More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on April 19, 2019, 02:32:47 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on April 19, 2019, 02:07:56 PM
Haven't heard the details. What exactly happened?
From what I can gather the peelers went in hard yo stop the locals doing a Rising march. It kicked off, some brain surgeon fired at the cops and hit a civilian who may or may not have bern out protesting. This of course justifies the havy handed police action.

She wasn't protesting she was a journalist.

There's a video going around showing young lads being responsible for the shooting. Cowardly dissident bastards putting guns into the hands of children absolute scumbags!!

Milltown Row2

From what I can gather the peelers went in hard yo stop the locals doing a Rising march. It kicked off, some brain surgeon fired at the cops and hit a civilian who may or may not have bern out protesting. This of course justifies the havy handed police action.

WTF post of the year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sheugh Water

Ffs, all of a sudden Arlene and Michelle best friend. Part of the problem thb

J70

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 19, 2019, 03:02:07 PM
Quote from: balladmaker on April 19, 2019, 01:19:43 PM
I can't think of a name or an adjective to encapsulate those who committed this murder.  Whoever pulled the trigger, provided the amo, stored the gun for them, whoever knows the names of the perpetrators but won't hand them over .... they're all as guilty as each other.  A total waste of a young life.  RIP Lyra McKee.

And isn't that the problem. Within a few parts of Derry, Tyrone and Armagh we have communities willing to provide active and tacit support for those who want to use violence for personal or political gain. They share the guilt of killing this young woman, killing or maiming young Catholic police officers and allowing their young people to be radicalised in the way of the Republican armed struggle like those who went before them. In many ways, we are heading back full circle to 1970s and, even worse, there is even less reason for the use of violent force to never achieve anything but misery and death.

Indeed.

Just what exactly do morons like this think they are going to achieve? What's the end game? Have they even thought about it? Is there anything to it beyond the immediate, sick gratification of a few scumbags? Is there basic criminality, whether drugs or smuggling or whatever, involved somehow?

Assuming there has been some modicum of a strategy put forward, the Brits are still there 50 years after the Troubles started, including targeting of England itself. The unionists are not going anywhere. The armed approach didn't work then. Why would it work now, when you don't even have the issue of discrimination or civil rights to try to rationalize starting it?

Itchy

Quote from: J70 on April 19, 2019, 03:51:21 PM
I can't think of a name or an adjective to encapsulate those who committed this murder.  Whoever pulled the trigger, provided the amo, stored the gun for them, whoever knows the names of the perpetrators but won't hand them over .... they're all as guilty as each other.  A total waste of a young life.  RIP Lyra McKee.

And isn't that the problem. Within a few parts of Derry, Tyrone and Armagh we have communities willing to provide active and tacit support for those who want to use violence for personal or political gain. They share the guilt of killing this young woman, killing or maiming young Catholic police officers and allowing their young people to be radicalised in the way of the Republican armed struggle like those who went before them. In many ways, we are heading back full circle to 1970s and, even worse, there is even less reason for the use of violent force to never achieve anything but misery and death.

Indeed.

Just what exactly do morons like this think they are going to achieve? What's the end game? Have they even thought about it? Is there anything to it beyond the immediate, sick gratification of a few scumbags? Is there basic criminality, whether drugs or smuggling or whatever, involved somehow?

Assuming there has been some modicum of a strategy put forward, the Brits are still there 50 years after the Troubles started, including targeting of England itself. The unionists are not going anywhere. The armed approach didn't work then. Why would it work now, when you don't even have the issue of discrimination or civil rights to try to rationalize starting it?

It's a disgusting act by scumbags and what can you say to the ladies family. However, the 70s this is not and I'm not sure what purpose such a comparison makes.

BennyCake

Would it not be a case of 'I seen nothing'? Talk to the police over something, and your house gets torched or your windys put in around you, or get put on the waiting list for a new knee.

Kidder81

Why are all the journalists tripping over themselves to say how friendly they were with her ?

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: screenexile on April 19, 2019, 03:04:25 PM

There's a video going around showing young lads being responsible for the shooting. Cowardly dissident b**tards putting guns into the hands of children absolute scumbags!!

Can she not have been both?

I cant speak to veracity, but there us stuff out thrre thst says she was there as a protestor. Which makes the shooter even more inept.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on April 19, 2019, 05:05:16 PM

There's a video going around showing young lads being responsible for the shooting. Cowardly dissident b**tards putting guns into the hands of children absolute scumbags!!

I cant speak to veracity, but there us stuff out thrre thst says she was there as a protestor. Which makes the shooter even more inept.
You are 100% wrong. She was standing beside Leona O'Neill (also a journalist) when she was shot. Some hero obviously fired towards police lines and got her instead.

dec

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 19, 2019, 05:18:04 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on April 19, 2019, 05:05:16 PM

You are 100% wrong. She was standing beside Leona O'Neill (also a journalist) when she was shot. Some hero obviously fired towards police lines and got her instead.

How can he be wrong, he said "there us stuff out thrre thst says she was there as a protestor" which certainly convinces me.

ziggysego

Lyra was a dear friend of mines and my heart is broken today. Please don't be fueling rumours. In enough pain.
Testing Accessibility

tonto1888

Quote from: ziggysego on April 19, 2019, 05:27:19 PM
Lyra was a dear friend of mines and my heart is broken today. Please don't be fueling rumours. In enough pain.

Sorry for your loss

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: ziggysego on April 19, 2019, 05:27:19 PM

:( sorry ziggy. I know quite a few who know her too and to be honest the whole thing is sickening.