championship game in January. Alabama will be represented in five consecutive BSC title games now, and the crystal football hasn't left the state since that streak began. Incredible.

I never thought in my wildest dreams that when the dust settled on the 2013 season Auburn would be one of the final two teams. This year's run is even more stunning than Cam's back in 2010-11. From win-less in the SEC last year to the national title game, this is the sort of thing that just doesn't happen in a sport as competitive as college ball. Malzahn was an inspired choice.

A seminal season? Check.

A team of destiny? One last test.
Say what you like about auburn, but that running attack is mightily impressive. Mizzou are no soft touch on defense but the relentless attack from Auburn was special. Had my doubts before the Alabama came but have to say what i seen there last 2 games was unreal. Their defense is atrocious though.

Any bets on the total number of points in the national title game - couldn't see it being under 100 points (per team lol)

Crete Boom

Go Bears really lit up the stadium on offense (Jeez I never thought I  would hear myself say that). The Jeffrey , Marshall ,Bennett combo is really starting to click although the Dallas secondary is probably as bad as the Bears run defence. Fair play to McCown who has really stepped up since Cutler got injured and Matt Forte was excellent again. My favourite bit was the monster hit by Marshall on  Sean Lee when Mcown was scrambling for a first down.

The Bears really need to get Briggs and Tillman fit on D and firgure out a way to plug the hole on run defence with Nate Collins and Melton still out. Somebody needs to wake Julius Peppers from his slumber to get some pressure on the QB!!!