Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Quote from: screenexile on September 30, 2021, 11:59:08 PM
Quote from: screenexile on September 21, 2021, 12:01:06 PM
Did it last night and it works 100% thanks benny!

So apparently scanning your NI Covid cert into the Irish App isn't actually a bona fide EU COVID cert.

Has anyone had any luck with the new portal? I managed to get my QR code accepted this morning but haven't received anything back as yet and sounds like people are having bother uploading their QR code all day.
I've a brother on holiday in Italy, says its been scanned loads of times, working fine.

Rois

It works in Italy and France and a number of other places because they have actively done something to accept it, but won't work in the Netherlands, for example. It isn't being recognised as an EU cert in those countries, but is being accepted as it is.

I got my QR code accepted too, but haven't heard anything either.

bennydorano

Do u know if its accepted in Canaries? Tenerife?

Rois

Quote from: bennydorano on October 02, 2021, 02:58:10 PM
Do u know if its accepted in Canaries? Tenerife?
Do you need it for anything over there?  Friends visited Tenerife in August but didn't have to show their passes for anything, and I don't think you need the European one specifically to enter Spain (differs from Portugal in that regard).

general

So ive got my NI Covid Vaccine Document - 1 Bar Code and 2 QR Codes on it

what do i do with it now to get the EU Passport?

I've just read that a Day 2 Covid Test booking is required to get back to Belfast - absolute money racket

Milltown Row2

Quote from: general on October 04, 2021, 10:48:26 AM

I've just read that a Day 2 Covid Test booking is required to get back to Belfast - absolute money racket

Aye, mate was telling me that is still the case, he's off to Portugal for a few days and needs to get that PCR test when he comes back (day 2) but the cost was around £40? from Randox
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Randox kits are 48 quid per person and have to be returned to Holywood, Antrim or Crumlin.

screenexile

To get the EU Passport is an absolute nightmare process. . . I've been trying since last week and only this morning I think it's gone through correctly but won't know until tomorrow.

You need to first get your NI COVID Cert. and then save the 2nd QR Code into a PNG or PDF format.

The next part is difficult as the Irish Govt Website is glitchy and only accepts your application if you disable CORS on your browser. There is a link how to do that here:

https://alfilatov.com/posts/run-chrome-without-cors/

Once you've done that open the new version of Chrome and complete the application at the below address and submit then hopefully you'll be accepted!

https://covidcertificateportal.gov.ie/en-US/third-country-cert-request/

Also note it needs to be done on a laptop or desktop computer!

Rois

So the code you got accepted last week - do you think that didn't work? 

I don't really need it, just wanted to get it, but my settings are tightly controlled on work laptop and I don't use Chrome anyway, so I am hoping someone fixes it somewhere before I do need it.

screenexile

Quote from: Rois on October 04, 2021, 01:34:12 PM
So the code you got accepted last week - do you think that didn't work? 

I don't really need it, just wanted to get it, but my settings are tightly controlled on work laptop and I don't use Chrome anyway, so I am hoping someone fixes it somewhere before I do need it.

Yeah if you use the ROI app to scan your NI QR Code it just replicates it and it technically isn't an EU COVID cert and in some countries they aren't accepting it like the Netherlands.

I used the ROI app at the weekend in Dublin and whatever app the guy in the hotel was using to scan my phone it said there was an issue with my digital signature.

Applesisapples

Im using a Mac can't get it to run.

screenexile

Got the cert from Dept of Health this evening!

Taylor

Quote from: screenexile on October 05, 2021, 12:39:05 AM

I assume you have to go through all this malarky now screen?

Or will that get you on flights from Dublin?

Applesisapples

Quote from: screenexile on October 05, 2021, 12:39:05 AM
Cannot get this to work, I've tried scanning the paper PDF and screenshot of the app QR code, all rejected. Which did you use?

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: screenexile on October 04, 2021, 01:00:24 PM

To get the EU Passport is an absolute nightmare process. . . I've been trying since last week and only this morning I think it's gone through correctly but won't know until tomorrow.

You need to first get your NI COVID Cert. and then save the 2nd QR Code into a PNG or PDF format.

The next part is difficult as the Irish Govt Website is glitchy and only accepts your application if you disable CORS on your browser. There is a link how to do that here:

https://alfilatov.com/posts/run-chrome-without-cors/

Once you've done that open the new version of Chrome and complete the application at the below address and submit then hopefully you'll be accepted!

https://covidcertificateportal.gov.ie/en-US/third-country-cert-request/

Also note it needs to be done on a laptop or desktop computer!
Cheers i will try this tonight SE, I have no idea what CORS is or does but do you need to reinstall it after you complete the application (and  is it straightforward to do)