American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keane

Anywhere to get updates from those IAFL games?

gallsman

Any links for Heat-Lakers game?

thejuice

Quote from: Keane on March 04, 2012, 01:20:21 PM
Anywhere to get updates from those IAFL games?

I don't think there were live updates but the results from today:

Carrickfergus Knights 13
University College Dublin 8

Cork Admirals 6
Dublin Rebels 20

Dublin Dragons 0
Tullamore Phoenix 19
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

RealSpiritof98

Colts cutting Manning, not much of a surprise really.

Who do we think will take him

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on March 07, 2012, 12:49:09 AM

Probably can narrow it down to...

Redskins
Dolphins
Titans
Browns (outside shot)
Jets (outside shot)

You have to think either the Redskins or Browns will trade up in the draft for RG3 which will rule one of them out.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 07, 2012, 03:19:01 AM
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on March 07, 2012, 12:49:09 AM

Probably can narrow it down to...

Redskins
Dolphins
Titans
Browns (outside shot)
Jets (outside shot)

You have to think either the Redskins or Browns will trade up in the draft for RG3 which will rule one of them out.

I think the Vikings would be the perfect match for him, dome team with a great RB, Peterson who can catch (like he had in Marshal Faulk, Joseph Addai), two very good TE's -Shiancoe/Kleinsaser and a very good Def would put the Vikes in contention.
WR's are questionable although Harvin didn't have a great QB to work with and Randy Moss going back to the NFL could finish off were he started with the Vikes. As a Bears fan I would hate it and love it.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

AZOffaly

The Cardinals are definitely in the hunt too lads. Kevin Kolb wouldn't be too happy, and I'd imagine Manning would need a significant upgrade on the O-Line, but nonetheless they are chasing, and Larry Fitz would be happy :)

Capt Pat

The 49ers should pick him up.

Hound

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 07, 2012, 08:50:25 AM
The Cardinals are definitely in the hunt too lads. Kevin Kolb wouldn't be too happy, and I'd imagine Manning would need a significant upgrade on the O-Line, but nonetheless they are chasing, and Larry Fitz would be happy :)
My wee pup would have a fit!

Key date for Cardinals is Paddy's Day it seems, as if Kolb is still with them then they have to give him a multi-million bonus, and there's no chance of having both.

As well as those mentioned above, Chiefs and Seahawks are others that are supposed to be in contention.

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 07, 2012, 09:13:40 AM

Are you serious, I know this business is dog eat dog but surely Smith did enough to merit a starting berth next season, his game v the Saint was class and but for the rub of the green regarding Giant fumbles(i know it still hurts) they would have been in the SB.

The romantic in me would like to see him go to the Dolphins or maybe Cards and do something major there, a mistake would be the Redskins, they just dont seem to have the brains upstairs.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hound on March 07, 2012, 02:25:56 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on March 07, 2012, 08:50:25 AM
My wee pup would have a fit!

Key date for Cardinals is Paddy's Day it seems, as if Kolb is still with them then they have to give him a multi-million bonus, and there's no chance of having both.

As well as those mentioned above, Chiefs and Seahawks are others that are supposed to be in contention.

So would I :D

AZOffaly

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 07, 2012, 09:13:40 AM

Think they have already said that they are sticking with Smith.

AZOffaly

Jaysus, that Press Conference was very emotional. Reminded me of the Wayne Gretzky leaving Edmonton trade to LA.