American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: The Iceman on January 07, 2013, 04:52:39 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 07, 2013, 04:10:24 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on January 07, 2013, 04:06:46 PM
I think Ray may be finished? I watched an interview saying what a way to go out on home soil.... i thik thats why they put him in for the last offensive play as the FB, QB took the knee, Ray did his dance and that was it I think....

He announced his retirement last week
I know he did but AZ was implying that he would continue on in the playoffs and I don't think he will....

Last home game - saying goodbye to the fans in Baltimore. If he doesn't line up in Denver next week I'll be shocked.

AZOffaly

Quote from: gallsman on January 07, 2013, 07:18:49 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on January 07, 2013, 04:52:39 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 07, 2013, 04:10:24 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on January 07, 2013, 04:06:46 PM
I think Ray may be finished? I watched an interview saying what a way to go out on home soil.... i thik thats why they put him in for the last offensive play as the FB, QB took the knee, Ray did his dance and that was it I think....

He announced his retirement last week
I know he did but AZ was implying that he would continue on in the playoffs and I don't think he will....

Last home game - saying goodbye to the fans in Baltimore. If he doesn't line up in Denver next week I'll be shocked.

Exactly gallsman. There's no way he'd stop playing in the middle of a playoff run. That was just his goodbye to Baltimore, because no matter who wins between Houston and the Patriots, the AFC game won't be back there.

Gabriel_Hurl

Sources are saying RG3 could be out 14-18 months  :o

Oraisteach

At the moment, ND taking it on the chin and on several other sensitive body parts. 21-0 Alabama.

MasterShake

"Calmer than you are".

Syferus

The Tide are some kind of incredible. Surely now among the greatest dynasties to every play the game and something tells me Saban isn't done yet.

I spent a while in Alabama and to say the state is football mad would be like saying Kerrymen like to play a bit gaelic, it's a combination of excellent coaching and culture defining passion that's led the state to four consquective Coaches' Trophies.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 07, 2013, 09:12:32 PM
Sources are saying RG3 could be out 14-18 months  :o

How could that be the case?

The Iceman

RGIII has reported tears to ACL and MCL. Not sure how long that sidelines him for and who's decision it was for him to play but a sad loss to the franchise if he is out for as long as some have reported.

Irish were hammered last night. Couldn't believe it. Didn't expect them to win but to take a beating like that was hard to watch.
Bama are some set up.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

magpie seanie

Quote from: The Iceman on January 08, 2013, 03:38:49 PM
RGIII has reported tears to ACL and MCL. Not sure how long that sidelines him for and who's decision it was for him to play but a sad loss to the franchise if he is out for as long as some have reported.

Irish were hammered last night. Couldn't believe it. Didn't expect them to win but to take a beating like that was hard to watch.
Bama are some set up.

That being the case I'd say he has phoned Adrian Peterson already and if he hasn't he needs to.

As for the responsibility for him getting injured - remember Jay Cutler against Green Bay a couple of years back in the NFC Championship game. Got whipped for not playing on. People can't have it both ways.....

Read an article on the ND/'bama game and playoff in College football. God they really should abandon this BCS crap now and have proper playoffs.

Syferus

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 08, 2013, 05:12:56 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on January 08, 2013, 03:38:49 PM

Bama are some set up.

That being the case I'd say he has phoned Adrian Peterson already and if he hasn't he needs to.

As for the responsibility for him getting injured - remember Jay Cutler against Green Bay a couple of years back in the NFC Championship game. Got whipped for not playing on. People can't have it both ways.....

Read an article on the ND/'bama game and playoff in College football. God they really should abandon this BCS crap now and have proper playoffs.
#

Already planned by 2014, keep up with the news!  ;)

It wouldn't have mattered this year or in any of the last seven years anyways. The SEC teams just are a class apart and the best teams in it invariably are the best teams in America.

Muck Savage

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 08, 2013, 05:12:56 PM

[/quote]

Alot of people reckon there already is a playoff is place now, the SEC title game.

Painful to watch ND getting pounded like that as they're not that bad but still not good enough to win. They game got to them and a couple of early calls went against them which Alabama took advantage of. The ND defense missed tackles they would normally have made, look at Lacy's 1st TD - walked past Te'o and the rest of the defense. The fumbled punt call against ND in the first quarter was a big one against ND. If that had gone their way (and it should) then they would have been in scoring position, instead Alabama marched down the field and made it 14-0 instead of potentially 7-7 which would have help settle ND.
Don't rate A.J McCarron as a QB but was funny last night when Brent Musberger started to talk about his girlfriend when the cameras we're on her, was close to being creepy!

heganboy

that game last night probably cost Manti Te'o millions and possibly a long pro career. 
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Oraisteach

So, 'Bama won, which makes, let me see, The Ohio State University the only unbeaten team this year. Hmmm...

tyroneman

Quote.  that game last night probably cost Manti Te'o millions and possibly a long pro career.   

Might be the best thing for his career in the long run.

Will still be 1st round, just lower down and all that unreasonable 'next Ray Lewis' hype will be tempered a bit. One bad game doesn't make him a bad player. The combine results might take on more significance now though.....

Now if the Raiders could trade down and still pick him up  ;)

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Oraisteach on January 08, 2013, 06:09:47 PM
So, 'Bama won, which makes, let me see, The Ohio State University the only unbeaten team this year. Hmmm...

And how did they fare in their bowl game? Oh wait ............