The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

Quote from: nifan on September 19, 2009, 12:24:32 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on September 19, 2009, 02:03:42 AM
:D WOE WOE WOE Girls.....pull the thongs out of the holes and hang on a minute here, The Hitler thing was a cut and paste (not my words for those of you are actually that slow) in reply to the board Intellect's post #60 and in your careless drive (more play ground tactics) to berate me, ye didn't even take the time to notice that it nor I even mentioned Obama.... :D You brought up the Nazi thing remember... remember, you remember.

Ah ok, becasue it was just a copy and paste people shouldnt ridicule it for what it is?
As for not mentioning obama  :D who where we supposed to be led into believing it was
Good man yourself you actually bring the point across better than I did :D :D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

J70

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 19, 2009, 04:30:56 PM
I did not say that anywhere someone being a leftist professor should allow him a pass. I did not sugar coat anything - I simply said that I did not see anything very extreme about Sustein views, but that even if he was an extremist, his position is not exactly powerful. You are the one hyping things.
Even if we leave out the glaringly idiotic point that animals should be offered the right to sue humans,( even though it is his view) am I to understand that the proposal to ban hunting and eating meat is not extreme in you mind ???
The reason I give you a list of names was to hit back at your sneaky point about Browne, I'd say you'll agree there's a lot more cronyism and corruption employed in far more important roles now than what browne held ::) and again if you think I'm wrong then please explain!
QuoteAs for the lobbying ties, I was simply pointing out that this stuff that seems to offend you so much was and is rampant under Republicans as well, when the idea seems to be put industry or loyal inexperienced people in charge so that they can weaken regulations and enforcement. And I hope you were out marching against the likes of Abramov and his close ties to Republican elites back in the earlier years of this decade.
There you go again equating this administration with the last one.... do you realize how silly this make ye look :D and that it's actually admitting nothing at all has changed!!
Please stop with the childish Republican comparisons (I'm not a Republican and have as much of a beef with them as you probably do! ) and take it on for what it is... my mere pointing out that it's
the same old Washington/Chicago cronyism and wink and nod corruption nothing at all has changed with the Messiah coming to office, it's as corrupt as ever it was, it's just that none of you have the balls to stand up and man up ::) again if you think I'm wrong then please do explain :-\
QuoteAnd I don't know what other people here have said, but I haven't mentioned racism, while many Democrats, including Obama as recently as yesterday, have disavowed themselves from Carter's comments. So address that f**king bullshit to someone else.
So Pelosi gets a free pass on this also not only has she said it's racism but that she stood up with the crocodile tears and said she fears physical violence like
in San Francisco in the 70's >:( WTF is that, is she in sighting Assassination fears or what! could they stoop any lower to try to stifle the American public's views, wishes and constitutional rights...oh and by the way what's your take on her calling the demonstrators Nazi's?

Look TO, I have never said that the democrats are cleaner than the republicans or vice versa. You're the one banging on and on, interpreting every little thing in the worst possible way when it comes to the democrat and liberals. Do you really expect me not to point out the apparent hypocrisy? But now you inform us you're not a republican... fine, but you're a self-identified conservative and the republicans represent you in mainstream politics and I am pretty positive you would prefer to see them in charge at the moment. You certainly seem to get your back up when anyone criticizes them or the US conservative point of view here, but if you think that leaves you clear to point out problems with the democrats, but free to deflect anything pointed out about the republicans as nothing to do with you, fine, have it your way!
I am opposed to the republicans because I disagree with far more of their policies than I do the democrats, not because I think the democrats are more ethical or clean. And as someone who is an atheist who couldn't give a f**k if my two male neighbours are married and who loves science and would like to see wildlife and environment and workers given some decent level of protection and have some kind of social safety net in place I simply do not feel welcome in the republican party as it currently stands, even if I do agree with them on some issues. I'm sure I'm a liberal extremist with Savage's mental disorder in your eyes. If so, I don't give a f**k. I'll defend my views anytime. What I am not going to do is defend every little bit and pandering and idiocy that you can pull out from Nancy Pelosi or Jimmy Carter, as if those discredited my views and elevated your's by default.

deiseach

Edit: deleted my reply. On reflection, I don't want to get involved

Tyrones own

OK that's fair enough but I didn't start this up again to get my back against a wall and fend off the masses here but the inevitable happens
every time with the usual suspects who don't actually know enough to know that they know very little but will try to hammer me at every turn anyway:-*
Their time would be much better spent googling some of the names I bring up rather then the mindless sniping at me but hey bring it on!

