American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Pity the game was so one-sided. Crowd enjoyed themselves though.

David Feherty is one annoying bollocks.

Minder

The most ridiculous thing about Feherty is that accent.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Capt Pat

The game was one sided but it was still a good event with lots of pageantry.

magpie seanie

Feherty is living proof that being full of bullshit is far more important than talent.

Besides him it was a brilliant promotion of Ireland.

Capt Pat

Was Feherty on the tv commentary?

John Delaney was introduced as chairman of the Aviva Stadium. There were lots of people doing lifting floating pressups in the stands. Somebody had a Tyrone flag near me. That shamrock display by the band was impressive. Unlike Penn State we were still allowed listen to sweet Caroline.

The music seems to be a big part of the college game used to create drama and make the game more of a show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_nhaTXNsdw

gallsman

CBS were the American broadcasters and as they have him for Golf he was shipped over here for the football, apparently purely on the basis that he's Irish.

Some slight relief when he did say hurling was a remarkably skillful game.

Oraisteach

Well, Stew, John Carroll beat St. Norbert's 40-3 today in Parnell Park. 

Onion Bag

Was at the game yesterday, great atmosphere, the talent round the stand was something serious, as for the football. Almost 4 hours to play 1 hour. The navy actually took a time out at one stage with 2 seconds left on the clock. Far too much stoping and starting for me, enjoyed the day but the game was shite IMHO. won't be in a rush to get back

Also the prices in the aviva are a f**king disgrace.

Match programme €10
A round of 4 pints €23

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

stew

Quote from: Oraisteach on September 02, 2012, 04:14:20 AM
Well, Stew, John Carroll beat St. Norbert's 40-3 today in Parnell Park.

I saw that Orais, slightly embarrassed by that result, I play golf with the head coach and he told me he fancied their chances and to put a few bucks on them, I didn't but I never, never expected that result.

How many were at the game??? they have some facilities at St Norberts College, unbelievable.

By the way, I just read that a high school is spending 60 mil on a new stadium for their football team..............in Texas, that is feckin madness!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Oraisteach

Stew, a few lads on the Carroll team were former students of mine, and given how crappy our high school team was, I'd have been inclined to wager on St. Norbert's myself.

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 01, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
Feherty is living proof that being full of bullshit is far more important than talent.

Besides him it was a brilliant promotion of Ireland.

Feherty is very talented, he is very funny and the worlds greatest players love the man, as for me, I am not surprised that he is ignorant on Gaelic games in the north as he was never exposed to them, he meant no harm and was just trying to be funny.

Feherty is on tv here all the time, he is always very balanced when it comes to his experiences in the north and he is speaking on gaelic games from a very ignorant perspective as the next game he watches will be the first one he watches.

He has overcome addiction, is very, very good in his community and is proud of his Irish heritage, his Mrs Doubtfire comment about Colin Montgomery was hilarious and he has the ability to shoot from the hip and loosen up the stodgy golfing community elite when he sits down with him.

The man lives his life like an open book and I admire the shit out of him, he loves Ireland and his adopted country as do I and although we see things differently he is at least trying to move on, I like that about him.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

turk

What is the crack with NFL and sky sports this season? Looks like nothing is sorted yet

AZOffaly

Capt Pat

No that is next season I beleive.

More imporyantly it is back on channel 4 for the late sunday games.