American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc_grens

Quote from: ballinaman on January 26, 2012, 09:54:25 AM
Quote from: mc_grens on January 26, 2012, 09:45:18 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on January 26, 2012, 09:27:49 AM
How did Indy go to muck over the space of 2 seasons?? Did they loose a rake of players besides Manning?

5 bad drafts in a row. A very top heavy roster (a number of huge stars commanding massive money, and a pile of journeymen). Massive dependence on 18.

Btw. What I should've said up the way there is that I think he's gone whether Indy bring him back or not.
I see. Dungee leaving as well couldn't have helped either i suppose.

Definitely hasn't helped.

Capt Pat

They put their whole offense in Peyton Mannings hands. He was never injured and when he did go down with an injury, they had no backup Quarterback.

tyroneman

Dennis Allen more or less done deal as new HC for the Raiders.

Not the marquee signing everyone was hoping for (Gruden) but certainly did a decent job with the Denver defence last year.

First defensive HC since Madden, McK definitely doing things differently in Oakland.....................

David McKeown

One of only 6 QB's left in the league to have started and won a superbowl though so I would be surprised if he didnt at least try to play next year
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

AZOffaly

OK, I'll bite.

Brady, Roethlisberger, Rogers, Brees, Eli Manning? Is that all there is?

David McKeown

Apparently so. Only two active QB's with multiple rings. Bizzare stat just shows how important the QB is
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

mc_grens

Quote from: David McKeown on January 26, 2012, 07:41:48 PM
One of only 6 QB's left in the league to have started and won a superbowl though so I would be surprised if he didnt at least try to play next year

Cant see it. Look at the hits his brother took in San Francisco last week. Then imagine that happening to a man who's had 3 neck surgeries.

Minder

If I was Manning I can think of 28,000,000 reasons to stick around until March anyway !
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mc_grens

Quote from: Minder on January 27, 2012, 05:31:55 PM
If I was Manning I can think of 28,000,000 reasons to stick around until March anyway !

The way things are looking they'll never pay him that money.

thejuice

Superbowl Sunday coming up. Will be watching it in the local sports bar/place till 4am. Or I might stay in on the couch but we'll see. Work the next day will be a tough one.

Should be a good enough game but I can see it panning out as the last time around. Brady to get flushed out by the Giants D-Line but I suppose the thing to be wary of is Gronkowski and if he can get open quickly and often enough to negate that.

Manning is good enough to score on the Pats and their running game has suddenly found its pulse and could be an even bigger factor. If the Pats O-Line can hold up for most of the game they have a decent chance but I think they will struggle.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

screenexile

Looking forward to this. Normally it's a struggle but I'm in Manchester this weekend so will be off work on Monday and can lie in in peace. Sports Bar might be a good idea actually I must have a check around and see if one is open in Mancland!

J70

Is Gronkowski fit now? There's been serious doubts about him all week.

mc_grens

Quote from: J70 on February 02, 2012, 11:24:26 PM
Is Gronkowski fit now? There's been serious doubts about him all week.

Schefter said today that he'd definitely play.

Declan

Latest reports say that he's extremely  doubtful - Can they both lose???