American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club Rossa

Romo can be outstanding then do the most stupid things,the Detroit game was a perfect example.Dallas should have beaten the Jets but were fortunate to beat the Skins last Monday night.

stew

Quote from: new devil on October 05, 2011, 03:50:21 PM
Yankees won 10-1 last night to set up game 5 in the Bronx tomorrow night...AJ Burnett finally came good, hopefully he gets another chance in these playoffs  :-\

I can't abide the yankee's and hope Detroit bate them in the dunghole in noo york in game 5.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

new devil

You don't want my extra ticket then Stew  :P

AZOffaly

Diamondbacks came back from the dead to win the last 2 games in the desert. Series tied 2-2 now, but heading back to Milwaukee where the Brewers should prevail. Great year for Arizona though. Low payroll, young team and NL West Champions ahead of last years World Series Champs.

Interesting to see 3 of the 4 Division Series going to the final game. Should be a good one tonight in the Bronx. Go Tigers :)

Cardinals and Phillies has a real old-tymie fell about it too.

stew

Quote from: new devil on October 05, 2011, 06:06:01 PM
You don't want my extra ticket then Stew  :P

Eh no but thanks for the offer new devil.

For my sins I am a red sox fan but I would still prefer the Yankees over Glentoran, Linfield,rankers,Down and last but least tyrone.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mannix

Never watch the Yankees because I hate the sight of them, however, game 5 against the tigers was one I simply had to watch.
Great to see a nobody lowering the mighty. The Yankees, 200 million it seems can't buy you everything.

stew

Great baseball altogether, the evil empire go all choke dog millionaire, the brew crew win in the tenth and next up is the cardinals, it would be brilliant if the brew crew and the tigers got to the series, an all mid west series would be huge.

The past two weekends have seen Wisconsin have their best sporting wins of all time in terms of we saw to Packer wins, two University of Wisconsin wins, one against the cornhuskers in a rout and of course the brewers  won three games on the weekend. People are going nuts here at the minute.

The pack play Atlanta tomorrow, that will be tough but i think they will win this one as well.

Minder

I see Favre had a swipe at Rodgers

GalwayBayBoy

Capt Pat

Al Davis added a bit of colour and character to the NFL and was very good at what he did for a long time. However possibly greed meant he stayed on too long and he made a bit of a joke of himself and the team in the end.

Minder

Anyone see the play by Victor Cruz for Giants?  :o

tyroneman

Great win on the road to send Al off in style. Penalties all over the shop, nail biting to the finish but I'm sure he wouldnt want it any other way. Pure entertainment.

Just won baby.

RIP Al

gawa316

Quote from: tyroneman on October 09, 2011, 09:52:27 PM
Great win on the road to send Al off in style. Penalties all over the shop, nail biting to the finish but I'm sure he wouldnt want it any other way. Pure entertainment.

Just won baby.

RIP Al

Was sure they had lost that at the end. Thought the QB was just going to run in. Last 2 minutes was full of ups and downs but great win all the same