19. Neil Forester (Baile Stíl)
20. James Kielt (Cill Ria)
21. Ryan Bell (Baile an Doire)
22. Conor Murphy (Dún Geimhin)
23. Conor McAtamney (Suaitreach)
24. Cailean O'Boyle (Leamhaigh)
25. Daniel McKinless (Baile an Doire)
26. Mark Lynch (Beannchar)

Part of me doesn't expect much after the previous two results in the league and another part of me expects a big response as we were so poor. This one could go either way.

JoG2

She'll be a long drive home if there's another listless display.  Emmet needs support as he won a mountain of ball early on in Healy Pk and had diddly in the way of backup.  Glad to see Sammy start,  a cultured a footballer  as there is about

50/50 is about right at this time

Centre3Quarters

Very surprised to see McFaul named, heard he had left the panel due to family/work commitments!! Barton looks to have thrown in the towel on the league to focus on championship, hope he hasn't too early with Laois, Meath and Armagh all needing points!

Real Talk

I thought that in the Tyrone game we had no defensive structure in place at all,  they dragged our defenders all over the field eg Chriss McKeague seemed to follow Sean Cavanagh who rarely (and never does) stayed in the full forward line.  We need a strong/smart CHB who knows when to sit and when to go .... in the modern game this is very difficult. Also we need our 2 wing half forwards to act as additional half backs to copper fasten our defensive unit.  The other 6 players should form a mobile Offensive unit choreographed to work as a unit.   I know that's easier said than done but that is a game we have to play continuously (Tyrone have a system in place for many where all their squad players have bought into for many years) until we can improve our performance.  The challenge for DB is getting 'round' pegs for 'round' holes and it would benefit the tem if they could retain their Div 2 status and then by the 2017 Ulster Championship they would be much better prepared.  Now I think Conor McAtamney should be our CHB and I am disappointed with the defense that is chosen for the Laois game... that said there are not many good quality ones at this moment in time ... but we must get the league points on Sun which will not be easy in Portlaoise

Unlaoised

Laois are so inconsistent it's not even funny

This could go either way bookies have Derry 4/7 on

Good to see some Derry folk down enjoying Portlaoise Town tonight sound bunch of people
LAOIS ABÚ

Itchy

Come on Laois, I need a favour!

dúnros

has the queens county team been named yet ?
if so, could anyone post it please.

lenny

Quote from: Real Talk on March 11, 2016, 10:35:16 PM
I thought that in the Tyrone game we had no defensive structure in place at all,  they dragged our defenders all over the field eg Chriss McKeague seemed to follow Sean Cavanagh who rarely (and never does) stayed in the full forward line.  We need a strong/smart CHB who knows when to sit and when to go .... in the modern game this is very difficult. Also we need our 2 wing half forwards to act as additional half backs to copper fasten our defensive unit.  The other 6 players should form a mobile Offensive unit choreographed to work as a unit.   I know that's easier said than done but that is a game we have to play continuously (Tyrone have a system in place for many where all their squad players have bought into for many years) until we can improve our performance.  The challenge for DB is getting 'round' pegs for 'round' holes and it would benefit the tem if they could retain their Div 2 status and then by the 2017 Ulster Championship they would be much better prepared.  Now I think Conor McAtamney should be our CHB and I am disappointed with the defense that is chosen for the Laois game... that said there are not many good quality ones at this moment in time ... but we must get the league points on Sun which will not be easy in Portlaoise

What game were you watching? McKaigue played at midfield and marked mattie donnelly and did a great job of keeping him out of the game.

omagh_gael

Fancy a wee upset here, Laois showed some glimpses of quality when we played them and really need the points to stay up. I'm going for Laois by two.

Centre3Quarters

You sure that wasn't the Derry senior panel on the town UNLAOISED, I think they where out for a couple last night aswell?! This Derry 15 will need to be firing on all cylinders to get the result today against a hungry point seeking Laois outfit.

JoG2

About an hour away,  is she dry? A few boys need to really lay down a marker today. 

seafoid

Laois 1.10 Derry 6 points at HT
Good news for Cavan..
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

TheOptimist

Its Laois 1-10, Derry 2-06 although from listening online we are very lucky to be only 1 behind

Wildweasel74

Laois 1-21, Derry 4-09. Derry not know how to defend these days, that's 3 massive scores given away in 3 games, tactics gone all out the window

Wildweasel74