American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

The pack are 3-0 and have hapless Denver up next, they will have home field advantage wrapped before anyone else, they are brilliant altogether.

Brady will bounce back, fair play to the Bills, it is great to see them on the rise as they have been in the doldrums since the three amigo's left town.  :P
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

thejuice

The NFL put up two status updates on their Facebook page as gaeilge yesterday.

QuoteMar sin, Baile Átha Cliath go bhfuil ár gcuid gach curaidh Éireann Peile Sinsearach. Mura féidir leat iad a chur i gcomparáid le haon fhoireann NFL, ach amháin an chosaint curadh Green Bay Packers, cad a bheadh foireann siad agus cén fáth?

Followed by:

QuoteMar cheann muid isteach Seachtain 3 den séasúr rialta, ní mór dúinn fós roinnt foirne atá 2-0. Cé a cheapann tú a bheith tar éis 3-0 Seachtain 3, agus a mbeidh a gcuid taifead a bhuaigh chailleadh?

Anyone know why?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

RedBolts

Quote from: thejuice on September 26, 2011, 05:52:59 PM
The NFL put up two status updates on their Facebook page as gaeilge yesterday.

QuoteMar sin, Baile Átha Cliath go bhfuil ár gcuid gach curaidh Éireann Peile Sinsearach. Mura féidir leat iad a chur i gcomparáid le haon fhoireann NFL, ach amháin an chosaint curadh Green Bay Packers, cad a bheadh foireann siad agus cén fáth?

Followed by:

QuoteMar cheann muid isteach Seachtain 3 den séasúr rialta, ní mór dúinn fós roinnt foirne atá 2-0. Cé a cheapann tú a bheith tar éis 3-0 Seachtain 3, agus a mbeidh a gcuid taifead a bhuaigh chailleadh?

Anyone know why?

Try this juice: http://www.paddypatriots.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=154

thejuice

Ticketmaster rang me there offering 25% off Wembley tickets. I'd say anyone who paid full price might be a bit annoyed to hear that. Didn't take them though, haven't the cash for it these days. If they call at a later date offering 40-50% off I might take them though.

With the Olympics, RWC, a late sales period due to the CBA and a recession both sides of the Atlantic I'd say it's hard shifting them.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Minder

Calvin Johnson on course to obliterate the season TD record. 8 after 4 games.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Chargers ticking along nicely v Miami.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

barelegs

It's hard work being a Dolphins fan...  :-\

mc_grens

Quote from: Minder on October 02, 2011, 09:25:12 PM

Hardly. The record is *I think* 28 by LT about 2007 or so. Obliterate is a strong word!

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: mc_grens on October 03, 2011, 12:29:20 AM

Hardly. The record is *I think* 28 by LT about 2007 or so. Obliterate is a strong word!

Most TDs Season
1 LT 31 2007 28 ru 3 re
2 Shaun Alexander 28 2005 27 ru 1 re

Most Rec TDs for season
1 Randy Moss 23 2007
2 Jerry Rice  22 1987
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Minder

Quote from: mc_grens on October 03, 2011, 12:29:20 AM

Sorry, meant receiving TD's.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

RealSpiritof98

What a win for the 49ers in Philly, 3-1 and should be bloody 4-0 only for Romo.

Bills and cowboys let my bet down, some great comebacks already this year.

Capt Pat

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on October 03, 2011, 09:45:41 AM
What a win for the 49ers in Philly, 3-1 and should be bloody 4-0 only for Romo.

Bills and cowboys let my bet down, some great comebacks already this year.

Romo has a lot to answer for. The cowboys should be 4-0 only for him as well.

stew

The Pats are back on track and Green Bay are unbeaten, I was at the game yesterday, great atmosphere but the security was fecked.

They implemented new measures to counteract terrorism and it was taking forever, with 30 minutes to go there was only 20 odd thousand people in the stadium and so what did they do, they said feck it and opened the floodgates.

Absolutely amazing.

A Rod is the real deal,  threw for four td's, ran for 2 more with one pick and gained 408 yards in a single game, Brett who???
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

new devil

Rodgers was unreal on sunday..the pass for the 4th? TD was especially good

new devil

Yankees won 10-1 last night to set up game 5 in the Bronx tomorrow night...AJ Burnett finally came good, hopefully he gets another chance in these playoffs  :-\