American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Exactly. He'll be a constituent part of this offense, not the be all and end all. Sam Bradford gave some hope at QB in St. Louis, but there was nothing else there.

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 03, 2013, 04:39:37 PM
Exactly. He'll be a constituent part of this offense, not the be all and end all. Sam Bradford gave some hope at QB in St. Louis, but there was nothing else there.

I think there is every chance Jackson won't be as productive, he is entering his 10th season and RBs have a habit of falling off the cliff very quickly. He wasn't running out of bounds too often either, he is a punishing runner and I am sure that has taken its toll.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

turk

I think Atlanta will come short v Seattle or San Francisco in the playoffs. Their regular season games v New England, Seattle, AT Green Bay and AT San Francisco will be most interesting barometers!

magpie seanie

Quote from: Minder on September 03, 2013, 07:58:50 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 03, 2013, 04:39:37 PM

I think there is every chance Jackson won't be as productive, he is entering his 10th season and RBs have a habit of falling off the cliff very quickly. He wasn't running out of bounds too often either, he is a punishing runner and I am sure that has taken its toll.

I would have worried about that if he was still doing all the heavy lifting in St Louis but last year Atlanta made a clearly cooked Michael Turner look more than respectable at times. S-Jax is bound to be a few notches better than the 2012 (slow) Burner.

You wouldn't guess I drafted him would you?

ONeill

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 16, 2013, 06:25:07 PM
AZ had a little webpage going for a while didn't he?

He made me cry.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

the Deel Rover

Don't know if ye saw this before lads . Nothing like a 48 year old grudge  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrkEROiQsa8&feature=player_detailpage
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Wildweasel74

Any links lads for the american football coming up?

thejuice

The amount of people predicting the Falcons for the SB. I'm saying it now, they wont even win the NFC South. As Falcons fan. Seriously.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

squire_in_navy_slacks

thejuice

Falcons go to sleep in the 3rd qtr once again and almost give the game to the Rams.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ONeill

Chargers get over the line. But, by God, Rivers goes into his shell as the end approaches.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.