Kildare GAA to move house..

Started by Dinny Breen, November 29, 2006, 08:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

sheamy

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: sheamy on April 18, 2012, 02:21:33 PM
You're completely missing the point DH...there is a finite amount of resources in any county. Presumably the county board pay all other expenses for the senior team? Or are the senior footballers self-financing?

If those finite resources are taken and spent on something non-essential like warm weather training, and at the same time, central GAA money has to be given to bail the county out, then that's wrong and unfair on other counties. You cannot separate the county board from the senior team and run two financial systems. I think that's the point Martin Breheny is making and I think many will agree with. The GAA won't let that happen either as Kildare might soon find out.

Good luck!

I take on board your point but the players fund also contributes to the expense of their own training at home so that is not solely the county board's burden. They decided to forgo a team holiday at the end of last year to go on this training trip so I think it is unfair of the likes of Breheny to drag them into this debate. They are not at fault for financial mismanagement by the county board.

Quote from: Jinxy on April 18, 2012, 02:39:42 PM
Is Seanie going on this?

Nope. He can't afford it. The house in Straffan and the daily round trip through the M3 tolls have hit the Cavanman hard in the pocket!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

seafoid

What other ambitious GAA stadium plans have collapsed following the end of the Tiger ?
I bought "the Pope's children" at the weekend and the first page is from a different age.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

HiMucker

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 18, 2012, 02:47:17 PM
You're completely missing the point DH...there is a finite amount of resources in any county. Presumably the county board pay all other expenses for the senior team? Or are the senior footballers self-financing?

If those finite resources are taken and spent on something non-essential like warm weather training, and at the same time, central GAA money has to be given to bail the county out, then that's wrong and unfair on other counties. You cannot separate the county board from the senior team and run two financial systems. I think that's the point Martin Breheny is making and I think many will agree with. The GAA won't let that happen either as Kildare might soon find out.

Good luck!

I take on board your point but the players fund also contributes to the expense of their own training at home so that is not solely the county board's burden. They decided to forgo a team holiday at the end of last year to go on this training trip so I think it is unfair of the likes of Breheny to drag them into this debate. They are not at fault for financial mismanagement by the county board.

Is Seanie going on this?

Nope. He can't afford it. The house in Straffan and the daily round trip through the M3 tolls have hit the Cavanman hard in the pocket!
What does this include.  I can only think of gym membership?

Bingo

Leaving Kildare to one side at the minute, I can see one of these player training funds becoming a problem at some stage down the line.

On one hand, what a few posters have said is true, that they will surely cut across normal funding and no doubt the players fund is a more attractive fund to contribute to. Also, the water must be muddy as to what they contribute to and what they don't contribute to. Who holds these funds and in what way are they transparent.

I know in Monaghan when Banty was in charge he gathered alot of funding directly and their was all sorts of rumours going round to what this money was used for.

This training camp probably costs in the region of €50k, at least. I'm sure its great for the players and all that but in a so called amateur game is this sort of money really helping the games as a whole. Would that money be more useful employing 2 GAA coaches in Kildare for the year and see longer term benefits. You could argue an All-ireland would be just as useful for long term benefits I suppose.

Its a very grey area and one that few counties can maintain.

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: HiMucker on April 18, 2012, 03:06:14 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 18, 2012, 02:47:17 PM

Good luck!

Is Seanie going on this?

What does this include.  I can only think of gym membership?

They built and equipped their own gym

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

TheGreatest

Looks great

Couple of Qs, the article doesn't state where the money will come from and 2, if the capacity will increase?

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jayop

Idiotic to build one now that doesn't have one.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 21, 2018, 01:01:13 PM
Looks great

Couple of Qs, the article doesn't state where the money will come from and 2, if the capacity will increase?

The usual, CP, Exchequer, club levies and fund-raising.

Capacity will be 15K, perfect for all occasions from League to Championship to County finals.
#newbridgeornowhere

Jayop

There's loads of money in Kildare and in this day and age you need to be able to pamper the sponsors the way Dublin can using their home stadium to get the most of out them. Every new county ground or ground being done up should have this as much as it annoys me that this separation happens.

Hound

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 21, 2018, 01:27:22 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on August 21, 2018, 01:01:13 PM
Looks great

The usual, CP, Exchequer, club levies and fund-raising.

Capacity will be 15K, perfect for all occasions from League to Championship to County finals.
Looks great alright. Link not working for me, when do they expect it'll be ready and how long will Newbridge be out of action for? (thinking about a potential Leinster QF next year of KE v Dubs)