American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Can't believe what I just seen.  Twitter has exploded over it.  NFL have some problems on their hands after this.  Worse again I had Green Bay backed!  >:(

Carmen Stateside

The pass interference call on Green Bay a few plays before it was worse.  Terrible performance all night by the officials.

Minder

They are going to ruin the season if they don't get the proper officials back.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

Packers guard TJ Lang took it well, on Twitter -

@TJLang70 Got fucked by the refs. Embarrassing. Thanks nfl

@TJLang70 f**k it NFL.. Fine me and use the money to pay the regular refs.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Capt Pat

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on September 25, 2012, 05:58:34 AM
Can't believe what I just seen.  Twitter has exploded over it.  NFL have some problems on their hands after this.  Worse again I had Green Bay backed!  >:(

The NFL should just pay the refs and the problem is solved. They can easily afford it.

stew

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 25, 2012, 01:53:26 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on September 25, 2012, 05:58:34 AM

The NFL should just pay the refs and the problem is solved. They can easily afford it.

I don't blame the refs at all, it is not their fault they are out there, it is the greedy billionaire owners and the City of Green Bay who are to blame,!

The commissioner is also to blame, I thought overall he was doing a good job but after the start to this season with these muppets it is clear that he is toothless as he has to report to these arrogant bastards.

The game is watchable right now only because it is fascinating to see which game will have the worst officials, the owners dont give a shite about the standard of the games because it is the biggest game in the country by far, how much money is your integrity worth?

Talk radio this morning in Green Bay is hilarious, you would think somebody died last night, these people need to get a life, they are right to be pissed but ffs. ::)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

magpie seanie

Stew - "the City of Green Bay" - what's that about? I admit I'm not following the whole officials saga in any depth so if I'm missing anything obvious then sorry.

As a Bears fan last night was no harm! The only thing is GB have played some pretty tough teams and will start winning and winning big soon. I suspected before the season that the Lions might struggle and it looks like they will. Then Minnesota goes and beats the 49ers! NFC North just got a lot more interesting!

Mentalman

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 25, 2012, 05:42:35 PM
Stew - "the City of Green Bay" - what's that about?

I think Stew's point is it's a community owned franchise, unlike the other NFL teams, it's a bit more like the socios situation at Barcelona.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

magpie seanie

Quote from: Mentalman on September 25, 2012, 05:46:11 PM

I think Stew's point is it's a community owned franchise, unlike the other NFL teams, it's a bit more like the socios situation at Barcelona.

Yes, of course. I was missing something obvious....

Tony Baloney

If it keeps up the players should strike back to get decent officials in.

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 25, 2012, 05:48:44 PM
Quote from: Mentalman on September 25, 2012, 05:46:11 PM

Yes, of course. I was missing something obvious....

No big deal Seanie, great analogy mentalman. The City of Green Bay is the only city owned based entity in the NFL, it has a vote and voted with the owners to lock out the best officials, hence my disdain for them.

I played golf this afternoon at a well heeled establishment ( I had a gift certificate) with a mate, after the round we went into the lounge and I must have seen the play of played 50 times in ten minutes on sportscenter, crazy stuff.

stew

The owners are falling over themselves to get a deal done for this weekend, I hope the top refs stuck it to the hoors and gave little up from what they had.

Mentalman

Quote from: stew on September 26, 2012, 10:39:30 PM
The owners are falling over themselves to get a deal done for this weekend, I hope the top refs stuck it to the hoors and gave little up from what they had.

Glad to hear it, had a feeling that would be the case especially after some of the more celebrated franchises (Packers/Pats) came out on the wrong side of crazy decisions.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

tyroneman

Never mind the referees - whaddabout that Raiders result!!!!  :D