American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc_grens

For anyone who wants a top notch appraisal of where the NBA is at right now in terms of the lockout (and having followed it all along God knows why you would), the two part BS Report on Tiesday with Bucher, Stein, and Simmons is great.

new devil

Looking forward to the game tonight..Jets should hammer the Broncos, but with saint Tim you never know  ;)

stew

Quote from: new devil on November 17, 2011, 04:22:47 PM
Looking forward to the game tonight..Jets should hammer the Broncos, but with saint Tim you never know  ;)

He is 3-1 as a starter, at worst, after tonight he will be batting .600.

Not bad for a donkey. :-\

I forget, what was their record before he took over???
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

new devil

Stew i think you have me wrong...I'm far from a hater when it comes to TT....I mean with all the injures that the broncos have and the lack of quality receivers that they have

J70

Jets have to win tonight to have any hope of playoffs. They've still to play the Eagles, who they've never beaten and the Giants, who are one of the best teams in the NFC. Lose those two and its 10-6 at best. Expect them to pack things to stop the run and try to make Tebow throw.

stew

Quote from: new devil on November 17, 2011, 07:28:19 PM
Stew i think you have me wrong...I'm far from a hater when it comes to TT....I mean with all the injures that the broncos have and the lack of quality receivers that they have

never thought that new devil.

look at the results even with the issues you highlighted.

I cant abide the jets, hoping he kicks their arse but I too expect them to pack the box and make him throw or rely on his legs, if he does he will be injured and beaten to a pulp, they have to throw the ball more and he needs to throw it accurately.

thejuice

Broncos 17
Jets 13

hallelujah hallelujah

hallelujah
hallelujah

ha----lle----lu------jah !!
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Capt Pat

It is not a miracle to beat Mark Sanchez. The Jets had very little turnaround time between a sunday night game and travelling to Denver in 4 days.

Quote from: thejuice on November 18, 2011, 09:27:31 AM
Broncos 17
Jets 13

hallelujah hallelujah

hallelujah
hallelujah

ha----lle----lu------jah !!

magpie seanie

Tebow keeps defying the odds. Its crazy. Personally don't see it lasting but he's already surpassed my expectations so good luck to the kid. He has guts which I love.

AZOffaly

I am not at all surprised with how Tebow is struggling throwing the ball, he is never going to be an NFL quarterback in that mode, but I am absolutely shocked at how well he has been able to run the ball against NFL defenses, in fairness to him.

I know he's a big guy, and Athletic, but there are bigger, more athletic guys than him looking over the line at him every week now. And he is still managing to get it done. People say 'he is a winner', and maybe they are right. i know the Broncos defense has made this all possible, but in fairness to Tebow, the Defense isn't masterminding those late drives, or those last minute 20 yard runs, so fair play to him.

I can't see it lasting either, but I hope it does for him. He's got guts and is a very polite kid.

new devil

Think its been the happiest i've ever been after seeing the Jets beat....love seeing Tebow doing good..theres just something about the lad thats so likeable hes one of the best college players of all time and right now there's not another sports person on the planet thats more talked about...hes proved over this last few weeks thats he can do it against quality teams...I'd pick him over Mark Sanchez right now thats for sure

J70

Jets have only themselves to blame. Tebow did nothing the whole game, apart from the opening and closing drives. They punted eight straight times! Then, after Leonard misses what should have been a safety and the end of the game, they change the defense to give cover downfield, when they've been stopping the run all night. And then completely f**k up the blitz on the touchdown. Then throw in the interception (and the return fumble). Just a horrible night all around.

Fair fucks to Tebow for taking advantage, but that is not going to work for them in the long run. Decent defense though.

mc_grens

stew

The charismatic Christian gets er done again............................................ Tim you are the men baby,  ;)

Keep talking about what he cant do lads.

:D