I do be in Ireland periodically and am very well aware of the degree of ignorance back there in regards to Bush/Obama comparisons...Funny how
they know where Wiki is to look up stuff on their favorite soccer player or the like  ::)but that's where it stops!
Anyway ball breaking aside and back to the reason I brought this back to life; what is your take on the Acorn news of this past week for instance?
or Pelosi calling citizen's Nazi's? are the wheels coming off this thing out of desperation or what?
  - Walter Lippmann

J70

I think it is entirely correct that Acorn have had their funding cut and their management needs to get a grip on what is going on in their organization if four out of ten places (or whatever it was) that were visited by these undercover people engaged them and offered the kind of advice that they did. And if crimes have been committed, then the authorities should do their job.
Pelosi has never particularly impressed me and should know at this point that those kinds of statements are politically unhelpful, even if they are her and her constituent's honest opinions. I don't think the wheels are coming off, but I think Obama has some tough choices in the coming weeks between the healthcare thing, Afghanistan, on whether to do the politically expedient thing and block Holder's CIA investigations and so on. If he plays it wrong, he could be badly damaged. If it goes well and the economy starts to pick up as they're saying, he could be in decent shape going into the start of the midterms, although the republicans will probably make some gains next year regardless of what happens. Public opinion is mostly influenced by recent events (who the hell is talking about Sotemayor now, for example?!), so time is on his side, if, as I say, he plays it right.

With that, its a beautiful day in NYC. I am off to do something constructive!

Tyrones own

QuoteI think it is entirely correct that Acorn have had their funding cut and their management needs to get a grip on what is going on in their organization if four out of ten places (or whatever it was) that were visited by these undercover people engaged them and offered the kind of advice that they did. And if crimes have been committed, then the authorities should do their job.
If crimes have been committed ??? this is a federally funded organization on camera committing numerous crimes
for example, aiding and abetting Human trafficking, underage prostitution (as young as 13 yrs old ) :o
tax evasion (even though again they're funded by tax payers dollars) to name a few and please do remember Obama's lengthy ties and stated admiration of their work >:(
QuotePelosi has never particularly impressed me and should know at this point that those kinds of statements are politically unhelpful, even if they are her and her constituent's honest opinions.
Politically unhelpful...could you possibly play it down any further :-\ and honest opinions, I think not...this is where i disagree, to turn on your
own citizens with this type of rhetoric or insulting behavior is completely indicative of a person or party that out of sheer desperation has lost all run
of themselves IMO !

Don't get me started on Holder...what's your take on the John Adams Project? To those that don't know.... these scumbags are actively unapologetically seeking out, photographing CIA agents and showing them to Gitmo Detainees :o...
Remember the hysteria and push from the left over Valerie Plame being outed by chance ???
  - Walter Lippmann

J70

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 20, 2009, 12:13:26 AM
QuoteI think it is entirely correct that Acorn have had their funding cut and their management needs to get a grip on what is going on in their organization if four out of ten places (or whatever it was) that were visited by these undercover people engaged them and offered the kind of advice that they did. And if crimes have been committed, then the authorities should do their job.
If crimes have been committed ??? this is a federally funded organization on camera committing numerous crimes
for example, aiding and abetting Human trafficking, underage prostitution (as young as 13 yrs old ) :o
tax evasion (even though again they're funded by tax payers dollars) to name a few and please do remember Obama's lengthy ties and stated admiration of their work >:(

Which is all the more reason to root out the bad apples, or if its systemic, then do what needs to be done. I know your side thinks they are rotten to the core and have little sympathy for their mission, but someone else will take their place and continue their work for the poor and minorities. I don't know what you want from me here - do you expect me to defend the things that are being alleged against them? If its true, its outrageous and I hope those who engaged in such activities get what's coming to them. And if Obama was complicit, then him too. I just hope you're so outraged and outspoken here when the next scandal concerning a right wing group who have worked with some high profile conservative comes up.

QuotePelosi has never particularly impressed me and should know at this point that those kinds of statements are politically unhelpful, even if they are her and her constituent's honest opinions.
Politically unhelpful...could you possibly play it down any further :-\ and honest opinions, I think not...this is where i disagree, to turn on your
own citizens with this type of rhetoric or insulting behavior is completely indicative of a person or party that out of sheer desperation has lost all run
of themselves IMO !

You're entitled to your opinion. I don't see how the current situation the democrats find themselves in could be described as desperation in any shape or form. And if they are, then where are the republicans? As I said in the last post, even if Pelosi holds those views, why air them? Its not politically smart for someone in her position. I couldn't give a f**k whether she personally thinks the some unhinged nut could end up assassinating someone as happened with Milk - its hardly beyond the realms of possibility in America.

