American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: Declan on August 30, 2012, 12:02:59 PM
Neil Diamond's 'Sweet Caroline' banned from Penn State football games over 'touching you' lyric

Ridiculous. Jerry Sandusky wouldn't have dreamt of touching anyone called Caroline

AZOffaly

Can't wait now. Heading up tomorrow morning. Parnell Park for the double header involving Hamilton High School from Arizona, then Temple Bar for the ND tailgate on Saturday morning, and then the Aviva for the game.

Cheer, Cheer for old Notre Dame.

Craigyhill Terror

Really looking forward to the game - and it'll be good to see Navy's triple option for some real college authenticity

GalwayBayBoy

Seen loads of Notre Dame and Navy fans around these parts today.

Declan

tyroneman

Wonder how much scalper will be looking for tickets outside?  Would love to go but not at an outrageous price.

Capt Pat

Quote from: tyroneman on August 31, 2012, 07:31:04 AM
Wonder how much scalper will be looking for tickets outside?  Would love to go but not at an outrageous price.

There were some tickets to be had on ticket master the other night. I don't know if there are any there now but I am thinking on saturday morning there will be a buyers market for the tickets outside the stadium. The scalpers will be looking for big prices but my guess is that boat has sailed and you will get them cheap on the day.

thejuice

Is this being broadcast live?

How about the games in Parnell Park and Navan?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Capt Pat

As far as I know not on terestrial tv.

Capt Pat

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 01, 2012, 10:54:44 AM
As far as I know not on terestrial tv.

Rte did tease us with a pep rally last night but no game coverage at all.

thejuice

and the live stream?? On the gift website? Seems to to be restricted.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

wayching it now,

notre dame are winning easy

Hardy

I caught some of this. One question - is there a bigger w**ker on the face of the planet than David Feherty? Condescending, misinformed, clownish and insulting paddywhackery in overdrive of the type that even Americans abandoned a generation or two ago. A few gems about GAA: Hurling is licensed manslaughter. Gaelic football looks like a riot into which someone threw a soccer ball. Gaelic and hurling were (in his time) "seldom played" in the North - it was all rugby and cricket. Right.

The occasion was entertaining.

cicfada

The commentator asks David feherty to explain hurling and Gaelic football. Feherty says " Gaelic football  and hurling are not played in the north of Ireland,  Rugby and cricket are the two  big sports there" . Talk about a sheltered upbringing!!

thejuice

Yeah, he seems like an awful knob.

the game was a bit one sided. Hope everyone enjoyed it.