American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on December 31, 2012, 08:23:53 PM
Could Andy Reid actually go to the BEARs ::), most commentator seem pretty sure he'll get a job somewhere.

He will get a job somewhere alright, he had probably outstayed his welcome in Philly. Lovie Smith is probably the only one that could have any beef with getting fired, but being a head coach in the NFL is a rough oul business, well paid but very little job security.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

tyroneman

Knapp, Hoffman and Pollack gone in Oakland  :D :D

magpie seanie

Lovie can argue he has been harshly treated but the obvious o-line problem has been there for a long time and went un-fixed. I think at times the play calling on offense attimes was terrible. They were overly cautious and Mike Tice surely should have got the bullet before now.

Terrible how the season played out for the Bears. I think a couple of worse teams than them made the playoffs. The defense was brilliant this year but is aging at at times that showed late on in games.

Stew - turns out you were right. Bears did finish 3rd in NFC North.

stew

Quote from: Hound on December 31, 2012, 01:37:07 PM
That was a fantastic match between the Vikings and Packers. Delighted for the Vikings that they squezzed into the playoffs, Peterson was awesome, but the QB did his stuff too.

Though its hard to see them repeating the dose next week in Green Bay

Green Bay will beat them going away, I think a 14 point win at least for the Pack, the queens are not used to playing in the brutal cold and the pack will stop Peterson and keep him to under 110 yards, he also has a propensity to cough up the ball.

Seanie, I was right about the Bears..........................Just.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Minder

Quote from: stew on January 01, 2013, 10:07:22 PM
That was a fantastic match between the Vikings and Packers. Delighted for the Vikings that they squezzed into the playoffs, Peterson was awesome, but the QB did his stuff too.

Green Bay will beat them going away, I think a 14 point win at least for the Pack, the queens are not used to playing in the brutal cold and the pack will stop Peterson and keep him to under 110 yards, he also has a propensity to cough up the ball.

2 lost fumbles all season and Packers are only 17th against the rush, the only way Peterson doesn't put up well over a 100 yds is if Vikings get behind early and abandon the run.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Minder on January 01, 2013, 10:15:27 PM
Quote from: stew on January 01, 2013, 10:07:22 PM

2 lost fumbles all season and Packers are only 17th against the rush, the only way Peterson doesn't put up well over a 100 yds is if Vikings get behind early and abandon the run.

Not a hope the Vikings win this game and I'll be astonished if they keep it close. Packers know the Vikes are a worse team than the Bears too  :-X and even though I don't think the Bears would beat the Pack either with Urlacher back and rested they'd put it up to them and would be well used to frigid conditions.

thejuice

Can someone recommend  somewhere to watch the superbowl in Los Angeles?

We'll be there the weekend of the game and need to head to the airport straight afterwards. Might have to go easy on the booze but not adverse to stuffing my face like the locals.

Cheers.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Minder

Predictions for the weekend -

Cincinnati @ Houston - Houston

Minnesota @ Green Bay - Green Bay

Indianapolis @ Baltimore - Baltimore

Seattle @ Washington - Seattle

gallsman

Andy Reid in at the Chiefs already.

thejuice

Cincinnati @ Houston - Cincinnati

Indianapolis @ Baltimore - Indianapolis

Seattle @ Washington - Washington
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

The Iceman

Quote from: Minder on January 04, 2013, 09:29:20 PM

Cincinnati @ Houston - Houston

Indianapolis @ Baltimore - Baltimore

Seattle @ Washington - Seattle
I would agree with that. If RG III was healthy I think the Redskins take it but he is obviously not running like he can and Seattle are picking up steam at the perfect time.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Capt Pat

Packers, Ravens, Texans and Redskins to win.

Seahawks or even the vikings could cause an upset.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 04, 2013, 10:35:50 PM
Packers, Ravens, Texans and Redskins to win.

Seahawks or even the vikings could cause an upset.

Seahawks are favourites I think. They were earlier in the week anyway.

Minder

Looks like Oregon HC Chip Kelly is taking the Browns job.