American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: stew on February 04, 2013, 07:12:27 PM
The right team won but the 49'ers will be back, they have the real deal at quarterback and they are young, hungry and extremely talented.

On the other hand B more are done, they are old and I dont think they will even make the playoffs next year.

The Niners would need to sort out that secondary next year, in fairness it wasn't helped by Justin or Aldon Smith not putting much pressure on Flacco.

I thought Harbaugh treated Alex Smith harshly earlier this year but I have been really impressed by Kaepernick, he isn't just a Michael Vick type athlete, he has great touch on his throws.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

stew

Quote from: Minder on February 04, 2013, 07:30:24 PM
The right team won but the 49'ers will be back, they have the real deal at quarterback and they are young, hungry and extremely talented.

On the other hand B more are done, they are old and I dont think they will even make the playoffs next year.

The Niners would need to sort out that secondary next year, in fairness it wasn't helped by Justin or Aldon Smith not putting much pressure on Flacco.

I thought Harbaugh treated Alex Smith harshly earlier this year but I have been really impressed by Kaepernick, he isn't just a Michael Vick type athlete, he has great touch on his throws.

Why was Harbaugh giving that suit a tough time when the lights went out?? I thought he acted like a bit of a ballbag to be honest.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Minder

Quote from: stew on February 04, 2013, 07:37:52 PM
Quote from: Minder on February 04, 2013, 07:30:24 PM

Why was Harbaugh giving that suit a tough time when the lights went out?? I thought he acted like a bit of a ballbag to be honest.

http://deadspin.com/5981462/what-was-john-harbaugh-ranting-about-during-the-blackout-we-asked-a-lip-reader?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on February 04, 2013, 02:05:14 AM
Laoislad to New Orleans please!

They wouldn't have been able to afford me.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

magpie seanie

Was rooting for the 49ers cos Ray Lewis, great player and all that he is, makes me sick and cos of Jim Harbaugh's Bears connection. Disappointed with the result and the no call at the end was terrible really. A top game though. Didnt see it live but recorded it and had a tough day yesterday avoiding the result but managed it!

Fair play to Beyonce also.

heganboy

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 05, 2013, 10:50:52 AM

Fair play to Beyonce also.

cant for the life of me think what you mean- oh wait
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Puckoon

Well the dust is almost settled - what a game! From the start my concern was that the 9ers would make their notoriously slow play off start. Well they didn't. They made a worse one. It was unbelievable, and you cannot give the Ravens a 25point lead and expect to win the game. Although... they almost did, and could have. Granted I was with a very partisan 9er crowd - but there were two or three no calls against the Ravens defence - particularly the offsides in the 4th quarter on 3rd and goal followed up by the holding on 4th and goal.

I was impressed with Joe Flacco, and I enjoy watching him play  - so fair play there. Kaepernick had a forgettable first half - although his arm quality made 4-5 brief appearances. His second half display was fantastic and the nevada kid certainly wasn't a "nobody" this December... ;)

Carmen Stateside

Bad smash at the end of the Nationwide NASCAR race at Daytona.Engine and wheel of car busted through fence and ended up in stand.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/wVW65Tyji_s
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/race-fans-injured-car-slams-fence-nascar-nationwide-221100722--nascar.html

stew

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on February 23, 2013, 10:51:41 PM
Bad smash at the end of the Nationwide NASCAR race at Daytona.Engine and wheel of car busted through fence and ended up in stand.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/race-fans-injured-car-slams-fence-nascar-nationwide-221100722--nascar.html

That Nascar is a shite sport altogether, you get a bunch of southern rednecks turning left for 500 miles and you have a hundred thousand rednecks in the stands a hootin and a hollerin while drunk off their asses.

I won two tickets at work a couple of years ago for the Daytona 500 and I took the plane tickets and sold the tickets for the 500, we have a wee place 5 mile from the speedway and I have yet to set foot anywhere near the place, to me it is a terrible sport.

One last thing, the first lady showed up to drop the flag to start the race and thousands of the bastards booed her up and down!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

magpie seanie

Quote from: stew on February 24, 2013, 03:50:01 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on February 23, 2013, 10:51:41 PM

That Nascar is a shite sport altogether, you get a bunch of southern rednecks turning left for 500 miles and you have a hundred thousand rednecks in the stands a hootin and a hollerin while drunk off their asses.

I won two tickets at work a couple of years ago for the Daytona 500 and I took the plane tickets and sold the tickets for the 500, we have a wee place 5 mile from the speedway and I have yet to set foot anywhere near the place, to me it is a terrible sport.

One last thing, the first lady showed up to drop the flag to start the race and thousands of the b**tards booed her up and down!

Agree with you about NASCAR but you have to hand it to them - it's a money making racket for feck all. Build a track in the middle of nowhere so all the clowns have to buy your stuff as well as pay in the gate. Genius! Pure rubbish "sport" though.

Capt Pat

NAscar did give us Talledega Nights and Ricky Bobby

Puckoon

Quote from: Capt Pat on February 26, 2013, 10:57:47 PM
NAscar did give us Talledega Nights and Ricky Bobby Days of Thunder

heganboy

i watched the last 15 laps of the nascar thing on Sunday to see what all the fuss was about.
bored
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

johnneycool

Capt Pat

Percy Harvin has been traded to the seahawks. The Vikings will get a first and seventh round pick from the Seahawks as well as a mid round pick in next years draft.