American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Yeah, I know its not Fitzgeralds fault but it is frustrating. Hopefully Skelton is back soon and gets the job back - he seems marginally better and certainly Fitz is more productive when he is playing.

J70

Quote from: barelegs on September 16, 2012, 11:52:35 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 16, 2012, 09:54:00 PM
Another couple of pass plays and running plays to get position in the middle of the field and Gostkowski had about a 30 yarder for the win with 6 seconds left. The Cardinals have a bit of a reputation for blocking kicks etc, so I wasn't completely without hope, but I couldn't believe it when he just absolutely pulled it wide left.

It was fairly remarkable but to be fair to Gostkowski it was actually a 42 yarder. It should have been a 32 yarder but there was a false start on the Patriots O-line on the play before. The extra 10 yards didn't help.

As a Dolphins fan this is a rare good day. Big win and the Pats beat. Jets not looking too hot... If only it was like this every week!

Have you got to see this seasons Hard Knocks?

Just started watching it. Fascinating behind the scenes look at the Dolphins. Chad Johnson (Ochochinco) is some eejit. Garrard very unlucky.

thejuice

Will try my damnedest to stay up for MNF tonight. I think we´ll get a clearer picture of where the Falcons are at this year tonight. With all due respect to the Chiefs. Sick of hearing how great the Falcons are going to be this year. I´m confident we´ll make the play-offs but I don´t know if Mike Smith has found the key to post season success. It´s not like anyone can put a finger on it. It just seems to be all about intensity and playing harder and for whatever reason the Falcons don´t find that extra gear.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: thejuice on September 17, 2012, 10:26:38 PM
Will try my damnedest to stay up for MNF tonight. I think we´ll get a clearer picture of where the Falcons are at this year tonight. With all due respect to the Chiefs. Sick of hearing how great the Falcons are going to be this year. I´m confident we´ll make the play-offs but I don´t know if Mike Smith has found the key to post season success. It´s not like anyone can put a finger on it. It just seems to be all about intensity and playing harder and for whatever reason the Falcons don´t find that extra gear.

Its going to be a loooonnngg night if you're still up! 

thejuice

Managed to get up now. Pleasently surprised. It'll be a long night knowing manning is there. Game is never over. 3 turnovers by denver with sloppy ball handling
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Galwaybhoy

I don't remember a half of football taking so long before.  Big TD at the end of the half for Denver.  Badly needed.  After a shocking start for the Broncos offense I hope that last drive is a sign of things to come.

Galwaybhoy

BBC are really having a laugh with this music... :-\

thejuice

It's a bit weird sounds like music from metal gear solid. but I guess its cheaper than paying some panelists to analyse the game.

Falcons Defence looking much better than last year. Tony Gonzalez is incredible. Some man to make catches that really aren't "there".

Denver secondary looking loose, roddy white getting open.

Feel sorry for these stand in refs.

magpie seanie

Woke up at 5 as the baby needed feeding and checked the socre on my phone - couldn't believe the game was still in progress! Was against Atlanta's D/ST in one fantasy league and lost by 3 points so Mannings 3 INT's cost me.

Rossie11

Was hoping Denver would win to keep the Saints alive in the NFC south.
Saints are in big trouble now and having to play Packers Broncos and Chargers in coming weeks could be out of it by half way.
Anyone else think that after the Bounty saga their defence has gone soft and almost afraid to tackle?
Stewards TD the last day was a case in point.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Rossie11 on September 18, 2012, 11:17:50 AM
Was hoping Denver would win to keep the Saints alive in the NFC south.
Saints are in big trouble now and having to play Packers Broncos and Chargers in coming weeks could be out of it by half way.
Anyone else think that after the Bounty saga their defence has gone soft and almost afraid to tackle?
Stewards TD the last day was a case in point.

Ah it's only 2 weeks Rossie. I think the Saints are in a bit of trouble alright, especially on defence, but 0-2 is hardly dead in the NFC South.

Rossie11

They are "alive" AZ but some real tough games down the line.
Since 1990 only 12% of teams who started 0-2 have made the play offs..
That's a scary stat

J70

That stat is rooted  in most 0-2 teams being shit and continuing to be so. Saints have issues, no question with all that happened in off  season, but  surely they have the means to go 9-5 or even 10-4 four remainder and maybe make the playoffs?

AZOffaly

did the Giants not go 0-2 last year?