Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFS

They're no Barcelona but probably have enough quality to cause one or two problems. I'd be very surprised if United weren't able to turn them over though.

Is Ribery fit these days, seems to be in and out of their team? Looking at a few of their recent lineouts they're likely to look something like this:

Butt

Lahm  van Buyten  Badstuder Alaba

Schweinsteiger van Bommel Muller

Ribery   Robben

Gomez

full back

The 'oul saying of 'nothing easy at this stage' etc etc is true but the draw is the best Utd could have hoped for as Inter & Barca have been avoided until the final if Utd get that far.

Bayern wont be easy & if Utd revert to pre-Christmas form or Rooney gets injured then Bayern will go through.

If not it will be a Utd/Lyon semi

ross4life

So Bayern it is! i certainly won't be thinking of a Semi final until united Play the German's! last Year Porto almost knocked united out so nothing easy at this stage & having to play Chelsea in between the bayern tie's makes it s a extremely difficult week

bayern were lucky in the last round i hope their luck runs out for this one  ;)

p.s i have feeling maureen will make the final this year

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

EC Unique

As easy a route to the Final as could have been hoped for. Is the first match home or away?

ross4life

Away first on the tuesday, chelsea on sat 1245 & home to bayern on the wed  ;)

if united get to the semi it's at home first
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

EC Unique

Not too bad. Would have been worse if it was away on the Wed before Chelsea. Utd have lost serious points in weekend games after away European games.

full back

Lets hope there is plenty of this on Sunday

ross4life

haha fergie & neville will be like that if united score the winner in the 97 minute on sunday & i for one would settle for that  8)

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: full back on March 19, 2010, 04:51:44 PM
Lets hope there is plenty of this on Sunday

two horrible cnuts if every there was
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

EC Unique

Great to see a man close to 70 years of age having such passion for the game.A pure genius who nobody even gets close to in terms of management.

muppet

Quote from: EC Unique on March 19, 2010, 10:22:18 PM
Great to see a man close to 70 years of age having such passion for the game.A pure genius who nobody even gets close to in terms of management.

Herb Kelleher?
MWWSI 2017

EC Unique

16 year old Joe Coll from Donegal has signed for Utd as a goal keeper.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/joe-16-signs-for-man-united-2104303.html

Good luck to the lad. :)

J70

Not even close? Not even Sir Matt himself? ::)

EC Unique

In terms of consistant success and being able to adapt to the massive changes in the game over 30 years.... Not even close. Lets hope he is about for another few seasons as manager.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: J70 on March 19, 2010, 11:12:07 PM

Not even close? Not even Sir Matt himself? ::)

Mickey Harte EC?  :o