Don't get me started on Holder...what's your take on the John Adams Project? To those that don't know.... these scumbags are actively unapologetically seeking out, photographing CIA agents and showing them to Gitmo Detainees :o...
Remember the hysteria and push from the left over Valerie Plame being outed by chance ???

Again, if the lawyers committed crimes, then prosecute them. What do you want me to say? And Plame "outed by chance"? I guess we're all a wee bit selective in our interpretation of events. And ignoring of course the difference between some defense lawyers with ties to the ACLU and the vice-president's office.

We can go on all week like this, but I don't see the point. I get that you (or at least your gaaboard persona) are beside yourself with anger and resentment at Obama and the democrats. I am not going to defend the indefensible (when that applies) and I am just not arsed enough to go and catalogue republican/conservative scandals and hypocrisy and engage in endless whataboutery with you. My main concern is over policies. If my political representatives engage in poor behaviour or even crime, I am not going to complain that they should not suffer the consequences.

Tyrones own

An extreme amount of ifs, ands, and buts there... hardly takes a rocket scientist to see that I'm simply highlighting
the vast corruption and ineptness that this administration is headed and surrounded by not to mention the sheer hypocrisy and insults directed
at me for calling them out ahead of time from most lads here for being a right wing hater and a fear monger...well as Rev wright would say
"The chickens have come home to roost" 
Lord knows some of my findings and facts don't seem to make the headline of the papers and news networks commonly quoted by some here :-\

Sure I voted for W in '04 for the simple reason being I felt the country was safer with him at the helm against attack..which turned out to be
a fact, but at least I can admit wanting to see the back of him as well, this is where I differ from the in crowd here, Obama and his ilk
can simply do no wrong even though the level of ignorance to the reality of the goings on here is mind blowing.
By the way you took the "by chance" out of context, it was meant "if you remembered the outcry by any chance!

The good news is I'm seeing far fewer Obama '08 Stickers and many more "I'm sorry now I voted for him" ones
which is warming to know that contrary to popular belief I just might not be in the minority like some would like to think ;)
  - Walter Lippmann

J70

I stand corrected on the "by chance" thing. Honest mistake.

Muhammed McCarthy

Thank f**k we have only the "chuckle brothers" mark II to worry about, but as the saying goes "you get the politicians you deserve".

stew

Nancy P is a political trollop, A liar of the highest order and I hope she gets the clap, absolutely despise the bitch. Thatcheresque in her likeability and integrity.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

deiseach

Quote from: stew on September 20, 2009, 05:45:21 PM
Nancy P is a political trollop, A liar of the highest order and I hope she gets the clap, absolutely despise the bitch. Thatcheresque in her likeability and integrity.

Don't hold back ;D

stew

Quote from: deiseach on September 20, 2009, 05:58:31 PM
Quote from: stew on September 20, 2009, 05:45:21 PM

Don't hold back ;D

She should be in Jail right now, not part of Obama's posse.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

Quote from: Tyrones own on September 20, 2009, 03:37:59 AM
An extreme amount of ifs, ands, and buts there... hardly takes a rocket scientist to see that I'm simply highlighting
the vast corruption and ineptness that this administration is headed and surrounded by not to mention the sheer hypocrisy and insults directed
at me for calling them out ahead of time from most lads here for being a right wing hater and a fear monger...well as Rev wright would say
"The chickens have come home to roost" 
Lord knows some of my findings and facts don't seem to make the headline of the papers and news networks commonly quoted by some here :-\

Sure I voted for W in '04 for the simple reason being I felt the country was safer with him at the helm against attack..which turned out to be
a fact,
but at least I can admit wanting to see the back of him as well, this is where I differ from the in crowd here, Obama and his ilk
can simply do no wrong even though the level of ignorance to the reality of the goings on here is mind blowing.
By the way you took the "by chance" out of context, it was meant "if you remembered the outcry by any chance!

The good news is I'm seeing far fewer Obama '08 Stickers and many more "I'm sorry now I voted for him" ones
which is warming to know that contrary to popular belief I just might not be in the minority like some would like to think ;)

What was the fact? That you voted for him?
MWWSI 2017

Tyrones own

QuoteWhat was the fact? That you voted for him?
Na the fact being that you're so embarrassingly light on knowledge, facts or God forbid an opinion ::)
that you're reduced to picking single words or phrases out of my posts these day's rather than the actual
point being made..... :D
  - Walter Lippmann