American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

was the Giants/Packers the game of the season so far? cracking game
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Gabriel_Hurl

I really wish Phillip Rivers would make his mind up and decide if he is gonna be a good QB or not

The Iceman

Quote from: sammymaguire on December 05, 2011, 04:38:08 PM
Definitely game of the season so far. Had tickets in my hand for it and the boss took them back. Gutted.

Giants need to win Sunday night at Dallas or its game over for this year....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Capt Pat

Quote from: The Iceman on December 10, 2011, 02:30:58 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on December 05, 2011, 04:38:08 PM
Definitely game of the season so far. Had tickets in my hand for it and the boss took them back. Gutted.

Giants need to win Sunday night at Dallas or its game over for this year....

You would think but I think there is going to be a bit of a dog fight for the last wildcard spot in the NFC. The Falcons will get one but the Bears and Lions are taking on water. 9-7 could be enough.

ONeill

Chargers in control. All eyes on Denver though, hoping the Bears can do something. 0-0 there at HT.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyroneman

Carson Palmer is pure dung. Can't believe we gave up a 1st and 2nd round pick for him. Would be better just letting TP have the second half.

ONeill

Scrap the control. Rivers fumbles in his own zone. 16-10.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Capt Pat

Another miracle from Tebow tonight. 10-0 down with 2 minutes to go and wins it in overtime.

I think the Broncos gave up a first and a second for Tebow as well. Palmer or Tebow????

Gabriel_Hurl

The New York f**king Football Giants!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Club Rossa

How good is it to see Dallas feck it up 2 weeks in a row ;D
Great win for the Giants,really enjoyed the game.The thing that really bothers me when Dallas are on the telly is the amount of bloody times the cameras zoom in on the devil himself,Jerry Jones.We don't want to or need to see the horrible wee cnut every 2 minutes.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Capt Pat on December 12, 2011, 02:25:48 AM
Another miracle from Tebow tonight. 10-0 down with 2 minutes to go and wins it in overtime.

I think the Broncos gave up a first and a second for Tebow as well. Palmer or Tebow????

It was a miracle because it required gross ineptitude from the Bears and guess what - it was forthcoming. Barber going out of bounds, Barbers fumble when in field goal range in overtime - Tebow really must have the guy upstairs working for him and I don't mean John Elway! As a Bear fan I'm sick. Great defensivie display deserved better. Maybe the defense wore down a bit in the latter stages - is that the 4th quarter recovery secret? Best Bears can do now is 9-7 (no way will they beat the Pack) which could still sneak in but injuries have really stolen this season, should be 10-3 really.

thejuice

Happy with the Falcons last night. Thought it was getting away from us with Cam Newton causing us all sorts of trouble with his arm and legs. Matt Ryan was under serious pressure most of the first half and he can't throw on the move. Julio Jones dropped some would be touchdowns which had me lamenting everything we gave up to get him in the draft. At half time I thought our play-off hopes were dashed. But the reverse happened in the second half, Cam was boxed in and couldn't win the game with his arm. He lost his composure and ultimately they lost the lead. The Falcons O-line gave Matt the time he needed while Tony Gonzalez and more importantly Julio Jones began to complete the plays (2 TDs). Roddy White had another excellent game too. Great to get the win and with the Bears and Lions faltering I'm starting to feel we are a bit safer.

That said we have to beat Jaguars next week, then beat the play-off bound Saints who I hope take the foot off a bit, leaving the Buccs who have only pride to play for. It will be 3 tough games to win but I think we have what it takes to win them. 

That said, it's all for nothing if we don't raise our game for the play-offs and get dumped out straight away like all the previous years. Mike Smith and Co better have something special up their sleeves.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

J70

Quote from: Capt Pat on December 12, 2011, 02:25:48 AM

That was much more Barber than Tebow. Two huge mistakes on his part. Whatever about the fumble, the run out of bounds was a disgrace. You have to hand it to Denver and Tebow though; limited as they are offensively, they're producing these late comebacks every week.

AZOffaly

What about those Cardinals? The 49ers had won 5 straight in this series, but the Cards downed them 21-19. 6-7 now after going 1-6 to start the season. The Defense has stepped up, and all the young lads are playing well on D. Too late for this year, but maybe something good is being built for next season.

Capt Pat

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 12, 2011, 01:30:51 PM
What about those Cardinals? The 49ers had won 5 straight in this series, but the Cards downed them 21-19. 6-7 now after going 1-6 to start the season. The Defense has stepped up, and all the young lads are playing well on D. Too late for this year, but maybe something good is being built for next season.

Never say never. The Lions mights not win another game, one at most I think. The bears are gone so you have to worry about the cowboys and Giants who have fairly tough games I think.