American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Quote from: Minder on January 20, 2012, 02:44:45 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 20, 2012, 01:41:01 PM
Rams v Patriots at Wembley October 28.

Rams for next three years.

They'd want to improve a lot fairly swiftly. Can't imagine there'd be many stumping up to watch the Patriots hammer them.

I think this is a big mistake to be honest. They struggled to sell out this season in Wembley as no-one was that keen to see the Buccs again. 3 years of the Rams will put a lot of people off.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: thejuice on January 20, 2012, 04:01:04 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 20, 2012, 02:44:45 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 20, 2012, 01:41:01 PM
Rams v Patriots at Wembley October 28.

Rams for next three years.

They'd want to improve a lot fairly swiftly. Can't imagine there'd be many stumping up to watch the Patriots hammer them.

I think this is a big mistake to be honest. They struggled to sell out this season in Wembley as no-one was that keen to see the Buccs again. 3 years of the Rams will put a lot of people off.

Guess they are banking that Fisher will improve the Rams which he probably will. Plus they barely had Bradford fit this season so will hope he's healthy too. Still though on paper it's not a match-up that looks like it will sell quickly.

Gabriel_Hurl

Been covered in the Death Notices thread - but Joe Paterno died this morning of lung cancer

Expecting two tight championship games this evening.

Lots of rain in SF - expect a low scoring game dominated by the run

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 22, 2012, 07:00:22 PM
Been covered in the Death Notices thread - but Joe Paterno died this morning of lung cancer

Expecting two tight championship games this evening.

Lots of rain in SF - expect a low scoring game dominated by the run

Shitty, soggy pitch. Low scoring with the Giants winning because they'll get more throws off. Running the ball will be very tough on a surface like that.

Gabriel_Hurl

Good tight game here - big fumble on the kick return there if the Ravens can do anything with it

Minder

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 22, 2012, 10:19:51 PM
Good tight game here - big fumble on the kick return there if the Ravens can do anything with it

Think the Ravens win this, been impressed by Flacco, for a change.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

thejuice

fingers crossed for a Ravens win though a repeat of Pats-Giants Superbowl would be nice. Though Brady almost killed himself going over the top for that TD.

Rice doing well but cant keep it going all the time. Passing game has to do a bit of the lifting too.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

Captain Obvious

gallsman

Shocking finish from the Ravens. They had it all but won with the pass on 2nd that somehow got slapped out and then that kick was just terrible.

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

GalwayBayBoy

Who'd be a kicker? I'd say Cundiff would love the ground to open up and swallow him rather than go into the locker room to face his teammates.

Two huge plays from Moore there right at the end. One strip of a TD and one block of a pass.

Minder

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 22, 2012, 11:16:18 PM
Who'd be a kicker? I'd say Cundiff would love the ground to open up and swallow him rather than go into the locker room to face his teammates.

Two huge plays from Moore there right at the end. One strip of a TD and one block of a pass.

Yeah Evans has to hold on to that though
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

thejuice

great, 2 bloody weeks of Tom Brady worship.  >:(

Capt Pat

49ers punt returner just touched the ball and pretended he didn't. It worked but not with instant replay, a game changing mistake. Touchdown pass to Manningham has the Giants up 17-14 half way through the fourth quarter.